[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we get over gay depression? I mean fuck, it's so lonely.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (69 KB, 400x251) Image search: [Google]
image.png
69 KB, 400x251
How do we get over gay depression? I mean fuck, it's so lonely.
>>
I just jack off a worrying amount of times and try to stay distracted
>>
>>5828485
read all the time, especially books

it helps a lot
>>
>>5828513
Or drink a lot
>>
I battled denial and depressions for years.
>now im a slut and the happiest i have been in years.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS! GO BE A SLUT!!!
>>
File: lahey.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lahey.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>5828572
this
>>
File: extreme sadness.png (90 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
extreme sadness.png
90 KB, 480x477
>That feel when found the one, but he left me due to my own stupidity
>You spend every single day mired in self-hate and regret

I wish I could have held him. We came so close. It's been more than a year since he left, but I still find myself crying about it quite often.
>>
I do A LOT of drugs and drink, and it seems to ward my depression off for now.
>>
>>5828694
Hey senpai, I feel you. I had to leave the person I loved for 6+ years after finding out he wanted to be a she. It was the last year of our relationship that I slowly grew distant, and then had to hop off the ship. Deep down, I wish I could've stayed, and wanted to so bad, but I knew it would never be what I wanted.

>tfw you feel like shit but its not your fault
>>
>>5828701
I met him when I was in university. I was just really lonely, but he reached out to me on some thread in /r9k/, and we became really close. We e-mailed, but eventually moved to phone-calls and Skype. Then we became boyfriends.

I even paid for him to come to me... But the plan was ruined when my parents found out. I had always thought they'd be very accepting. But they wouldn't let him stay. I didn't have money to pay for a hotel. Neither did he. He ended up not coming. He broke up with me about a month later.

In retrospect, it's all my fault. I should have stood up to my parents. Used the $100 dollars I had in my bank account to rent some cheap motel.

I really hate myself.

Since him, I don't feel like I can ever love anyone again. To be fair, I'm too much of a loser-recluse, and I don't interact with people on a regular basis. But even so, it has been an entire year where I don't find anyone attractive. Nobody catches my interest: not men in the magazines or on TV or online.

I really miss him.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWKZTI9OC4

I love you anons
I hate you anons
I make you laugh
I make you cry
I make you think
I make you cringe
I am alone as you
>>
>tfw no quiet recluse bf who cuddles me to sleep
>>
>>5828485
I abuse amphetamines. They make me feel happy for a while.
>>
File: 1437223316753.gif (69 KB, 1000x166) Image search: [Google]
1437223316753.gif
69 KB, 1000x166
>tfw no gymbro bf that goes lifting with you at 5am in the morning
>tfw no gymbro bf for after workout sex or cuddling
>tfw no bf that prefers to go hiking instead of partying
>tfw no bf to cuddle on a couch while reading a book
All those guys near me seem to be like the generic slut

>I like parties
>warning: I'm iPhone addicted xD
>only write me if you have a big dick
>>
>>5828937
>Going to the gym at 5am
fuck that lmaoo
>>
anonymous sex works for me.
>>
>>5828485
Cuddling my pillow sometimes helps
>>
>>5828485
Realize that the man you idealize probably doesn't exist. Much like wanting to live in a fantasy world, travel to the stars or having super powers what you probably want is not a fallible human but an idealized version of a man, and like the other things mentioned what you want is probably impossible.
>>
>>5828485
By blaming other people for your depression.
>>
>>5833855
I want a fallible human. Not attracted to perfection, sometimes I idealize imperfection even. I am certain that I would be cured of my depression if I found a bf.
>>
>>5828737
>He broke up with me about a month later.
If what you described was enough to make him break up with you then he never really loved you in the first place.
>>
>>5828842
I am a recluse fag
>>
>>5828642
Kill yourself
>>
>>5834124
Maybe yes, maybe not, learn that having your happiness being dependent upon someone else is a recipe for 95% of failure.

If at all you truly need someone else to be happy, learn that happiness for you might be unreachable. If that's the case focus then on not being unhappy, focus on self improvement and hard work.

By personal experience I know that keeping your expectations and dreams on a realistic field and working hard enough you might be able to get out of depression, and while still not being happy, improve your self-esteem.

One of the side effects of working on self-improvement is that you might be able to find new objectives to fill your mind, another one is that if you ever find someone who matches what you want or need, you'll look more desirable and be more ready to help him if the need arise.

The bottom line is that there's no use in pitying yourself for being alone since not only this will not improve your chances but it might actually harm them.
>>
>>5828485
take pills and find friends and look for bf?
I dunno my life is shit and I'm literally forever alone and sometimes I feel happy regardless, its all in your brain and having at least some 'friends' helps
>>
>>5834579
There is literally nothing I dislike about my life apart from being alone. Stop assuming things. My loneliness by itself was enough to bring me into depression. I would without a doubt be happy if I had someone by my side. I do not expect someone to come and fix my life, I just want someone who loves me. I expect nothing more and nothing less.
>>
>>5834625
>There is literally nothing I dislike about my life apart from being alone.
If that were true you would be smart enough to not be depressed. Besides you cannot ASK for love, it's either given freely or it's fake.
>>
>>5834776
>If that were true you would be smart enough to not be depressed

>implying love isn't the most importand thing in life

>Besides you cannot ASK for love, it's either given freely or it's fake.

What are you on about? ofc you cannot ask for love but what the fuck do you mean? When did I say this?
>>
>>5828485
Have sex
Get a partner
Rinse and repeat until you find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.
>>
File: judgejudyrollingeeyes.gif (982 KB, 390x259) Image search: [Google]
judgejudyrollingeeyes.gif
982 KB, 390x259
>>5829052
fatty detected
>>
>>5828937
>5am in the morning

As opposed to what, 5am in the evening? Lmao dumbass
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>5834852
Some people work night shift therefore 5am isn't morning for them.

also
>pic related
>>
>>5834829
>implying love isn't the most importand thing in life
Let's be clear, it doesn't matter what is or isn't the most important thing in life, it's it's not achievable you are creating a dream or a delusion, not an objective. The advice I gave you, that making your happiness dependent upon others is a recipe for failure is what anyone with a bit of experience on the field will tell you. Realize that and work upon changing your mindset so you can have a better emotional life, or don't and live depressed the rest of your life, it makes literally no difference for me.

>What are you on about? ofc you cannot ask for love but what the fuck do you mean? When did I say this?
That you can not expect anything from anyone, specially love. Even if you did find someone to love, dated him and made your best for him there's absolutely no guarantee he'll even see you as more than sexual relief with a bit of light companionship without commitment required.

You sound awfully naive about the human nature.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>5828485
therapy, medication, and friends who are willing to fuck to keep you going
>>
>>5834892
every human on the planet is dependent on others for their happiness

the point is they have other people, so its not a problem for them
>>
>>5835006
>every human on the planet is dependent on others for their happiness
Not true, a lot of people are emotionally dependent in general and one way or another they are actually very unhappy.

>they have other people
Who don't fulfill the need they have. Just because you are in the middle of a crowd or surrounded by friends it doesn't mean you won't feel alone.
>>
>>5835022
Actually having friends to talk to does alleviate to an extend your need for human contact

Id much rather feel alone in a group of friends than not have any friends

Also its pretty much conclusively proven that number of friends and relationships is a predictor of happiness and longevity
>>
>>5835022
>Not true, a lot of people are emotionally dependent in general and one way or another they are actually very unhappy.

Psychology, being pseudo science, has a tendency to pathologize everything. Too much love is pathological, as is basing your happiness on others. The ideal person should base his happiness on himself and live for himself. The loss of a loved one would make little difference to such a person, as love requires you to base your happiness on someone else, that's kinda how it works. You do not choose this, but you cannot love anyone and claim that your happiness does not depend on him. Then again it is a disgusting pseudo-science we are talking about. I had been visiting shrinks for 5 years and was on medication. It didn't help me, not even a little bit. Then I found my husband and through his love and devotion pulled myself out of my depression.
>>
>>5835044
>Id much rather feel alone in a group of friends than not have any friends
Too bad actual friends are just as rare

>Also its pretty much conclusively proven that number of friends and relationships is a predictor of happiness and longevity
My whole point in this conversation is that all of this is is a gamble, purely luck based. You shouldn't base your plans around luck, only by relying on yourself for the most of your needs can you realistic make a path out of depression.
>>
>>5834139
Where do you live?
>>
Drown yourself in the affection of animals and use their love to fill the gaping, cold void of loneliness in your soul.
>>
>>5828485
I try to meet new people often in hopes of finding someone I'll fall in love with. I get bored so easily I never stick to a friend group
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.