[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hormones, how do they work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: questchins.png (33 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
questchins.png
33 KB, 200x200
1) What's your HRT dose?
2) Does it work well for you?
3) If you take more estrogen than what's needed (say 10mg) is it true that you get worse results?
4) How does exogenous estrogen even work? How can 4mg of estrogen be enough to service all cells in your body especially if you are taller or generally bigger? Should people with faster metabolism or taller people take more estrogen?
>>
>>5826555
1) 200mg Spironolactone, 5mg Finasteride, 24mg Estradiol
2) Yes.
3) No
4) Extra estrogen is typically prescribed to lower stubborn testosterone levels, as extra spironolactone past 200mg is just pissed out.
>>
>>5826555
0.5 mg duta, 12.5mg cypro, 10mg valerate q 8 days

it works really good as long as i dont smoke.

taking more than whats needed is unnecessary and gives you moon face. it takes you from "woman" to "pregnant"

if you're taller or bigger or faster metabolism, it'll affect things, which is why blood test
>>
>>5826642
>as long as i dont smoke.
Yes, that's true. Smoking, both cigarettes and weed, reduce your body's ability to do anything with synthetic estradiol.
>>
>>5826555
1) .5cc 10mg/mL estradiol valerate weekly
2) it might be too much
3) I've never heard that, but it's a waste of good estrogen.
4) oral hormones are broken down by the digestive system before they reach your hormone receptors, probably to degrees that vary from person to person.
>>
>>582655
2 mg Estradiol (still)
50 mg Cyproterone
2.5 mg Finasteride
2.5 mg Medroxyprogesterone

2. Working some. Really need to bump the E in the soon and get onto a real dose of micronized progesterone instead of medroxy.

3. Just increases available estrogen. May be a practical waste if you've got enough binding already.

4. Blood tests, do you do them? Otherwise, you're stuck guessing at optimal doses.
>>
Is it true that feminization doesn't happen if your E levels are below 200 pg/ml?
>>
>>5826745
The number I think you're thinking of is 200 pg/dl (2 pg/ml), and that's what endocrinologists have identified as a safe ceiling for trans woman estrogen levels. Psychologists advise being in the 80-140 pg/dl range.
>>
>>5826835
>Psychologists advise being in the 80-140 pg/dl range.
Isn't that a little low? I mean will it "work" the same way no matter if you are 80, 120 or 190 pg/dl?
>>
>>5826871
Depends on the person and their receptiveness. I tend to disagree with the APA on principle, so think of their ceiling as a floor and use the Society of Endocrinologist ceiling instead.
>>
>>5826888
>Society of Endocrinologist ceiling
So what their recommendation is?
>>
>>5826703
>50 mg Cyproterone
>2.5 mg Finasteride
Why both?
>>
>>5826941
maybe because cyproterone is a crappy DHT blocker?
>>
>>5826703
Why cypro and MPA ? Cypro already has progestative effect. And why finasteride w/ (assumed) adequate dose of cypro ? And only 2 mg of E.

That makes no sense.
>>
File: ripicles.png (16 KB, 523x53) Image search: [Google]
ripicles.png
16 KB, 523x53
>>5826947
Except it's not?
>>
>>5826941
50mg, after all my testes' posturing leaves me with a moderate, rather than low, female-range T level. The finasteride is to shut down any further DHT production, which is helping my hairline creep back forward so that follicular transplants will be less costly later in transition.
>>
>>5826973
Cypro is a fairly weak progestin, and 2 mg is because QHI is taking for fucking ever with my last order. For fin, see above. Have damage that needs reversing.
>>
>>5827001
How can there be any further DHT production if your T is in the female range?
>>
>>5827021
DHT isn't a male-exclusive substance. There's just a bunch more of it. A bunch less of it does not appear to be entirely sufficient to stop my receding hairline. Unlucky genetics.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.