[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How old is too old to transition? And I mean transition and pass,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 6
File: 1453401265539.jpg (106 KB, 698x658) Image search: [Google]
1453401265539.jpg
106 KB, 698x658
How old is too old to transition? And I mean transition and pass, I am 23 almost 24 in a couple of months I will be, not much hope for me because I am rather big, but I am still trying at this point I just want to know how much success people have had after their early 20's?
>>
>>5812764
Also mtf, pretty sure I am fucked but just need to hear it from someone else.
>>
>>5812770
Depends. Post pics of face, non angled.
>>
>>5812764
how big are u?
>>
>>5812764
it's hard to say without seeing what we're working with, but you're probably still fine. time is obviously of the essence, though. if you think you could've transitioned and passed at ~20, you could probably still transition and pass now.
>>
File: gigi-gorgeous-01-435.jpg (29 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
gigi-gorgeous-01-435.jpg
29 KB, 435x580
>>5812764
The best time to transition is when your a kid or in your early teens (duh) but as long as you transition before like 20 you should be fine and look like a "real" female. If you transition after that you probably won't pass. Sorry :p (pic kind of related gigi gorgeous)
>>
>>5812783
Can't post pics, I really wish I could but in my current situation I am unable to come out fully right now which is why I am trying to remain anonymous. I can give you a description though. My face has always been softer, I have a round chin and not a very big atoms apple. My cheek bones are high, about the only thing I would consider purely masculine about my face is my nose, and possibly my forehead as it's quite large. Not worried about surgery to correct the face, plastic surgery in this respect is more or less the least of my concern my primary concern is body. When I am able to post without fear I will post pictures of my face later.

>>5812790
I am between 5'11" and 6'1" I haven't checked in awhile, My maximum weight ever was 315 pounds, but now I am around 285 and dropping because I decided to diet. Hands are large and feet are large, I wear a size 13 mens shoe atm though size 12's and 11's sometimes fit me as well if they are wides.

>>5812811
I probably could have if I started when I first had the issue at 4 but that was awhile ago haha. I repressed it for quite some time, at this point I am dieting and trying to figure out if this is even worth the trouble. The only thing is the massive depression and such.

>>5812827
Yeah I understand it's quite rare to pass afterwards but not impossible. I wanted to know if there were any success stories after the early 20's
>>
>>5812783
Further more I have large eyes which helps, and my mouth I wouldn't say is feminine but neutral. I was thinking about starting HRT and seeing how well it does and then making my decision if I want to finish or not.
>>
It varies widely depending on genetics and such. Some people can transition successfully at 40; others are hons at 17.

After puberty, the body continues masculinising to full masculinity; this process peters out mostly around 25-26. It's usually harder to transition the closer to and longer after that point.
>>
>>5812854
That's really all you can do. That and diet like heck. You really want to be about ~160-170lbs at your height.
>>
>>5812866
Yeah, the weight it from depression. I found if I eat vegetarian and don't eat meat I can resist the urge to fall into severe and bad eating habits, so I went vegetarian a few weeks ago. (It was too easy to allow myself comfort food from shitty places while eating meat).
>>
>>5812865
I am trying to slow that process now by taking light estrogen supplements, since I am not on hrt yet and still need to get approved.
>>
>>5812783
Come to think of it, awhile ago (about a year or two) I did a face symmetry test and I got a 8/10 for male, and I think a 8.8 or 8.2 for female, I can't remember I will have to try it again.
>>
>>5812922
Just did it again. I got a 7.44 for female. Though my ears were hard to put and it complained about it. It also said the same thing I already did about my nose.
>>
>>5813259
I should probably mention my ears do not flare out at all. They are almost glued to my face.
>>
>>5812827
Nah this is bullshit. Its more like before 25 is fine, before 20 is ideal, before 15 is basically unheard of until really recently. Most people I know that trans before 25 are fine. Most people I know that trans after that are more iffy. After 30 you pretty much need FFS, unless you are extremely lucky.
>>
>>5812764
the age when you don't sound convincing over the phone. the success rate of someone able to live a normal life over that age of 20 could be as high as 3%.
i'll tell you if you can't live as yourself now and have strangers convinced you are the opposite sex nothing i'd say would cheer you up
>>
>>5813651
Voice training for that, people spend tons on mones and shit and never train their voice.

>>5813332
I still feel like my only chance is to develop a way to inject my mind into a machine and make a android body I can manipulate... Like I said, I think I am going to try, but for how long should I before I give up? I have seen someone as old as 34 trans before, but I know she is a rare one.
>>
>>5813332
obligatory hugbox post
>>
>>5813676
when transgenders shaft the greatest means of expressing their inner self to someone (voice). While many gays have worked on convincing drag voices. Weird
>>
>>5813737
I have never, ever heard a drag queen with a convincing voice. Ever. Period.

When you have male vocal chords and a male voice box, trying to not sound like a male is virtually impossible, lol.

(I'm not disagreeing with you. I think voice is at least half of how to pass -- I've seen cis women that look trans until they open their mouths and sound cis -- but damn if it isn't a hard ask)
>>
>>5812764
I transitioned at 27 going on 28. I'm 31 now, pass fine (Haven't been clocked in like 2+ years unless dealing with ID/others outing me, bleh). Age helps but genetics helps more.
>>
>>5813786
you got pics by any chance?
>>
>>5813786
Not saying I don't believe you, I just would like to see if you are willing to share.
>>
>>5813938
>>5813948
Sorry but I'm not one for splashing my image on 4ch. Seen it go sour too often
>>
>>5814021
Np, I understand completely.
>>
>>5812764
dont have a choice do it anyway or you'll do it later. Better now than never.
>>
>>5812841
>6'
>285 lbs
>23
>"repressed it"
Anon. I don't think you are a girl sorry.
>>
>>5812764
Suicide is an option.
>>
>>5814112
Repressing it is a lot easier when you drown yourself in vices, I got through high school and puberty via drugs. The high weight could very well just be not giving a damn about their body. I mainly started trying to be healthy after deciding to transition
>>
Would I pass? I'm 5'5 and 108lbs 18yrs old.
>>
>>5814112
Vices guy wasn't me let me explain.
Was raised in a super religious household with a terrible mother and I was raped by my cousin for years. I thought for the longest time that it was because of the rape, the only problem with that theory is I have had these thoughts before then, I even went back and looked at old photos and there are tons of me doing "girly things" in them, so it wasn't an implanted memory either.

When I mean I repressed it I mean that I would dress as a woman in private and be very very careful no one caught me, and I have done that since I was 14. Prior to that I would always try to get my sister or her friends to dress me up and that was no dice really, I mean once she put makeup on me, and not a lot, and once her friends tried to put make up on me, but I rejected it because of social pressure.

I also like reading stories of people transitioning (made up) I read the ones that are mostly forced which I looked into and found means two things. Either I am what is known as a submissive and want to be degraded etc, which I know isn't the case, but another option that is common is that because of social pressure a lot of transwomen like to feel like they were forced into it because then social pressure has a disconnect in their head. It's sort of like society is not only accepting them it is correcting the mistake it made in the past. I recently got the paper work to go to a shrink and am working on that part, but honestly I only weighed as much as I do because I don't like going outside. Before I became a vegetarian I still didn't eat more that about 2k calories per day on average, some days because of depression I just don't eat which probably didn't help that situation.

Lately I have been forcing myself to leave my house all but one day a week, and I have been forcing myself to try and get more comfortable with being active and doing things in public I always wanted to do but never would because of social pressure.
>>
started at 23, pass at 25 and with significantly improved mental health. still had significant changes to bone and face to the point that i don't even look like the same person. don't listen to the naysaying anons
>>
>>5814327
You are lucky, and yes you probably will if you start HRT now, don't be an idiot like I was. Go to a shrink, talk to them and tell them literally everything, I mean everything. It will probably be awkward and you may take a few times to say what you need to but just remember that they are used to dealing with these issues. The only things I think you should abstain from telling a therapist is anything death related unless a family member recently died and it saddened you. That exception only is revoked if you truly and utterly feel like there is a chance you will hurt someone else or yourself, then tell them because you probably need more advanced therapy.
>>
>>5814406
One more word of advice. When I was 18, I thought I could handle the level of anxiety and depression I had over the issue for my entire life, and it was a better option to me at the time than going to my family and saying "I have always felt like I should have been a girl" and have all of them disown me. Now I realize that if they do disown me which is a 99% probability for all of them, I will still be better off. The anxiety and depression gets worse and worse overtime, and eventually you will be spending almost your entire existence outside of social situations crying or in a fantasy world where you are pretending to be a girl, I.E. on a video game, or through some other medium.
>>
>>5814406
>>5814452
Oh I see.
>in a fantasy world where you are pretending to be a girl, I.E. on a video game
Already am...
>>
>>5814327
(you)
>>
>>5814403
Thanks bud, I know there are some out there, and I think the only true answer is that I have to try HRT and see if it works. How long should I be on it before I decide to quit though if it isn't working properly? 4 months? 8 months? 2 years?

>>5814466
I meant that will literally be the only thing you do besides cry and go on social occasions and sometimes you will have to excuse yourself and go somewhere private just to cry. It doesn't mean you're trans, but if you have any gender identity issue you should deal with it or end up really fucked like I was.
>>
>>5814278
I will say you are correct about the healthy eating thing though. For about three months two years ago I decided to try and make myself more feminine for about 3 months but I wasn't ready to talk to anyone about it and stayed on that diet and exercise until my cat died and it crushed the shit out of me.
>>
File: big guy.jpg (23 KB, 250x376) Image search: [Google]
big guy.jpg
23 KB, 250x376
>>5814045
For you
>>
>>5814452
That's exactly what I've been doing for the past 5 years actually. Holed up at home playing videogames as a male character trying to see myself there. I don't want to do anything else because just living means I have to expose myself to the public and exist as "me". I have a plethora of other mental conditions though, so I don't know if in my case it's a transgender issue or some sort of generic depersonalization.
>>
File: 1455111896609.jpg (55 KB, 354x299) Image search: [Google]
1455111896609.jpg
55 KB, 354x299
>>5814403
>23
>significant changes to bone
>>
>>5814911
My apologies if you are the same person as >>5814327

I thought you were a mtf not a ftm, but now based on your comment it sounds like you're a ftm. Still even though you are a little short if you start HRT now you may grow later on, I wouldn't delay seeing a therapist.

Sorry you have already been spending 5 years trying to do such things. But if you are concerned about a depersonalize issue (which I am as well currently) my advice still stands. I wasted years trying to deal with it myself until i exhausted almost every other option and fucked myself over by not considering or at least trying to find some help, the one time I did go to a therapist I got scared and didn't talk about my gender issues or others and just closed up again and played the therapist. It is of vital importance not to do that, you want to be 100% honest with exception to the kill and death thing I mentioned earlier, this is because if the therapist suspects that you are a danger to yourself or someone else you will be institutionalized. This has happened to three people I know, one through another friend and two I know personally. All three of them said that they USED to be suicidal and they were all put into the quack house and forced to take medication and basically lost their free will. The one that I know was in there the least amount of time was two weeks, and he was by far the most intelligent who ended up there. One of them was stuck there for 3 or 5 months I can't remember how long exactly, could have even been more time than that. The final person was stuck there for a year. This is not good for a lot of people, which is why I said the only exception to this rule is if it is your last hope before you go and off yourself or someone else.

Essentially, it's not impressive to play the therapist, everyone can do it and you are just wasting your time and theirs. Go there, try and keep an open mind and attempt to keep yourself neutral and do not try and persuade the therapist.
>>
File: IMG_1466a.jpg (147 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1466a.jpg
147 KB, 720x960
>>5812764
I know some people try to get "20 is too late to transition" to become a meme, but you can start much later and pass 100%. I started at 35 and I'm doing fine. Here's a pic and a voice clip... My singing is awful now, but it's a good indication of where one can get with very little training.
https://clyp.it/dcg2jkqi
>>
>>5814112
>tfw 6'
>290lbs
>18

rip in pieces
>>
>>5815633

>35

why are old people on 4chan
>>
>>5815633
>https://clyp.it/dcg2jkqi
You aren't terrible at singing, You just need to work on dropping pitch, can you send a picture of yourself before? You do look very feminine in this one.
>>
File: IMG_0201.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0201.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>5817113
Well, here's how I looked "as a guy" five years ago.
>>
>>5819836
Still very feminine haha.
>>
>>5819836
Holy shit
you look so much different now.
Are you a goth or something?
>>
>>5820758
did she have nose surgery?
>>
>>5820758
Well, I have been taking pueraria mirifica, and over the course of about a week I have a few of my features looking slightly softer, and my voice about 15-30 minutes after taking it gets softer and a bit more high pitched (the voice isn't in my head, I actually didn't notice it my aunt did and commented on it because she thought it was odd).

>inb4 pueraria mirifica is shit!

I know it's not that good, I decided to try something though, also my nipples have been extremely sensitive since starting it.

>It's in your head.

Possibly, but doubtful. I try my hardest to keep myself from getting false hope, and this I still consider false hope, I just through it was interesting.
>>
>>5815633
Just out of curiosity did you get a full surgery? Or did you decide to stay a trap?
>>
>>5822673
depends on the quality of the pueraria, mine was total shit, just ruined my hair and nothing else.
>>
Age isn't that good of an indicator. Just start immediately, there's no real telling without extensive and expensive genome inscription. Some people are gorgeous when they started at 40. Some people are hons even when they started at 16. And plastic surgery is getting more miraculous every year, so who gives a shit really?

It's true that you heal better the younger you are, though.
>>
>>5815781
Because we started at 16-22 like you but aren't fucking newfags. Now shut up and get back in your boo box.
>>
>>5824881
Getting SRS in a couple months. I'll celebrate my 38th birthday in Bangkok.
>>
>>5824932
When's that? Maybe we'll meet.
>>
>>5824940
May, with Chett.
>>
>>5824946
Awh bummer I'll see him in July.
>>
>>5824954
Well, I'll make sure to post updates in the generals while I'm there...
>>
>>5824957
/mtfg/?
You don't exactly meet many who've been to Chett so that would be nice. Also what hotel did you pick? Might be interesting too.
>>
>>5825001
A bungalow at the Bangkok Rama. Thought it'd be a better idea to stay at ground level while I have limited mobility. Plus I like cats. Also, I've spent the past ten months in a hospital room, it'd be depressing to get out only to be stuck in a hotel room instead...
>>
>>5825008
Fair enough, I went with the vertical suite as it's closer to the clinic and I'll have someone along to support me with everything, so I hope not living in the ground floor won't be too bad. And if I need anything bought my bf won't have to leave for long either.
>>
>>5821843
That is me they posted, I didn't have nose surgery. Still got my Irish honker
>>
>>5825471

What dosage are you taking? Injections?
>>
>>5825658
100mg Spiro and 4mg estradiol orally once a day. I started much lower and worked my way up to this based on doctors orders and such. I had very low T (they wanted to give me T supplements in my late teens) and I also never finished male puberty so I don't know if I'm a good example for this thread
>>
>>5814389
You're fat as fuck. Get to 200lbs and then see how you feel. It might be possible, that your hormones are out of whack and that's what makes you feel grilly. Also, check your hormone levels. Maybe you qualify for free sterons. Still, first of all you should loose weight to normal levels. Test+being obese= bitch tits.
>>
Would I pass?
~160-180 lbs(I know, I should lose a few pounds).
Between 5'6"-5'9"
Large hands(but long fingers), wide feet
High cheekbones, more round face, but smaller eyes.
<20 yrs. of age(not finished with puberty, but a ways through, voice has changed, started growing small amounts of facial hair, etc.
I probably wouldn't be able to transition for a good 2-3 years or so; testosterone would be a bit more apparent.
Thanks.
>>
>>5813677

Yes, jesus fucking christ this 4chan god damn it. Fuck off with your bullshit. The amount of people who are 20+ who can actually pass after surgery in real life is like <10%.
>>
>>5829000
What about the rest? what happens to them
>>
>>5828976
need pic, try test blockers.
>>
>>5812764
Bit late to the party but I'm 5,11 was relatively big before transition and also started a month or so after my 24th birthday.

Currently 27, full time passing stealth, and have been for two and a bit years.
So yeah, it's possibles HIGHLY recommend losing the weight before hand though. Losing it on oestrogen will be harder
>>
>>5829000
What about if I started at 19, 5'10'', 130lbs measurements are like 32/26/30 or so 21 y/o now. Been on hrt year and a half ish. Can I pass with FFS?
>>
>>5829202
I will probably end up about 5'9" to 5'11", and my nose is pretty big. I would post a pic, but that would be unwise.
>>
Would I pass? I'm 5'3 and 110lbs [redacted]years old.
>>
>>5812764
I was kind of andro as a guy even when I tried (facial hair assured people I was male), started HRT at 25, turned out fine. Some ugly butch piece of shit could start at 12 and get worse results than you starting at 24.
>>
i wanna get on hrt but do not wanna go see a doctor irl.
what is the most popular hrt brand to buy online?
>i only have paypal
am 26. had a chance to take hrt when i was 19 but mind fucked me over and told me i was not ready and i said no without thinking.
>>
>>5829000
>>5813677

Do you actually believe this? I'm not hug boxing, im stating what I have generally seen to be the case. I'd say after 20 (before 25) the amount of people that can generally pass is about 65%, dropping off towards the end. Being "brutally honest" on /lgbt/ more often means "being a form of wrong that is tinged with immense amounts of self-hatred". Passing, if you transition in early twenties is not hugely difficult. After that it becomes more difficult, but not impossible. However after 30, the people I have seen who passed either had surgery or were extreme outliers. But to say that someone will "probably not pass after 20" is just blatantly wrong.
>>
>>5830390
I wish I was 5 fucking 3
>>
>>5812908
Smart. As soon as you think transition is likely, start HRT or at least andro blockers. You can reverse taking hormones, you can't reverse not taking them.
>>
>>5830613
You're looking at the world through hon glasses. Passing over 20 is extremely rare. Please don't white wash because you just come across as a fetishist
>>
>>5830390

Now I'm really curious about what age you are 112? 113? 114? 115? 116?
>>
>>5833054
this. basically everyone above 20 who posts their pic here is one of the few lucky ones who pass
>>
>>5833129
I guess I'm lucky. But I really don't think I'm an "extreme outlier". Granted, there's a lot more to passing than looks, but it's not the trial of fire some seem to think it it. Also, it's not the same as being pretty, and I have to admit I'm very lucky to be both passing perfectly and beautiful.
>>
>>5833814
I started at 28 and have to literally pull my knickers down in emergency rooms to prove that I'm not a cisgirl.
>>
>>5833054
Fuck me. I'm dying over here trying to get into the sexology clinic here in Denmark, and I'm 22. I'd be like 25 by the time I'd start, if not older, by then even the super slim chances I have at passing right now would be gone.
Guess I'll start DIYing and hope for the best.. Fuck. :(
>>
>>5834643

Make sure to take CPA.
>>
>>5834657
What's CPA?
>>
>>5834674
Cyproterone Acetate
>>
>>5834701
Ah, yah. Been looking at that too.
Thanks!
>>
>tfw just turned 20
>been putting off hrt for years because dont want to come out
>pass w/ makeup and a wig but probably not for long
triggered.png
>>
>>5833054
What the fuck? You are seeing the world through self hating tranny glasses. Passing is not this impossible magical thing. It isnt easy, but its not that difficult.Most of the trans women I know that pass transitioned in their early twenties. You are just full of shit.
>>
>>5835021
if you aren't hopeless, depressed and self-hating you arent really TruTrans and are just an agp fetishist, sorry senpai
>>
>>5834701
Cypro is seen as the inferior of the four main anti androgens.
>>
>>5835099
Really? I've heard good things about it..

What would you recommend, then, in order if possible?
>>
>>5835041
what if your just depressed and self-hating, but not hopeless?
>>
>>5835116
Spironolactone is the preference because of its low side effect and contraindication rate (really only potassium to worry about.) After that, for example, if Spiro is ineffective (it is for some, but not many) you should move into bicalutamide, and then Cypro as a last resort. Above all there of these is a monthly injection of Lupron, but almost no insurance covers that and it's very expensive (but gives true castrate levels of T)
>>
>>5835296
Mmh.. I see.. It would be way easier for me to be on Spiro than Cypro, since Cypro is really expensive..
>>
>>5835362
Mhmm, Spiro is very cheap. Also depending on which country you live in, it can be very inexpensive. RiteAid in the US does it cheap for prescription along with Estradiol.
>>
Question, let's say you start test blockers at 19-20 but wait until your late 20s or so to take estrogen. What would the results be hypothetically? (that's assuming you're an "average" tranny and not an outlier)
>>
I'm 19 and I'm pretty sure that it's late. Maybe not too late, but still starting at 16 would me much better.
And I'm 5'8 if that matters.
>>
>>5840604
You'd kill yourself before you made it to late 20s. Total lack of test or est is brutal.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.