[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans and not being you.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
(1/3)
My friend is pissing me off, and I don't know what to do/say. He's FTM and started transitioning around 6 years ago.

I've been through some tough shit in my life, and have been all sorts of abused. I was even in one of those mental institutions where I was starved and beaten. Me and him have always been really cool with one another, and have always been a good ear for each other.

The past 3 months though, my friend has been going on and on about how there is nothing worse in the world than being trans, and that people who "just have mental illness or depression," don't know what real pain is like. He's constantly finding ways to subtly or not so subtly demean my experiences/abuse.

As far as I know, he has never been physically abused, raped, almost killed (as I have been). His trauma comes from growing up with a neglectful mother who was a hoarder, and he and his dad moved away when he was 16 (he's 25 now).

I get that it isn't a good way to grow up, but it's really irritating me that he's claiming that there is nothing worse to go through than what he has been through and being trans. And yes, I've talked to him about it before, telling him how I feel invalidated. He apologizes, but then just starts the bullshit right back up again a moment later.

Finally this past weekend he lost it or something. I was staying at his place, and I came downstairs to find him speaking in tongues. He claimed that it was an ancient language he was speaking......okay......

Then he started going on about how this body is not his, which is normal...but it threw me off because he said he used to having wings, tail, and horns...

His voice had changed and everything. He said, "It's so difficult to sit in these human bodies. I don't know where to put my tail."

And he just kept talking, saying how he was a dragon-god that was sealed away in "this body" while doing 'evil laughs' that made me want to vomit with how fake he sounded.
>>
>>5855615
(2/3)
I basically just ignored him. He then said to me that he was going to let his "other self" come out instead, so that I would be more comfortable around him. His mannerisms and voice changed again, as he was now some girl who was supposedly a goddess of true justice that was cursed to live in his body.

The way he spoke sounded so fake with 'her' too. That's what was pissing me off the most, I think. It was feeling like I was dealing with a child who was simply playing pretend, but he was legit believing that he had these two different beings trapped inside of him. The goddess explained to me how she and the dragon-god combine to form one personality that he is by default, but now they want to be separate.

I eventually just said that I was tired and wanted to go to sleep.

The next morning, it wasn't over....he comes downstairs and speaks in his dragon voice, "I don't want to go to work today, I can't deal with humans right now."

Later we decided to go to the mall, and the whole while in the car, he kept telling me that the goddess wanted to be in control, and asked if I would mind.

Now...as I said, I've been in mental institutions before, so I was seriously starting to think that he was having some kind of dissociative disorder or schizophrenia thing going on. I wanted to be a good friend and support him, but boy was it pissing me off....

So this goddess decided she would come out at red lights only.
>>
Sounds very tumblr
>>
>>5855615
>>5855629
(3/3)
It's been two days, and he's still referring to himself as "we" or "us". I don't know what to do. Is this normal for people who are transgender to slip into identities like this? What should I do or how should I react when these alters come out? Why is this suddenly happening after 4 years of knowing him? Was growing up with a hoarder mother that traumatizing that it give him DID?

Or is he just doing this for attention? Seriously, the thing that is pissing me off the most about this is just how fake and childish his voice acting sounds with these "alters". I would think people with DID not sound so fake? Anyone else have any stories of something similar happening with you or a friend if they are trans?

He even said himself though that he wonders if him thinking there are two beings inside his body is just his mind, but he knows it's real, and it's just a curse that is making him try to believe that this is all fake. He keeps asking me if it's okay for his alters to come out with me, and all I keep saying is I don't know. I feel like a bad friend if I don't “believe” him or tell him not to let them out around me. However, it just pisses me the fuck off for some reason.
>>
>>5855615
Your a bad friend if you let him do this shit OP. They either are fucked in the head and need help or a Tumblrina and are doing this to feel extra super special. In which case they need to knock it the fuck off.
>>
>>5855636
>Is this normal for people who are transgender to slip into identities like this?
Fuck no. I'm FtM. This is something else.

This smells like a psychotic break or something of the sort. Even if it feels real to him, it isn't and you shouldn't accommodate it.

I'm not saying ditch him. But tell him he needs to talk to a therapist about what's been happening recently. If it's "real" (as in, he's not pretending to experience this stuff as real) his condition could seriously deteriorate and the sooner he gets help the better. If he refuses to go voluntarily, call it in.

Of course you would be pissed off. You had a bad childhood and adolescence, and lately he's been shitting over your experiences and playing oppression olympics instead of trying to relate like a friend should. Then he goes weak in the head and tries to unload that weirdness on you. Hell no. Fuck that.
>>
>>5855707
>They either are fucked in the head and need help or a Tumblrina and are doing this to feel extra super special. In which case they need to knock it the fuck off.
This.
>>
definitely try to get him help in form of a competent psychiatrist. and don't ask /lgbt/ how to behave towards him, wether to ignore it or say he should cut it out. nobody here is qualified to advice you.
i especially wouldn't listen to people who articulate themselves this way >>5855707.
>>
Get the fuck away from him, OP. It's only going to get worse. This reeks of tumblr shit he either made up, or he actually does have real issues that has only been made worse by tumblr. It is NOT normal. This does not sound like DID either. Tumblr is all over that shit with their 'alters'. Yeah, yaddya yaddya tumblr boogeyman and all that but with someone with a mother who actually has DID - its infuriating to me to see people playing around with shit like that. I'm not doubting he possibly does have something wrong with him, but he sounds like he's just acting and further disillusioning himself. You can speak up but chances are he will just fuck off to tumblr and complain with his otherkin buddies that people don't understand and they will just further validate him.
>>
Look, DID is not real. Just have a proper meltdown, tell how awful it was to be institutionalized, and tell him to stop his otherkin bullshit.
>>
Plot twist, the friend is one of OPs personalities
>>
>>5855615
i knew another ftm like this, literally transtrender garbage. i don't regret cutting ties
>>
>>5855615
Embrace the insanity
>>
>>5855615

Assuming you aren't trolling, your friend is a nutcase, OP. You really need to get the hell away from him and just cut ties altogether.
>>
>>5855615
He's an even bigger attention seeking faggot than you. Get rid of him and find some friends who will show proper deference to your superlatively troubled past.
>>
>>5855615

As someone who grew up with a parent who had severe psychosis for about a decade, the shit your friend is saying sounds awwwwfully similar. Except instead of demons and angels controlling them, its dragons and goddesses. Same shit.

Talk to them sincerely about it, say that you're worried about their mental health and see what their reaction is. The way they respond under pressure would be pretty telling. Decide where to go from there.
>>
I'm so glad people exist to post these bullshit stories.

Come on OP, hurry up and write part 4.
>>
>>5855636
>Is this normal for people who are transgender to slip into identities like this?
No, but it is more common in transgenders than the regular population. This is likely due to the greater amount of stress they go through.
>What should I do or how should I react when these alters come out?
Get him psychiatric help.
>Why is this suddenly happening after 4 years of knowing him?
Accumulation of whatever sent him over the edge.
>DID
no
>>
>>5855615
yeah, that's not normal trans people behavior. someone I know has had a few dissociative episodes, and it reeealy doesn't sound like that either. sounds like some kind of weird cry for help more than anything.

>>5856173
>starring jake gyllenhaal
>an edgy yellow filter
>and introducing: some spiders
>rated R
>>
File: this is my bait.jpg (81 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
this is my bait.jpg
81 KB, 600x589
>>5855615
>>5855629
>>5855636
He sounds like a chuuni but considering he's 25 it's probably best to call a shrink, even if his just pretending and playing opression olympics I say it's a sign there's something wrong with him, at the very least he's extremely childish
But I think he might be genuinely mentally ill, definitely not DID tho

Maybe just tell him to either get a shrink or stop talking to you, you probably can't really force him to get help, but I don't see why you'd have to deal with this shit OP

>>5855940
>someone with a mother who actually has DID
care to share more anon

>This reeks of tumblr shit he either made up, or he actually does have real issues that has only been made worse by tumblr.
Second seems more likely, tumblrinas tend to keep their shit where it's safe
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.