[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
University legbutts, have you gotten involved in your campus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: tell me more.jpg (41 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
tell me more.jpg
41 KB, 224x224
University legbutts, have you gotten involved in your campus LGBT club? If not, why? If so, how are the people there? Is it full of SJW nonsense?
>>
>>5798825
mine was.
someone posted a pic on an event page saying they were too nervous to come out to the event, so instead they stayed in and did art therapy. They then posted a picture of an animal that could have been drawn by a 10 year old, covered in glitter.

They were praised by everyone.

I don't need that noise in my life.
>>
I've been to my trans club and it's pretty worthless.

Tumblrinas ruin everything.
>>
>>5798834
do you have the pic?
>>
>>5798924
Haha I think i have it somewhere on my whatsapp history as I sent it to some friends to show them how rediculous it was. But effort to find it right now
>>
>>5798825

> lesbians and queens

boring & basic
>>
It made tumblr look like a group of thoroughly self actualised, sane people

Although I established a rapport with some of the gay guys just talking about how batshit it was and sort of made friends that way, usually the people who run it will be insane, the girls will be insane, but there will be a group of guys you can befriend
>>
>>5798825
why would I if I just want to be a normal functioning member of society? 4chan is the only "support group" I need and I'm glad it's one I never have to talk about
>>
>be in high school a couple of years ago
>senior year
>decide to start a GSA with a friend of mine
>get it all planned out, schedule it during lunch so that kids with prejudiced parents don't have to explain why they're staying at school late
>two girls take up leadership position
>okay.png
>club starts to grow, it's alright
>two girls with leadership positions basically just ditch it two weeks in and only did it to have a diversity mark on their transcript
>all the fucking furries from the school (at least fucking four of them out of our 10 members) think that it's okay for them to come and talk about their unrelated bullshit
Why. Also, I go to a really far left college right now and it's full of social justicey tumblr types. We have plenty of people who consider themselves trutrans because they're nonbinary or genderfluid or some other snowflake label. I have nothing against these people, but saying you're trans for that reason is like saying you're an amputee because you have a limp. Some bulldyke started up a post on our discussion forum saying that biological sex is a social construct and wouldn't explain why and kept acting triggered. We have a ton of morons here and it's hard to talk about it since it's such a small campus and it's easy to get ridiculed for having different beliefs.
>>
>>5798825
I gave mine a try because I thought that maybe I could get a bf there. But yeah it was like a real life sjw tumblr.

I got basically kicked out when someone complained about the lack of lgbt teachers and I asked why the teacher's sexuality should matter at all in the first place.
>>
I didn't even try because I saw that they meet in the campus playhouse. Huge warning sign.
>>
>>5798825
>involved w/ uni legbutts
no

>why not
i dont really care to, plus...

>sjw nonsense
to an extent yeah, it is full of feminists. and they (in this case) coincide with marxist philosophy / political leanings which i oppose as well
>>
>>5798825
I went to two meetings last year. The first time, they just talked about organizing legbutt things like little socials and stuff and asked if any of us wanted to help i.e. volunteer. We just introduced ourselves and gave our preferred pronouns, which was okay I guess. Only one fat guy with a lisp said he was genderqueer or something retarded, but no one really let it turn into a discussion. Most people were pretty awkward though.

The second one I went to, there were like 3 people and we just hung out and did nothing LGBT related for like an hour. I gave up at that point because I realized the following was just too small. My university town doesn't even have a gay bar or anything so it was pretty fucking saddening. Legbutts are doomed there even though the city is pretty leftist.
>>
I'm a college freshman and during this past fall semester I went to an LGBTQ counseling session at my college in the middle of the south. The only reason I was there was to see if I could find a bf the old-fashioned face-to-face way. That didn't happen bc there were only one or two other people there and one was a really chill lesbian chick and the other one was a guy who I wasn't into.

So I kind of started going to the counseling things because the counselor who held the group sessions for people who could only come later in the week was really interesting because he talked about the old days. I mean he was an old guy who knew a lot about gay folks and his/their perspectives from when it was like underground decades ago and how gay people lived in the south. Honestly he was a pretty cool old dude because it was fun to hear him talk about how stuff used to be which I really enjoyed.

Then my work schedule changed and I had to go to the group held earlier in the week. I thought it would be like listening to the old guy but the early group was led by this thirty-something woman who was all about getting people to organize from the counseling session into a student organization/club. So I'm ashamed to say that I wrote up the papers that we needed, helped present to the student body, got it approved with a budget to boot, and now its as if Tumblr incarnated itself IRL. I quit going after I realized I'd had a hand in giving birth to some bullshit of sjw mess and after I'd realized that the reason the counseling group attendance was so low was because other people caught on well before I did that it was exactly what everyone here is describing it as, some tumblr sjw triggering hellspawn.

So yeah, I steer clear of that small crowd.
>>
>>5800635
That first paragraph sounds just like my experience right down to the fat guy with the lisp lol.
>>
>>5800635
pfft. you people

were i come from, no university has such a thing as gaybar. why would they? this has nothing to do with education
>>
I am a dental student and I proposed an effort to improve oral health within the LGBT community. I was given a grant of $30k from the ADA which my school matched. I visited 11 schools LGBT clubs, all of them were exactly the same. Mostly LUGs, server trans trenders, a few pathetic trans girls, and a couple of the queeniest guys you will ever meet. Not one of them gave a shit about learning about oral health, which is fine. But some of them were actually offended that I was offering them free dental work but expected them to drive to my school to get it done.

Some of the highlights of the people I worked with.

>trans girl who broke down in my chair because the receptionist called her by her legal name

>bleeding heart...I mean gums, feminist who told me I was mansplaining because I was trying to tell her the proper way to use a toothbrush.

>lesbian who complained I was fat-shaming her when she couldn't fit in my chair and the xl chairs were occupied. She was getting $3k of work for free but she still had to complain.

>black fag who had oral thrush but refused to get an HIV test.
>>
>>5800701
You need to check your privilege tbqh
>>
>>5800701
what a shitty petty thing to throw 30k $ into

other then that, you seem like a reasonable person and the black guy probably knew he had hiv just didn't want to get outed
>>
>>5800703
What is that even supposed to mean. They should somehow get a pass to be horrible people because they are somehow less privileged than me?

Its funny, I would call these people up to make sure they didn't miss their appointments (though they still did a lot). I would walk them through everything and hold their hand. I would do thousands of dollars of free work on them and still some of them didn't even thank me.

But the ones I worked on who were over thirty, sent me thank you cards, brought in home made cookies, or a bunch of flowers from their garden. Those younger lgbt people need to check their entitlement.
>>
>>5800720
Well it was $60k, the ADA gave me $30k and the school matched it (but in actuality they just didn't charge for the work) But how is it petty? These people are under-served and they need the work. Many of them haven't seen a dentist since they got off their parents plan. I worked on some older LGBT people who haven't seen dentists in years for one reason or another. The LGBT community has horrible oral health, which tends to happen when you are poor and not happy with who you are.
>>
>>5800735
anyone can go to the dentist, sexual orientation doesn't prevent them from doing so

you western/american people truly have too much money if you can waste it like that, is what i meant

that being said, I haven't seen a dentist in many years either and im as legbutt as it goes...but then how many people go to dentist regularly?

not many. not most.
most people only do once their teeth starts hurting
>>
>>5800724
You don't know their struggle!
I'm just winding ya up m8
>>
>>5800740
well in America about 61% of the total population went to the dentist in the last year. This higher in some groups, (whites, Asians, and women) and lower in others (Blacks, latinos and men) The LGBT sits at about 34% which is half of the national average, which is why I made the outreach program.

As for going to the dentist once the tooth starts hurting, that is a horrible idea. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Similarly it is cheaper to go to the dentist regularly and get cleanings and small cavities filled than it is to only go when you need a root canal or when the tooth is no larger vital.
>>
>>5798825
Never been. I would kinda like to, but I don't feel like I'm legbutt-enough if I'm honest. I'm that sort of Bi who just kinda cis-chameleons unless people know me well enough.

>FYI Keele Uni here
>>
File: nice coffee though.png (226 KB, 599x534) Image search: [Google]
nice coffee though.png
226 KB, 599x534
>>5801310
>keele
oh shit
>>
>>5801332
Keele's no that bad in terms of education.

>You Keele-fag also? Or staffs. I'm guessing Staffs.
>>
>>5801339
i meant 'oh shit' because i didnt expect to see another keelite here
you enjoying it?
>>
>>5801343
Oh fair. Yeah, Keele's pretty fuckin good thus far. I'm History/Psychology Undergrad here so the courses are mint.

>How about you?

(I've never run into anyone form Keele online before.)
>>
Like 30 people, half of them are cis-het white girls looking for a GBF to live out yaoi fantasies vicariously through. Like 3 desperate ugly dudes, the 1 good looking guy who is too flaming to exist, the 3 lesbians and ftm who are actually chill, and the rest are lesbians/mtfs/genderspecials who have 0 chill and make it even more unbearable to go to.
>>
File: what-are-bronies-3.jpg (16 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
what-are-bronies-3.jpg
16 KB, 500x336
I did at a different university. It had:
- A person who identified as '24/7 drag queen'
- A random selection of tumblrinas
- Lesbians due to choice/feminism
- Several FTMs who were basically girls with beards poorly drawn on and plaid shirts
- And fat gay guys

Also everyone was obsessed with My Little Pony, to the point of wearing tails and hats in some cases.

It was super clique-y and everyone appeared to be in a relationship with someone. Tbh it felt so isolated and unwelcoming that it probably shouldn't even have been sponsored by the uni.

Pic related: what the LGBT campus room was filled with
>>
>>5801347
physics here
in terms of the LGBT society, it tries to be political but there are several cliques who just hang out and talk casually, its pretty relaxed the few times ive been there
>>
>>5801385
I've thought of going a few times but I am so fucking awkward (hence the 4chan). I've had afew dealings with them recently due to attempting to recruit participants for my Psych dissertation but they didn't seem into it (so I currently am close to outright failing).

Never spoken to any Physicists from Keele before! How's the course so far?
>>
>>5801404
its a good course, we have an observatory and everything, although things really pile up in second semester with electives, hopefully you wont fail the dissertation though? maybe tell your professor

at lgbt soc, being awkward would probably help you fit in to an extent, youd have the 'new guy' advantage
>>
>>5801441
That's cool, I've been on walks about that way (lived in Z sheds last year) aand it seems pretty awesome. Ad yeah, if you're single honours then Keele's a bit of a tough place with the electives.

And I have done, just trying to target sports teams now. Basically just need people who play sports to come talk to me about either being gay or about gay people in sport in general.

Also, you think so? Hmm, I may have to go along (if) I get onto the masters course.
>>
The closest thing UMDCP has, as far as I know, is the ""fra-rority"" ΘΠΣ.

I hang out at the designated smoking area in front of the library, and that spot seems to draw people from ΘΠΣ out of the woodwork. Every single one of them has a "unique" hair style, and wears strange clothing.

Stuff I've heard come out of their mouths:
>Unironic, spirited discussion about white privilege
>"I have PTSD... my trigger is when white guys condescend with me"
>"I'm gender non-conforming"
>"gender confirmation surgery"
>passing out vegan literature
>Bernie shirts/stickers

Not my kind of people.
>>
>>5798825
>university
>LGBT clubs

Check your first world privilege faglord.
>>
OP here.

There's a couple of trans guys in my campus club who seem chill, but we keep spilling spaghetti all over each other. A couple of lesbians who seem chill too, but more that are pretty tumblr. A couple of well-groomed gay guys. More scruffy dudes with stubble and dyed hair who were wven more awkward than the FTMs. We drew on the board some during one of the meetings, lots of /co/ related stuff. One guy asked me to draw his wolf angel fursona.

There's a disclaimer about welcoming all perspectives that we start every meeting with, but the climate makes me think I can't actually work out any issues there, because I'd be labeled problematique(tm).
>>
>>5801473
doesn't GNC real, though? it's mentioned in medical literature
>>
>>5801516
I should have mentioned that the person who said this looked like a girl, dressed like a girl, wore makeup, had a masc bf, and had a vagina.
>>
>>5800302
Do you go to my college >>5798858

What state are you in? I'm under the impression that there are normal trans people at this school at least who are smart enough to stay away from all the trans group ones but I don't know where to find them.
>>
>>5798825
Nope, I'm not even sure we have one, and I'm not planning on coming out on such a grand scale.
>>
>>5798825
For once I'd like to give some positive imput into this matter. Forgive my english if I make any mistakes.

I live in Italy and as far as LGBT rights go, here we basically do not exist outside of the inclusion in the anti-discrimination law (can't be fired because of sexuality, etc.). We do not have marriage and just might get a surrogate, something akin to a civil partnership that was dumbed down purposefully by the senate to make it different from marriage. Adoptions are not an option, of course.

My point is that here we don't have time to argue between us or discuss useless shit. The so called "SJW nonsense" doesn't really get to shine because we, as the university's LGBT group, have our hands full just by informing people of what homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality and transgenderism are. We focus mainly on organizing special lessons inviting notorious figures in the world of science and history to speak about LGBT matters. The last year, for example, we organized a lesson about the homosexual figures and the role of homosexuality in ancient Rome.

Some of us aren't really that competent, like me, and just joined to partecipate in the various activities. We often put up stands and distribute phamplets and fliers to people passing by to inform them about recent events that will be held or just to make ourselves knows to the gay folks in the uni.

There are mostly gay males in the club, with a few lesbians and no transexuals. We have a very feminine guy this year that showed up in high heels during a party night but that's about it.

I also met my current boyfriend here, so I'm grateful to myself for deciding to take part in something gay-related for once in my life.
>>
>>5806980
international experience?

okay so here goes mine(Poland)

We have queer "research circle"(as clubs are called here) which, as far as I am aware, is currently led by flaming crossdresser who calls himself "Jej Perfekcyjnosc"-which, in Polish, means "her perfection". No kidding, that's how he calls himself. He's a flaming hon bordering on drag queen.
2 years ago, back when I was tuding there, the same club was led by HonMcHon who was a hon as far as hons go. "Her" name was "Lalka", which literally means doll in polish. Can you imagine? A hon with name "doll"? Such name doesn't even function in polish language normally...

so I sticked clear from these retards
they are involved in a lot of political shit-it's a capital, after all. They are invovled with several lgbt friendly politicians, organize pride parades, attack newspapers for saying transphobic things(even sex magazines, no joke) and do "research".
>>
>>5807197
oh, I forgot to mention I'm talking about queer club in University of Warsaw, our main university in the capital city.
>>
>>5798825
>have you gotten involved in your campus LGBT club?
no

>If not, why?
-I've convinced myself I am too old (28).
-It's a support group/actual safe space, and I don't think I need that kind of support for being gay.
-I live fairly far from the campus, so going to anything other than lectures would be difficult for me to schedule
-oh and general social anxiety.

>If so, how are the people there?
-Didn't get much of a chance to do anything more than small talk at the campus club rush. They seemed like normal outgoing people that just listened to bad dance music and had some rainbow paraphernalia.

>Is it full of SJW nonsense?
-I don't think so, but I do have a pretty high tolerance for SJW positions and attitudes.
>>
>>5798825
Went to a few meetings my first couple semesters. At first it was nice to be able to vent about things to people who might understand better than others, but the way it was run was pretty awful.

There was a talking token which was passed around, basically to be expected, but they also tried to do this thing they called "ouch, oops" where if someone says something offensive, wrong, triggering, what have you, the offended person says "Ouch", and then the person speaking says "Oops" and the offended person then explains why they were offended. Apparently this is a "Brave Spaces" thing, really doesn't sound like that at all to me.

Regulated speech like that really weirds me out. I stopped going, honestly didn't get much out of it anyway. Compared to some of the stories here it was pretty tame.

Other than that the only thing of note was that "queer headcanons" was put forward as a discussion topic on more than one occasion.

Also the vast majority of the group was trans of one kind or another, which I guess makes sense but it was still a bit odd.
>>
>>5801458
>>5801441
Your uni has the highest suicide rate. Why?
>>
>>5807752

That sounds like what would happen if an elementary school had a "queer space" run by a tumblrite who became a 4th grade teacher.
>>
There is a GSA at my university but I'm scared to go to it because it's my hometown and I'll see people I know.
>>
>>5808783
I think someone jokingly told me that on the first day I came here

Its very isolated I guess, most unis have a town, also despite the photos of that one old building they put on every prospectus, 99% of the campus is 60s era brutalism
>>
My school has a lot of different lgbt orgs. There's an overarching lgbt group with their own dedicated house/lounge/area that's open to anyone. They hold meetings and social events and what not. Then there's a QMS QWS, queer men's/women's society, which I think does gender nonconformity stuff, but I wouldn't know as I'm not part of them. And then a different org does women's rights/health stuff, also with its own building.
>>
>>5798825
Nope. I honestly don't see the point of a club based around being LGBT. Plus the university I go to is full of SJWs anyway, so it's not like the club is even necessary to begin with.
>>
>>5798825
No, because I'm not a faggot.
Fuck your gay clubs.
I don't need to further attach labels to myself and join some BS club just because I'm LGBT.
How can you expect to be treated normal and equally when you join all these special snowflake circle jerk clubs?
>>
>>5800764
huh, i would have never thought that was a legitimate issue, but it makes sense. especially for anxious trannies like me. good luck with your program anon
>>
>>5801473
like half of those are relatively normal things. i guess combining them all together is pretty cringey though
>>
>>5800334
>I got basically kicked out when someone complained about the lack of lgbt teachers and I asked why the teacher's sexuality should matter at all in the first place
yeah isn't that the point lmao
>>
>>5798825
No, I'm in the closet though. Never have been a militant kind of person, so I doubt I would join anyways.
>>
>>5798825
I've been meaning to look it up and scout it out to see how crazy it really is
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.