[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
genderfluid/non-binary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
What are lgbt's thoughts on people who identify as non-binary or genderfluid?
>>
>>5796201
we hate them

now go back to /pol/
>>
Its a tumblr meme
>>
I think most of them are just exploring how they relate and respond to gender roles and the various expectations that places on them. They'll usually come out the other side with a more clear understanding of what they want for/from themselves than they went in with. Those that don't, don't hurt me for their position.

The eccentric genders are a cute idea for poking fun at the gender binary and its clear division of traits that are normally all found in all people regardless of gender. Unfortunately, it's starting to look like no one gets that it's intended more for satire than self-identity, including the people getting in on it. Oh, well. Humour can do that.
>>
It's shit that they make up to feel special.

>I'm a straight, cisgendered, upper-middle class white girl who wants in on some of those oppression points!
>I know! I'll get a pixie cut and wear flannel shirts and call myself ~*GENDERFLUID NONBINARY*~
>>
Meme genders and meme sexualites are a way for cis straight white girls to appropriate queerness to feel special and oppressed.
>>
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Top-Irish-news-reporter-announces-he-is-gender-fluid.html
>>
I'm in that line between crossdressing and wanting to be actual transgender. Like I'd rather be a girl and dress like one, but I don't have a problem with being a guy. Usually I just dress like a girl with friends or in private (and ask them to refer to me as a girl) but then go through my life at school and around family as a guy. I HATE using the word genderfluid, specifically because it's a tumblr nonesense word, but I do because it's pretty much the best way to describe myself. I just think that crossdressing is too fetish based for what I'm going for since I plan on going through hrt at one point to look more feminine and I want to be a girl. But on the other hand, trangender seems too strong since I have no problem with staying a guy.
>>
>>5796201
I do think that SOME non binary genders exist(Like genderfluid)
but not demifluxgloss gender
>>
>>5801016
Sounds like you're a just a regular transvestite who wants to feel special.
>>
File: 974973249697.png (181 KB, 259x235) Image search: [Google]
974973249697.png
181 KB, 259x235
They are setting fire to the chances real sexual minority groups have at being accepted by society.
>>
They're special snowflakes who don't deserve as much attention as they get
>>
File: photo.jpg (83 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
83 KB, 900x900
Genderfluid specifically, when not used how tumblr uses it can be legitimate in a case someone is in a transitional period in identifying what they want to say they are/just are, but I don't see it as being a separate gender on its own. I do think non-binary is just a special snowflake term though.
When people on tumblr make up a billion fake adjectives to describe themselves and then ask for special treatment for it is in the case when I hate using words like genderfluid. In the case of using it, it shouldn't be something that defines you, but something to describe the way you feel; which is why I think it's bullshit on tumblr.

But hey, that's just a theory. A 4CHAN THEORY. And thanks for not reading.
>>
File: woman.jpg (1013 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
woman.jpg
1013 KB, 1920x1080
Let people stay their biological sex and identify with their psychological gender, whether they move about from M2F or F2M, and allow them to explore their identities without resorting to labels.
>>
Question:

How would you feel if this was presented to you, and you had no prior knowledge of it?
>>
>>5796201
I' fine with them, personally. Hell, I might be one of them, but until we get proof that such a thing does exist (not many here seem to believe it) I'm not making assumptions. Maybe I'm just cis and don't feel right in my body because of self-esteem issues, or maybe I'm just trans and in denial because I'm afraid of all the hardships it will bring into my life. We don't have gender clinics here, so I'll just wait it out, I guess.
>>
>>5805791
I would be interested and feel happy that there is an identity that fits me.
>>
>>5806667
I hope you figure it all out
>>
I think some are hot and some are not.

Why are 95% of them AFAB?
>>
>>5806857
I see a lot of people saying this thing about the 95% AFAB but is it actually true? I don't go on tumblr and I don't interact with many lgbt/queer people irl so I'm not sure but this sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>5806937
4-chan loves confirmation bias.
>>
As long as they are within reason, I think whatever. I don't really see them as trans though, unless they have an actual desire to transition/dysphoria. As long as they aren't hurting anyone or placing unnecessary burdens on others, I don't see any reason to be rude to them. If they want to be called "they/them/their" im totally cool with that. Other, coined pronouns, are considerably less tolerable.
>>
>>5806848
Thanks, anon, I hope so too. Right now I just live as a cis woman, binding my breasts at home when dysphoria gets too strong (it comes in waves, kind of, and I don't feel ready to go out like that in public).
>>
>>5805791
it was presented with us with no prior knowledge of it. tumblr invented this shit in the last few years. we still think it's bullshit, for the most part.
>>
>>5796201
They shouldn't have left tumblr.
>>
>>5807901
Well no I disagree with that, you most likely had the prior knowledge that it is popular on tumblr and this probably made you automatically biased against it.
>>
>>5796201
Children.
Not actual children, mind.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.