[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
grindr?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
so any of you ever use this? Been thinking about it
>>
>>5788989
Great place to catch hiv
>>
>>5788989
If you like unattractive and socially inept fuckbois and gross old men, then have fun.
>>
op here yeah creepy dudes on it wanting me to call them daddy and shit. and scared to hell I'll catch something.
>>
I've been there for 8 months now, and nothing has come from it. No messages, no replies. Maybe if you're in a really big city things are different.
>>
>>5789100
I've gotten a lot of messages. in Dublin myself so big ish?
>>
>>5789128
you have five times as many people as my nearest city, plus I'm ugly so.
>>
>>5789143
Ah makes sense. I'm okay looking but chubby ish.
>>
>>5788989
It helps you grow thick skin. You'll learn to shrug off creeps and take the initiative and just start conversations. Occasionally you'll meet sane, compatible, and fuckable people. Learn what kind of guys you'll like. Be safe and have fun!
>>
>>5788989
Do a social experiment. Put no picture on a blank grindr. Say "attractive, smooth white twink. Ask for pics". and you'll get 100 messages.

That sums up the gay "community"

(cue the "hurr I am white middle class and let me tell you how we are the real victims" people)
>>
>>5791063
twinks aren't really that much in demand anymore, except with teenagers and really old people, like 60-70 year olds.
>>
>>5791066
"Racism doesn't even exist any more"
>>
>>5789031
This

Hornet is marginally better but grindr is just pure degeneracy
>>
>>5791066
You sound like a chubby wanna be twink
>>
It is what you make it, I've used it both for hook ups and occasional dates to greater and lesser success but never to any extent that I felt unsafe or uncomfortable. Met my boyfriend on grindr and have since happily deleted the app though
>>
>>5791066
lol... this guy...
>>
on a sidenote then, since Grindr is gross. where would you suggest going?
>>
I've had some good outcomes with it. By that I of course mean it has gotten me laid and put me in touch with a few diamonds in the rough.

But the whole time I was using the app I felt some part of me in the back of my mind slowly degrade under the sort of entropy you experience using it. That entropy is all the gross men who you would never touch willingly in a million years message you a picture of their dirty nastiness with a message saying "I bet you have a thick musky cock"

Also, there are times when I would send a dude a picture of my body--I think I have a decent body and lots of guys are attracted to it-- and would get instantly blocked as if I was some kind of malformed wretch. Try not to let that get to your self-esteem.

So you have to ask: how laid do you want to get, how good looking are you, and how willing are you to tolerate being grossly propositioned by nasty men? If your response is "high" to all these criteria grindr might be worth the trouble.

I feel SO BAD for the 18 yos who find themselves on grindr. I at least was spared it until my early twenties
>>
well, speaking from experience, Grindr is not the best place if you're looking for something more intimate and less "quick". In my hometown, there are like... 10 people total on grinder. All of them retarded. That being said, when I grindr-ed in Copenhagen, I was overwhelmed by the interest people had in me. But it was mostly "wanna meet up" type of situations, where they would just want to fuck me and part ways, which for me is a nono. I, however, did meet 2-3 okay people in Copenhagen using grindr, but then again, none of those worked out either. I'd recommend Tinder for something more "stable" and "safe". Also, depending on where you live, it might not be safe to use. I've heard there is a lot of HIV positive people that grindr in Copenhagen. That was just something someone told me tho
>>
>>5788989
i got laid 2 hrs after installing grindr
>found another guy weeks later but he wanted abstiance... WTF u doin on grindr then?
>>
File: layers of irony.png (516 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
layers of irony.png
516 KB, 600x600
Should I get grindr if:
Im socially retarded (no friends or hope of meeting anyone organically)
Virgin
Ok body, probably ugly face

Ive done all the 'be yourself and talk to people' stuff and it hasnt worked at all
Would it be antidotal for my issues or would it just be throwing more of them at me?
>>
I have never used any "dating" apps
How does tinder compare to grindr? It's less creepy?

I'm going on erasmus after the summer and since I'm going to a big city where no ones knows me, I tough about using some of this apps
>>
>>5796075
>no
>no
and
>no
Don't you have any interestes that others share? Finding like minded people is your best bet.
>>
>>5796123
>I'm going on erasmus after the summer and since I'm going to a big city where no ones knows me
Where?
>>
>>5796145
Thats not really the problem, I just cant hold a conversation, im as close to autistic as you can get without a diagnosis, the most boring person ever

Joined a few societies but I always end up on the fringe because I cant make friendships
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.