[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Understanding Trans Culture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_0614.jpg (72 KB, 490x700) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0614.jpg
72 KB, 490x700
Hey everybody, first time on /LGBT

Recently a long time friend of mine has announced that he is actually a woman. Born a man, i've known him for 14 years now, both of us being 25. Met on a soccer team when we were 11, we were neighbors so we chilled tons.

I try to be accepting to all the crazy crap out there, so my initial reaction was just "you go girl". Since then tho, I've thought about the concept of transgenderism more and my thoughts are actually quite negative :( I was hoping i could have a chat with somebody who has gone through this change, maybe pick their brains a bit? I want to be a supportive friend bu i'm not sure if i know how just yet.

I've got a lot of questions, ones i've already put to my buddy, but i wanted to hear some more views.

Thanks everyone. Come one come all. Educate my ass please.
>>
>>5773065
>Understanding Trans Culture
pls make sure she doesn't get involved with "trans culture", its pretty much all cancer
>>
>>5773070
I'm really new to it all m8, sadly.
>>
Ya what culture? Fuck that. For me being trans is a medical condition and pretty much nothing more.
>>
>>5773080
Well that kind of betrays my ignorance about it, really. Don't even know if it is a culture or what's up, just want to talk to somebody who has done the whole change.
>>
>>5773076
well, just basically avoid all trans communities and trans people in media, literally all the worst

but uh what do you want to know i guess because im bored and for some reason don't see the blatant troll
>>
>>5773094
Well, i've got a bunch of questions, first off, WHY do people switch genders? How do they realise they are a different gender? What's the whole discovery process? I live on a gulf island off eastern canada and there isn't anybody around i can bother, and i think i just need to hear the whole thing from a couple different people
>>
>>5773102
>WHY do people switch genders?
A neurological disorder originating probably in hormone balance in the womb, not too caught up on recent research about it doe. Causes us to feel pretty not ok about everything, because medical science does not currently have good enough brain surgery options transition is the second best option

>How do they realise they are a different gender? What's the whole discovery process?
Different people realize different ways, there's that classic meme story of "oh i always liked to play with little barbies or whatever", most people aren't like that but most people find little signs in the past that are very amusing in retrospect. But yeah some people know forever and try to chop their balls off at 10 and some people realize it when they learn that this kidna stuff exists, its different for everyone and there's no real "how do people do this"
>>
>>5773102

The medical condition is called dysphoria. It is the non alignment of ones perception of who they are with the body they were born.

This non alignment is manafested in various ways. Some hate their body, some just have depression and anxiety, but can't quite figure out why.

The discovery is individual. Some always know how to verbalize and figure it out early. Others repress. Breaking through the repressed feeling is different for everyone. The process of self discovery and honesty with yourself about who you are is the same process for all internal truths.

I always knew, but wasn't allowed to transition so I repressed. Later in life I started. I do feel better about the condition of dysphoria, but transition itself is hard to do, and can be very lonely.

Be nice to your friend. She will need people who care about her around.

I would second that trans culture isn't that great, but if you have no one else in your life to trust or vent to then you are stuck with what you can find.
>>
>>5773157
that was nice to read. thanks for putting yourself out there.

I have a couple of other questions, could i use you as my source of knowledge here? You said you HAVE transitioned, could i ask from what to what?
>>
>>5773177
Thank you.

I am in the early staged of transition honestly. No surgery yet, but I have gone full time as female.
>>
>>5773177
Also sure I will answer any questions you have.
>>
Not all trans people want to get SRS, transition is far more than genitals. Please understand OP, you get the idea of "total change" out of your mind because it means "oh you got a vagina/penis now which means your girl/boy now" Like all that defines us is our junk.

But that's wrong OWG, many transkin keep there respective parts because reach a level of comfortably with themselves and their lives due to transition.
>>
>>5773212

what part of your new gender did you seem more appealing than the one you had form birth? What couldnt you do as your old gender?

Im sorry if i come off offesnive this really is only my second time talking about this stuff
>>
>>5773230
I will use my Trip ID from now on so you can easily spot if it is my talking.

I didn't take your question as inherently offensive so no worries.

That is sort of a loaded question though and can't be easily answered.

It has meant different things to me at different points in time.

When I was young say 4 the thing I hated was the abuse. I didn't know I was trans or identified as a girl. I was just me. I only felt like me. I was told I acted like a girl and to stop. That rejection hurt me.

As puberty approached I was hurt because of the segregation of the genders. All my friends were girls. I was told I couldn't keep my friends. I wasn't allowed to participate in things with them anymore. I had to join male sports and clubs. I couldn't do sleep overs. Parents, both mine and theirs, didn't let me be around so much.

That really really really sucked. Worst part mostly.

As an adult I still had pretty much all female friends, but since transition I have been able to better recaptured what I lost socially. That has been the biggest benefit.

Second would be looking cute and getting flirted with. Who doesn't like to feel attractive?
>>
>>5773102

For my friend Elizabeth (formerly Eli), she said she decided she was a woman when she hit puberty and found men attractive. She knew she wasn't gay because she liked things like sports as well and typically gay men like things like hair styles and fashion, which she had no interest in. She said she was in denial for a few years and asked girls out through her time at school (before she transitioned) but they all responded that they would prefer to be friends. This was in the end the final evidence Elizabeth needed that she was a woman born in a man's body. This was a theory she had had since watching re-runs of a TV show called Quantum Leap, where a man gains control over other peoples bodies and tries to put right what went wrong in their past. She thought she may be a female version of this who had forgotten that she was a "Leaper" but would leap into the next person if she got "Eli" to have an operation for a full transition. It didn't work out quite that way, she reasons transitioning was only part of her mission, but she is happy in her own skin which is the main thing.
>>
>>5773281
I think i understand what confuses me most of all about this entire thing, which is, why don't people just live the lives they feel like living, and ignore the hate? i know its easier said then done, but everything you just described there, a guy could do as well. I'm just confused. I think it just splits men and women even further apart from one another. instead of saying "im a man and i love looking like a cute bombshell", you said "i love looking like a cute bombshell, because im actually a woman."

Just seems really, really sexist. to me. I;m sorry if im being closed minded about it all, or just being a prick. Just what im struggling with.
>>
>>5773295
great story, but i really get caught up on the use of the word "typically" in their. it just feels like your friend Eli just up and conformed to what she thought the world thought, and didnt stand up for herself. Again, fuck, im sorry if im being rude.
>>
>>5773065
>Educate my ass
please word that differently for your own safety senpai
>>
>>5773321

I transition because it helps the issue of dysphoria.

Part of the dysphoria is social.

A benefit of my personal transition is that I am ending up being cute, and get flirted with. That isn't why I did it. It is just a bit of frosting on the cake.

I tried just living my life, but it just didn't work. I couldn't repress anymore. When I sobered up, I knew I had to transition.
>>
>>5773321

Because men can't wear dresses,make up,be in female spaces,and generally be seen as women. There's nothing sexist about that, men and women are different period.

They're plenty of trans women that do very male things or even dress somewhat butch or masculine but still rather live as a woman because that's how they identify and want to live as and want others to see. I mean duh senpai
>>
>>5773321

I'm a different person and I'm FTM (born female, transitioned to male) but for me it had nothing AT ALL to do with social stuff or gender roles (which is what you're talking about here). I didn't transition because I wanted to wear men's clothes or play sports or whatever the fuck. I knew I could do those things as a girl, and I did. But I transitioned because my body felt wrong. Full stop. I felt completely detached from it, like it wasn't even mine. I didn't recognize myself when I looked in the mirror. My body made me depressed and ashamed, I wanted to hide away in a cave for the rest of my life, I didn't want anyone to see or touch me.

This is what people in this thread are calling "dysphoria." Most trans people transition because they experience gender dysphoria. Some trans people transition because they experience gender EUPHORIA, i.e. their current body/gender is okay but they feel way happier and better about themselves as the opposite gender.
>>
>>5773339
I believe the differneces between men and women are medical. Each have a hromone that stablaizes their endocrine system, and each present heart attacks in different ways. Beyond that, we are human biengs and nothing more.

For you, was it strictly this condition, Dysphoria, that made you think about transitioning, or did you think that your lifestyle and interests could only be acceptable from a woman? if so, doesnt that make you sexist?
>>
>>5773364
I think you're wrong. and a troll :)
but if you;re serious, i think you are wrong.
>>
>>5773376
so, for you, it wasn't about gender? just aesthetics? Men can go get surgically implanted female traits, so why identify yourself as a woman? or do you?
>>
>>5773391

I don't identify as a woman, I identify as a man. I'm female-to-male, not male-to-female. I was born a woman: I have a vagina. I transitioned to male by taking testosterone and having a mastectomy.

It was about gender, but for me gender is about my relationship to my body, not about gender roles. I feel more at home in a male body, and I feel happy when the people around me acknowledge my body and treat me like any other male.
>>
>>5773377
My primary motivator is dysphoria.

I obviously don't think my lifestyle was only acceptable as a woman as I had no problem fitting in with groups of women as male. I had close female friends who accepted me, and who had husbands that accepted I was around.

However, I felt wrong still.

I do think my interests do better fit now, and that perhaps is sexist, but we live in a sexist culture so that is kinda not avoidable at times.

All I can do is to be authentic to myself, and not play to a stereotype or caricature of what people view woman as. To try and be an asset to the gender rather than to be seen as a pariah. I think that I am doing that, but sometimes even cis women go a little over the top.
>>
>>5773401
Pardon me just mis-read your intial post. my mistake. So you're issue was with your physical body, and that you changed. Proud of you btw i love that part, be you :) but why identify yourself as a man now? if the issue was just physical?
>>
>>5773407
I think i understand your story. thank you. i mean that. i've learned a ton just form hearing about your journey.
>>
>>5773439
Thank you too. That was to super duper abbreviated version.

Be nice to your friend. It is going to suck so bad. She will need friends a lot.
>>
>>5773380
>>5773364

Hey I am not that other anon but I just wanted to add my perspective to this thread.

For me it wasn't about what I could/couldn't do as a male. (Although what Olivia said about female friends and sleepovers is too real...) Now that I've transitioned I dress largely in androgynous/male clothing and I am rather butch in that I am not outwardly sentimental or enthusiastic about everything. So why transition if I'm not even going to act "feminine?"

Every day that I lived as male after figuring out I was trans, I fell further into depression. My earliest memories as a human were actually suicide thoughts from wishing I had been born as a girl. Now that I have transitioned, I have more confidence and am not tormented by my existence. I don't know why... maybe that's sexist. But it worked for me and it was the best decision of my life so far.
>>
>>5773431
Thank you! I identify as a man because I feel at home in a male body, because I feel more comfortable presenting myself as a man, and because I want people to look at me and see a man and treat me like a man.

I mean, isn't that why you identify as a man? What other reasons would you think I need to have in order to identify as a man? And why would I identify as a woman if all of the above is true of me?
>>
>>5773380

I don't see how I'm wrong about:

>They're plenty of trans women that do very male things or even dress somewhat butch or masculine but still rather live as a woman because that's how they identify and want to live as and want others to see.

The whole men can't wear dresses,etc? Sure but those men will be laughed at and treated like pariahs/outsiders.
>>
>>5773472
I would never assume to know why anybody would or wouldn't want to identify as a gender, i am no expert.

What about biological males who identify as men,but have augmented sexual traits naturally found in biological females? Theyre men, but they look nothing like you. why would you not want somebody to address you as a woman?
>>
>>5773470
you're happy? right? seems to be the best reaosn to do something so far :)

im a little worried tho, cause doesn;t this mindset drive men and women farther apart?
>>
>>5773492
I believe people should be able to act or feel whatever way they like, without ever even thinking about genders or gender roles. i dont live in that world, do i?
>>
>>5773515

Speaking from personal experience (haven't posted in the thread before), transition was my last option other than suicide. I fell into depression after experiencing a pretty rough life of rejection because I didn't act the way guys are supposed to.

I lost all my female friends in elementary school, and basically attached onto a single male friend which I'd have to make a new one every couple years and used them as camo pretty much to hide. I actually never thought about what I was doing though, it's just what I did to survive at the time.

As I got older and realized why I felt so depressed all the time and why I kept trying to escape from everything, I thought 'hey, this is just a fetish or something. It's totally malleable and I can change the way my brain thinks. All I have to do is just put in effort to change it.' So I tried to work on every other aspect of my life, decent degree in university, decent job, okay social life, everything was great. Then I didn't even want to get up and just wanted to die.

No matter what I did I couldn't run away from who I was and it was either commit suicide or transition to try and actually be able to live my life and be at least content with it. I feel like I may have waited too long because I've lost a part of my life that I wish I could have experienced as a girl but I'm at least okay with living now.
>>
>>5773503
>What about biological males who identify as men,but have augmented sexual traits naturally found in biological females?

I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you're talking about or what your point is here.

> why would you not want somebody to address you as a woman?

Why WOULD I though? What possible reasoning could I have for wanting to be addressed as a woman? I look like a man. I have a beard and big hairy arms and a flat chest. Except for my genitals, I have a male body. It makes me happy when people treat me like a man because it means that they're seeing my body and appearance and acknowledging that it is male. Every human being has a need for a social "mirror": that is, for other people to reflect their identities back at them as a means of acknowledgement and acceptance. This concept applies to gender as well.

I think that perhaps you misunderstood a little bit when I explained dysphoria. Dysphoria is not about aesthetics. It's about a deep, fundamental mismatch between your body's actual configuration and the way your brain is expecting your body to be configured. I didn't just want to look like a man because I think it's cool or because it looks better.

I feel better in a male body, and the social experience of being male suits me. I had absolutely zero connection to femalehood: my female body repelled me, and I had no attachment to the female social experience. Why would I want to hold onto femaleness in any way?
>>
>>5773554
So you think that's how girls are supposed to act? and they way you were living wasn't ok from a guy?

There is an alarming amount of sexism coming from a culture who is desperate for acceptance!!
>>
>>5773515

well, it is really difficult to tell whether women and men are naturally different from each other or whether socialization plays the biggest role in this divide.

I think many transpeople would agree with you that the gender roles forced upon women and men are restricting and we should all work against them, but for whatever reason we are not willing to sacrifice a large amount of our personal happiness for an ideology .

To put things in further perspective: I also presented myself to the world as a relatively flamboyant gay man for a certain amount of time. Even when I was working under the same assumption that you have, which is that the best way to be at peace with yourself is to transcend society's expectations of gender, I still did not feel comfortable with the way others saw me or how I felt about myself.

After transitioning, I still feel societal pressures of gender, but now they actually play less of a role in my self image. And yes, that makes me very happy :))
>>
>>5773577
I really don;t know. i'm speaking form ignorance, trying to be enlightened. Just sounds like you think males are a better sex? I see plastic surgery no different than wearing a different color shirt as yesterday, you're changing how you look but you are still you.

But to change your very identity to a different sex, i just think this reinforces the idea that there is a difference at all between a man and woman. That we aren't just people with a randomly placed genetic sequence that we can't control, and won't get in our way.
>>
>>5773582
That's just how kids are. If you act a certain way, they call you faggot, physically attack you, take your things for fun, do weird mental games with you where they pretend to be your friend just as a joke. I didn't act like a 'girl', I acted like a 'scared girl who doesn't want to get attacked.' I ended up lashing out violently at times because I felt like people could literally walk up and abuse me and no one would do anything about it. Even in guy mode I was sexually harassed.

This is Canada by the way, so people are assholes everywhere. I don't try to understand why they did it, I just did what I did to get through it.

I don't think you quite realize the point I was making.
>>
>>5773598
good :) power to you.

Never stop being you, nobody can tell you you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>5773609
>Just sounds like you think males are a better sex?

What? No. What did I say that lead you to believe that? I transitioned to male because I felt like being male was more correct FOR ME. I, personally, felt more right and more comfortable in a male body.

>But to change your very identity to a different sex, i just think this reinforces the idea that there is a difference at all between a man and woman.

There are many obvious and objective differences, though. Sexual dimorphism is a very real thing bro.
>>
>>5773610
I think i'm on point with what you were saying. I getcha
>>
>>5773636
I think i understand now.
>>
Look, imagine you woke up in the body of the opposite sex, okay. You have breasts, a vagina, you look and sound like a woman, and everyone will treat you that way.

You're forced to live your entire life like this now, and it's as if no-one remembers/knows that you were/should be a guy.

That's kind of what dysphoria is. You have the wrong body, and it slowly eats away at your sanity and happiness.

Transgender people exist precisely because men and women are different. That is, biological females and males have entirely different bodies, especially through puberty. There's evidence our brains have a 'map' of our sexed body, and that transgender people have the 'map' of the opposite sex.

Just, ignore the social stuff, okay. Sure we're jealous of women/men because they get to do things we can't, but that's more a symptom of longing than it is the root of the problem -- dysphoria.
>>
>>5773470
> what Olivia said about female friends and sleepovers is too real...)

(((hugs))). The build up to and onset of puberty is easily one of the worst times of my whole life. I didn't understand what the physical part was going to be like, but I got the hint I was going to be all alone in whatever was going to happen.

I am so surprised I didn't kill myself. When it hit it was absolutely terrible, and like I thought. Yeah I was all alone.

>>5773522
No you don't. Maybe one day, but not anytime soon.

>>5773582
There is no culture. We explain ourselves to the best of our individual ability to do so. Navigating our own identity as juxtaposed to what society expects is a great source of stress, humiliation, and pain for so many trans people, who don't even have a firm grasp on who or what they are.

>>5773598
I like that answer.
>>
>>5773609

> i just think this reinforces the idea that there is a difference at all between a man and woman

At least in western society, gender roles are very much segregated and different. This can partially be the cause, however it should be quite apparent to you that gender and sex have some interaction, your biological sex and your gender are not completely mutually exclusive as people would like you to believe. There is an example of a particular species of lizards which have different 'gender roles' in the sense that some are alpha male, some are beta male, and some are this weird pseudo-female. They all act a specific way, and somewhat typical to what you think alpha beta etc would act, the pseudo female just hides in an alpha male harem and secretly tries to mate with females though. However, ALL of the lizards have particular markings/physical attributes which make it easy to identify which kind of gender role that lizard follows. This means their behaviour is linked to their physical appearance, and at the very least, lizard gender roles are tied to biology.

Now, with this in mind, how likely do you think it is that a biological process fucks up when using testosterone to determine how an embryo develops? Do you think it's a perfect process? I think the odds of how likely that process fucks up is somewhere around 1 in 100,000. I think it also explains why FtM people are much more rare. It's a lot rarer for an embryo to be accidentally 'masculinized' than to be 'feminized' since the male is essentially just a mutation of the female in the womb. Thus more mistakes occur in the mutation, and you have a larger chance for MtFs to show up.

At least speaking with a mediocre knowledge of biological science this is likely to be the case. I still think anyone who denies biology has anything to do with behaviour is ignoring quite obvious examples in biology.
>>
>>5773609

Different poster here. Say everything else in the world was exactly the same, you have the same body, except tomorrow, you wake up and people start calling you "Kate" and using female pronouns. Even if you correct them, they always go back to using it. Your family, friends, co-workers, everybody, that's what they know you as now, they're all cool with it but that's the way it is. New people who meet you are like "what the fuck, why is this dude named Kate? Is there something I should know?" Regardless of if you explain the situation or defend yourself, suddenly what could have been a nice interaction is forced and awkward.

It's a completely ridiculous situation, and you are expecting us to do it for the sake of some unrealistic political idealism where men and women are viewed as and treated equally. It has never once been that way in the history of the world, and it probably never will be. We aren't trying to pariah ourselves for the sake of a statement, we're just trying to be like everyone else.
>>
File: Hobbitch.webm (3 MB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
Hobbitch.webm
3 MB, 638x360
TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED, THANK YOU.
I have grown up in a place where education on this stuff really leaves you wanting, I really am walking away form this experience with more knowledge of the pain you must endure.

I am also walking away with a terrible fear only reinforced, which is,
The concept of transsexualism is fundamentally flawed, as it reinforces the segregation between men and women. The concept itself lives and dies on gender role, which is a politicians way to describe sexism.

I believe in a world where gender is nothing more than a letter recorded at birth, to be referenced strictly under medical direction. I do not believe that world could allow transsexualism, and although the rest of the young world sees you all as a marshaling of liberation, i believe it is at the cost of segregation, and as such, i cannot support it.

My son may wear a dress and get breasts if he likes, but he will always be my son. You can't re-write DNA, nor should your DNA mean anything.

Be you.
>>
>>5773690
>>5773609

(continued)
Also, you're equating changing your identity with changing -who you are-. An identity is a collection of MANY characteristics, name and pronouns being a couple of them. They are a quick and convenient summation of yourself to the world, where it says "hey, this is me, this is how i present myself as a whole and this is how i expect to be treated because of that."

When we are trying to say "hey, I'm a normal girl", and we look like a normal girl and act like a normal girl and sound like a normal girl and everything, introducing ourselves with "I'm john and I'm a dude" is NOT consistent with that message or our current identity. It's less "us" than an appropriate female name, even if it's the one that we started with. It doesn't mean that we're a different person, it means that we've made a dramatic correction in our lives and the rest of our identity updated with it.
>>
>>5773699

See
>>5773680

You are clearly ignoring the fact that behaviour and biology are linked which is an undeniable fact at this point of time. See studies on domesticated foxes, domesticated dog pups behaviour vs wolf pups who have no exposure to parents/socializing as their species, etc.

Many of us tried to run away and deny our nature as something else, and we couldn't Transsexualism exists because biological processes aren't perfect. Only a high understanding of biology would let you have an opinion on what biology or DNA means.
>>
>>5773699
...So they were a troll? Damn, not bad buddy. You put in far more effort than I thought you would...

>transsexualism
kek. careful, nobody else used that word in thsi thread. don't give away too much about your real knowledge on the issue.
>>
>>5773699

>I believe in a world where gender is nothing more than a letter recorded at birth, to be referenced strictly under medical direction. I do not believe that world could allow transsexualism, and although the rest of the young world sees you all as a marshaling of liberation, i believe it is at the cost of segregation, and as such, i cannot support it.

That's not the fucking world you live in. It will not be the world you live in in ANY of our lifetimes. You cannot say "I believe the sky is red" and then get pissed when people live as if the sky is blue.
>>
>>5773699
Why don't you think less about the principles and more about what works?

We know that HRT and sex-reassignment surgery effectively treats people who have gender identity disorder.
We also know that any and all other treatments are about as effective as gay conversion camps.

Obviously some trans people will look back at their childhoods and say "It was obvious, I loved dolls and playing house" and so on but the point is that medically treating this with the methods we have now works.
>>
>>5773699
aww how sad. I really thought you were here to help a friend, but it seems you were a truly skilled troll.

Well baited I guess.

Thanks for ending on the note about DNA. At least you didn't drag out the fire truck analogy.
>>
what a jackass.
>>
of course this thread was a troll. why it wasn't ignored or the OP told to kill themselves or transition already. step up, /lgbt/, bad show
>>
Holy shit this thread made me sad. blah.

No one listens. Trolls against us are everywhere. It is just so hopeless feeling.
>>
File: wario.gif (45 KB, 560x582) Image search: [Google]
wario.gif
45 KB, 560x582
>Delusional crossdressers BTFO

priceless thread OP
>>
>>5773759
It seemed sincere. I don't know how I fell for it.
>>
File: MRj3zVt.png (194 KB, 480x762) Image search: [Google]
MRj3zVt.png
194 KB, 480x762
>>5773767
Hopeless about what? That trolls exist?
You know they don't actually give a shit right? They literally just want t make you mad.

In fact they probably vote for more trans rights because it gives them more people to make fun of.

Ignore trolls look at funny pictures lel
>>
>>5773767
I wouldn't be shocked if troll-tan was actually a tranny themselves. I mean, this is a special-interest topic.
>>
>>5773797
Yeah I know your right. I am just sad cause life is shitty lately and trolls seem to be everywhere

>>5773805
I would be you are right. Who else would know how to ask all the right questions.
>>
File: CharlezeTheron.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CharlezeTheron.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>5773102
>WHY do people switch genders?

because trans people have a permanent emotional pain called dysphoria. There's currently no cure except to change sex (aka transition) and no one knows where it comes from. It's like having a foot with gangrene; every day it hurts and makes you sick, and if you don't amputate it can kill you. No one want's to be trans, but for most of us its do or die.

>How do they realise they are a different gender? What's the whole discovery process?

usually something will make them feel feminine (or masculine for FtM) really early on, and they'll realize it makes the pain go away. It happens really early, I can remember my birthday wish at 4y/o was to become a girl. The thing is most people are closeted really hard about it, or they think there isn't any thing they can do about it so they live in denial until they can't take it anymore.

>what part of your new gender did you seem more appealing than the one you had form birth?

lol probably having a vagina

>What couldnt you do as your old gender?

literally nothing. transitioning to female was a major downgrade

>why don't people just live the lives they feel like living, and ignore the hate?

It's not about personality or "gender" (which is like pink and blue and shit). It's about sexual Identity. The reason people transition is because they are transsexuals, not because they want to wear pink or blue; that's incidental and usually just to fit in.

>I believe the differneces between men and women are medical. Each have a hromone that stablaizes their endocrine system, and each present heart attacks in different ways. Beyond that, we are human beings and nothing more.

This is 100% accurate.

>For you, was it strictly this condition, Dysphoria, that made you think about transitioning, or did you think that your lifestyle and interests could only be acceptable from a woman?

the first one, and it was a last resort for survival.
>>
>>5773844

It's okay senpai.
>>
>>5773854
ok this made me laugh. im actually not a troll though. i really meant it all
>>
>>5773772
this also made me laugh
>>
>>5773759
this also
>>
File: tumblr_nwbf5tNu3U1rmin5no1_400.gif (2 MB, 395x313) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwbf5tNu3U1rmin5no1_400.gif
2 MB, 395x313
>>5773899
>im actually not a troll though. i really meant it all
>>
File: 1455632582380.png (23 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1455632582380.png
23 KB, 500x294
>>5773920
I mean it everybody. sincere the whole way.
I was at the same time engaged in a similar convo on reddit, and everybody was super sexist. didn't like it.

This was not bait
>>
>>5773930
Odd, I didn't think 65-year-old republicans browsed /lgbt/.

...So are you mentally retarded, or...?
>>
>>5773937
lol im canadian, we dont have republicans, we have harper.
>>
>>5773930
Impartial third party

Re read whole thread and not its proven

Trannies are sexist as fuck.
shame on you.
still my favourite porn
>>
File: 1452404627118.jpg (85 KB, 840x623) Image search: [Google]
1452404627118.jpg
85 KB, 840x623
>>5773699

oh, god damn it. I diddn't even read the whole thread >=( you got me OP 9/11 well played

>>5773899
>>5773930

yeah yeah rub it in.

seriously though OP, do you really believe :
>I believe in a world where gender is nothing more than a letter recorded at birth, to be referenced strictly under medical direction. I do not believe that world could allow transsexualism, and although the rest of the young world sees you all as a marshaling of liberation, i believe it is at the cost of segregation, and as such, i cannot support it.

because im not sure if you're a /pol/lack or a TERF
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.