[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gays sufering from depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 00000470.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
00000470.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Do you guys suffer from depression and how do you cope with it? I can barely get out from the bed and only thing keeping me from killing myself is the fear of nothingness that comes after dead.
>>
>>5751121
>how do you cope with it?
I don't. I just stay in bed and masturbate all day.
>>
File: 1455833079621.gif (993 KB, 500x711) Image search: [Google]
1455833079621.gif
993 KB, 500x711
>>5751121
Heroin and relaxing images
>>
>>5751121
>Do you guys suffer from depression and how do you cope with it?
Yes.

I escape into the online world as much as possible. Or other forms of entertainment. Books, games, movies (been in the mood for dramas lately), TV shows and YouTube.

If I stop and think too much I bum myself out even more. If I had a sturdy beam at home I would've hanged myself a while ago.
Need to find some place I can do it. Damn this shitty small country.
>>
i dont cope with it
my life is technically over, its just the end credits finished and im just floating through nothing without any future
>>
>>5751121

Jesus forgives suicide. He forgives all sins.
If you believe in him you will be fine.

Depression's main cause is a lack of belief in Jesus.
>>
>>5751210
I wish i could believe that but just don't have faith.
>>
>>5751121
Seek help if possible - your depression is not natural and it's not your fault

Try to talk or write it out, I know that exteriorsing bad thoughts is always a good thing. Escape in a imaginary world.
>>
>>5751121
Find your passion.

Passion is where your talent meets the needs of the world.

Practice gratitude. Force yourself to write down 5 things you are grateful for each day.

Practice affirmations, positive thinking, and optimism. Tell yourself that you love yourself and that things will be alright - even if you don't believe it. Force yourself to view the glass as half full. Focus on the good in everything rather than the negative.

These things take WORK - they don't just happen. You have to be an active participant in changing your outlook and attitudes. Seek help from friends, family, or any other positive influences you can find.

You have the power to change. Go for it.
>>
>>5751222

Ask Jesus to help you with your faith.

PRAY.
>>
>>5751284
>>5751210

I'm all for tolerance and that, but this kind of proselytism is weird and I don't think it helps at all
>>
>>5751293
stupidity leads to arrogance
people who believe in god are stupid
>>
>>5751121
My boyfriend was extremely depressed and suffered a lot with being gay when he first came out to himself. He used to self harm extensively and isolate himself but he is so much better thanks to the correct medication and counselling/therapy. Please seek medical assistance and make some supportive friends!
>>
>>5751308
Kek nice bait
>>
>>5751316
>make some supportive friends
thanks ill just do that
>>
It's so much more fun when it combines with anxiety. I've been having a ton of anxiety issues lately and it's destroyed my sleeping habits and has pushed me into depression again. It's really bad because of this time of year as well.

As for dealing with it? I'm trying to get out of my state as it is killing me inside staying here. Aside from that? Games and television shows to distract me and the occasional foray out for bowling. Anything to gain the attention of my brain stuck in overdrive helps but, is just that, a distraction. A job will help immensely just to be able to focus on that and not have to constantly freak out over money.
>>
>>5751293
>>5751308
>>5751308

Jesus is real.
He died for our sins.
If you believe in him every sin you ever committed or will commit will be blotted out in the book of life. Only good things you did for others will be in there. You will be able to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.Every thing spoken of in the bible is true.

Why do you believe in nonsense Anon?
Why do you want to go to somewhere other than heaven?
Why don't you want a new body in spirit to live for eternally with Jesus?
>>
Drugs and alcohol work pretty good. I have a pretty active social life thanks to them.
I've met all of my closest friends while going on benders lol
Plus every once in a while it just seems to reset my brain and I can go many weeks or months of being just fine. I often find it really helps to go on an intense psychedelic trip whenever I feel like things are getting out of hand. I have the most luck with very high doses of shrooms and dxm for long term depression relief, and I always make sure to do them alone so other people don't try and ruin the trip by turning it into just mindless fucking around while high.
I did lsd in an isolation tank and it was a great experience.
>>
File: group of bored looking starfish.png (244 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
group of bored looking starfish.png
244 KB, 500x375
>>5751434
haha lol epic #yolo #summer2k16
>>
>>5751277
Normie advice
Shows no understanding of what depression is like
0/10
>>
>>5751434
imo mescaline is the warmest, most forgiving
>>
I'm gonna kill myself at 30
>>
>>5751477
It's not really like that. I doubt I'm really harming my body and although I binge a bit everyone in my family drinks heavily and we have no history of liver issues. Even my family members that are intense alcoholics never had health problems. Plus white people literally evolved to drink and do drugs. We have bigger livers and more enzymes than other races.
So yeah I'd say it's a relatively valid way to treat illnesses.
>>
>>5751493
Or from someone who's been there.
>>
File: cannot be fucked.gif (1 MB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
cannot be fucked.gif
1 MB, 245x184
>>5751605
yeah that time when your gf left for 2 weeks and you felt sooo sad omg im gonna cray T__T so sad
>>
>>5751605
this >>5751622
>>
File: 1454277419395.jpg (705 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454277419395.jpg
705 KB, 1080x1080
how can you tell if you are depressed? the CAMHS people I was seeing for anxiety suggested I go on medication for depression but it was based on this kind of definition of depression:

>Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness
>Loss of interest in daily activities
>Sleep changes
>Loss of energy
>Self-loathing
>Reckless behavior
>Trouble focusing, making decisions, or remembering things

isn't that somewhat broad and weaselly definition of depression? I don't really feel sad and I don't feel like killing myself I just feel a crushing overpowering apathy plus everything listed in greentext above

in any case IV heroin seems to make things better. the instant warm contentment and no longer feeling apathetical or anxious are the key attractions. the lovely intense rush from shooting is just a bonus

I avoid using more than 2 days in a row and more than 4 days a week but eventually my nice little schedule will come crashing down in flames
>>
>>5751121
Have you tried skateboarding?
>>
>>5752423
What am i 17 year old?
>>
File: Snapchat--1440335343788011718-1.jpg (514 KB, 1080x875) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--1440335343788011718-1.jpg
514 KB, 1080x875
Get a pet.
I've got 4 rats and they pull me through a lot of it. Sitting and being able to pet them or even watching them bounce around or kiss my hands. It doesn't cure it, but it's nice being able to have some kind of contact with something that's not gonna judge you or however you want to look at it. I'm a big animal guy, though, so that's just what works for me.

Pic related, two of my small boyos
>>
I've been depressed for what feels like my entire life, and I'm only just now starting to deal with it. Going outside helps. I've started seeing a behavioral consultant, started going to some groups (all free), it's an excuse to not stay in my room at least. Also trying to get my health/hygiene sorted out, been going to see a dentist to fix my neglected teeth, taking some stuff to get rid of my acne, etc. I'm really bad about taking care of myself when I'm not forced too, but it's better than nothing

I'm also planning to go back to school, I need to get a schedule back in my life. This time I have a plan, I'm going to pursue a degree, I'm not just going to randomly pick courses in order to "discover" myself, terrible decision.

It might be nice to be with people close to my own age too, though I am fucking awful at socializing. I'm gonna have to force myself or something. Can't find a qt bf if I don't even socialize with my peers.
>>
>>5751622
>>5751633

Or the time when I was a raging drug addict and alcoholic with suicidal tendencies for 13 years - 3 rehabs and two psych ward trips later before I changed my life?

You know nothing about me, kiddo. My advice may sound trite and simple - you know why? Because it is. Deceptively so. Simple doe not equal easy.

There are only three proved effective methods for dealing with depression: Exercise, medication, and therapy. Many people need a combination of the three. In any event, the advice I was dispensing here >>5751277 is advice used in evidence-based cognitive behavioral theory. Did I mention I became an MSW therapist after I sobered up?

The reason it sounds lie "normie" advice is because it's advice that, when followed,(sometimes alone and sometimes with other interventions) it works. I have seen it work in my personal and professional life for years now.

Any further questions?
>>
Alcohol, the tried-and-true water-of-life

And sleep, sleep is of prime importance
>>
>>5754388
>Exercise
This is the only thing that truly worked for me. I squatted and deadlifted my ass off and I was feeling different kinds of pain. Took my mind off myself.
My confidence went through the roof and I gave less fucks about what I wasn't happy about.
I stopped going in Aug of last year for various reasons and I need to go again, DESPERATELY.
If I had a shotgun right now I'd stare at the barrel and pull the trigger.
>>
>>5751121
I don't know. I've been ill for years. Though, I am starting a MAOI soon, hoping for some luck there.
>>
>>5754426
Not very good advice.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.