[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is asexuality as much as a superpower as I think it is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: PropagandaPoster.png (478 KB, 2552x3302) Image search: [Google]
PropagandaPoster.png
478 KB, 2552x3302
Is asexuality as much as a superpower as I think it is?
>>
>>5745670
Maybe. I would think it would make you a lot more focused on your life but maybe I'm wrong. Do you get distracted by a good looking guy or girl sometimes?
>>
I'm yet to see any evidence that asexuality isn't just having no libido for a really long period.
>>
>>5745670
Is autism as much as a superpower as I think it is?
>>
>>5745670
I think asexuals can still fall in love, those aromantic people have the superpower, but aromantic sounds like bullshit
>>
>>5749086
I agree with this, and I am in a process of shifting it around. Although there isn't any pharmaceutical fix that will make you feel arousal again. So alternative routes have to be taken.
>>
>>5749159
But does it really need a fix? If you don't want something, you don't want it.

Asexuality is definitely a superpower because it means immunity to the number one source of stupid choices in human history all over the world. When you hear stories about how someone's life got ruined, more often than not it was motivated by sex. Could be an abusive relationship, getting caught cheating, an unwanted child, settling down too early or with the wrong person, getting ruined by a divorce, or just setting meaningful life goals aside in the name of meaningless family goals. Aces are above and beyond all of that.
>>
>>5749086
I'm asexual and I seem to have a fairly normal libido, it's just not directed towards sexual activity towards anyone.
>>
>>5749081
I'm not asexual
>>5749822
Then what is it directed towards?
>>
>>5749081
Hurr, asexuality is the same thing as aromanticism or aro ace.
>>
Does it count if I still feel sexual desire but im just so disgustingly ugly and socially retarded that I dont consider it a part of my life
>>
Asexuality seems potentially temporary, but it can not be changed easily and easily has the potential to be present for your entire life. I used to be asexual until I started taking estrogen. Even worse, I played an H-game and it made me start fantasizing about sex. Now I have calmed down, but I feel completely attracted to other people and I am sad to know that asexuality can not really be my identity anymore.
>>
>>5750060
>Then what is it directed towards?
For me it's usually towards nothing at all (erections just happen randomly) or directed at fetish stuff that has nothing to do with sexual intercourse.
>>
>>5750875
No, a lot of ace people are also aro, but they're not the same thing. There are those who are ace but not aro, or aro but not ace.
>>
>>5745670
If it were real, yeah. It's too bad that asexuals are just buttgurt virgins trying to make themselves feel better about never getting laid.
>>
File: le tricky hook maymay.png (46 KB, 363x364) Image search: [Google]
le tricky hook maymay.png
46 KB, 363x364
>>5751285
I've never WANTED to "get laid" even during puberty.
>>
>>5751312
That's what you think, I'm sure. Cognitive dissonance is quite a powerful thing. Your caps show the inner butthurt shining through, from someone hitting the mark and calling you out for what you are.
>>
>>5751318
I'm not them and I've never wanted to have sex either. It's not about losing interest in sex or losing libido, all it means is not wanting to have sex with any gender.
>>
>>5751318
Sure, it might be cognitive dissonance, but why? I mean I'm not making it up after the fact and saying "the signs were there all along", but even back then my only response to sex was disgust. I didn't even know asexuality was a thing until years later.
>>
What if I was interested in sex when I was 12-13 but lost interest and haven't been interested since? Can I still call myself asexual?
>>
>>5751348
Maybe, but you should try to rule out the possibility that you've just "given up" or that you've lost libido or sexual desire due to depression, etc.
>>
I'm asexual. I didn't make this, but it seems to describe my feelings pretty damn accurately; http://youtu.be/sUyQSv8jqPI
>>
>>5751348
>ure, it might be cognitive dissonance, but why? I mean I'm not making it up after the fact and saying "the signs were there all along", but even back then my only response to sex was disgust. I didn't even know asexuality was a thing until years later.
You sound similar to me. I 'liked' someone when I was 12, but my attraction to her waned. Eight years on and there has been nothing since.
>>
>>5750875
> being this left
> thinking this special snowflake shot is real.

Kill yourself and don't think twice faggot.
>>
Asexuality is not a real sexual orientation
>>
>>5752958
Why not? Do you say that based on a belief that asexuality doesn't exist, or somehow fails to meet the criteria of being an orientation?
>>
>>5749652
>meaningless family goals
Hey maybe people think starting a family is a meaningful life goal. And while some abusive relationships can be motivated by sex most often then not the person being abused is to afraid to leave and don't know its abusive till later on in the relationship.And most people don't know its the wrong person for them until later on in the relationship
>>
>>5750060
>Then what is it directed towards?

Different anon here, but your question pretty much sums up what most people have a hard time understanding! I'm a 30yr old asexual. Personally speaking, when I was around 15-19 I started getting horny but there was no focus to it. I couldn't find anyone or any thought that would function as a sexual fantasy. I eventually gave up trying to masturbate because there was just nothing I could think of that was "sexy" to me.... I would lie there and feel sensation, but with the mental disconnect I couldn't get into it. My libido later calmed down and by now it doesn't bother me overmuch. Asexuals can vary in their experience but it's generally characterized by a basic lack of sexual attraction.
>>
>>5751285
I'm married and get laid regularly, but I've still never felt lust for anyone, my spouse included. Sex feels nice and I'm happy to make him happy. It's an important aspect to a relationship with a sexual person. But I have to remind myself to make time for sex - I wouldn't go after it for myself.
>>
>>5752958
You're right in that it would be the absence of sexual attraction, not a "sexual orientation," like atheism is the absence of belief in god, but it's not a "religion."

I'm not sure what I am. When I was pretending to be a cis hetero female, I used to think of myself as being "asexual," but, since starting T, I'm now horny most of the time. I still don't want to have sex with people, though. I guess I'm bisexual and voluntarily celibate? I have absolutely no desire to be in an intimate relationship with someone ever again (one was enough), and actual sex repulses me. However, I get "crushes" on people regardless of gender. When I masturbate, though, which is now extremely fucking often thanks to T, I don't think about sex or anything sexual. It's like scratching an itch.
>>
>>5745670
Why are asexuals so embarrassing
>>
>>5753740
Actuality it would be a sexual orientation, but whether or not it is a sexuality is a different story. In the end it's all semantics.

I get these crushes too, though those aren't sexual attraction, it could be romantic attraction or perhaps squishes, or see imgur.com/pdIxHYc

I masturbate a lot too, never to something sexual (but sensual is possible).
>>
>>5750929
no, you are just ugly retard.
>>
The thing that bothers me slightly about asexuality (or at least, considering asexuality a "legit sexual orientation") is that it implies sex drive is a measurable thing which it isn't and also implies homosexuals,bisexuals and heterosexuals have a desire for sex, which was never a prerequisite for those categories.

The "sexual" doesn't refer to the person's behavior, it reffers to the person they're attracted to. For example if you're attracted to the "homosex" , then you're homosexual.
>>
>>5756373
Asexuality DOES refer to attraction, not behavior, although it refers specifically to SEXUAL attraction (thus the "sex" in asexuality, homosexuality, etc). It just means there is no gender one is sexually attracted to. It also has nothing to do with sex drive, it's all about what genders/sexes one is attracted to.
>>
No. It wastes your time because you end up telling everyone that you're asexual. It's like crossfit.
>>
>>5751370
>I got depressed, but then I found out asexuality existed and I was un-depressed!

God, if only things were that simple for me.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.