[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm beginning to recognize my trans problems as a mental
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: string_by_kr0npr1nz-d8lxicr.jpg (168 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
string_by_kr0npr1nz-d8lxicr.jpg
168 KB, 894x894
I'm beginning to recognize my trans problems as a mental illness

don't want to age like a man, I want breasts, hair I can grow out and style and actually look like a woman instead of a twink, or pretentious manbun. I want curves, and to be able to actually be proud of my legs and ass rather than embarrassed because that's not male aesthetic (cute booty with nice legs, not muscular).I just feel bored and unsatisfied living a male life. And I know gender binaries are social constructs, but I'd be kind open and OK with being trans (while being cautious of surroundings ofc). Maybe female with male genitalia is in support of social gender constructs then. Most people are attracted to secondary features like tits, ass, scent, hair, etc. A vagina can only get you so far, and ugly cis women know this too.

Am I wrong to transition for this? I'm OK with my dick and would still want PiV sex
>>
>>5733559
you're obviously not in the right mental state to do this if you're asking 4chan anonymous lgbt board to tell you how to live your life, you fucking idiot.
its your life, you decide to do whatever the fuck you want. all that agp bullshit retards spew out doesnt fucking matter. if you live happy a certain way then do it.
just set some time to make sure that it is 100% what you want to do.
and get off this shitty board, seriously.
>>
>>5733570
not op, but you seem like a good person.
>>
>>5733577
ankhs
>>
>>5733559
>Am I wrong to transition for this?
We must gather Great 4chan Council to decide.
>>
>>5733559
>don't want to age like a man
Why? Women age terribly.
>>
>>5733570
I'd like to live the life I want, but what if it really is a mental illness just as they say? To want to be given pronouns and believe you are biologically the opposite gender? Of course the cis people look at us like we're crazy.

So many people are coming out all at once as well, how can I possibly know if I really have such feelings if it's a trend right now?

--But I can't pick a side, some days I swear it's a mental illness, but other days I wonder if around early gay rights era, if they too thought the same about homosexuality.
>>
>>5733570
>>5733590
Not to mention, I've waited time and time again. This has been on my mind for the past few years lately, and it always turns out to be "whatever you want". But I never knew what I wanted in the first place. My solution is just Square 1
>>
>>5733590
it literally is a mental illness. thats fine, IT DOESNT MATTER. schizophrenia is a mental illness, autism is a mental illness, you dont cure it, you cope with it. people have tried to cure it. it doesnt work. this has been decided as the best course of action and thats why people do it. and like i said, take some time to make sure its really what you want. after about 6 months i was at 50%, and one day my friend asked me if I would be okay with living my life the way I am right now and thats where I decided that there's no way in hell and I was at a 100%
>>
>>5733596
Okay .. But I don't know if I'm legitimately one of those people or not. Don't you ever question the whole trans thing now that everyone and their mom seems to be transitioning?

I guess I'll keep thinking, but I've already been doing that. I'm just lost right now and not sure who I am, or who people see when they look at me.

I go out dressing frequently and pass, I've got my letter, I've got a gf who accepts it. Everything is in order, but I can't seem to take the risk that I've been weighing out for 4 years now.
>>
>>5733631
no, i dont question it, because i know i want to be cute asf, wear what i want to wear and get rid of all this disgusting hair
i cant tell you what you want, you have to decide for yourself, gl
>>
>>5733559
Femgen, femgen pls.
>>
>>5733559
>Don't want to age like a man
Typical enough story for a lot of trans girls. See a therapist.

>>5733589
>he thinks men actually take enough care of themselves on the whole to age well
Women age massively better than men even just from being less likely to let themselves go.
>>
>>5733631
>I go out dressing frequently and pass, I've got my letter, I've got a gf who accepts it. Everything is in order, but I can't seem to take the risk that I've been weighing out for 4 years now.

Fuck off you're just bragging now.
>>
File: 1438751986218.png (279 KB, 548x549) Image search: [Google]
1438751986218.png
279 KB, 548x549
>>5733559
Why not? You can pass right? Go for it. It's essentially what I'm doing and I've felt loads better since taking the pills. You clearly came here hoping for one of us to tell you to do it, I know because I did the same shit. If you want to appear a certain way, behave in a certain way and you can do so without harming others then there is 0 reason not to be that way. The sooner you start the better.

>>5733589
MtF trans age nicely though, provided of course you looked nice beforehand. It's the constant estrogen intake. Old hons are hons because they transitioned old, not because they transitioned then got old.
>>
>>5733631
jesus kill yourself
>>
>>5733559
No you're not wrong. Do whatever you want to feel better. Realize that no one is making you do anything you don't want to do. You're in control of your appearance and your body so just go for it if it's going to make you happier. Don't worry about labels or declaring yourself this or that. Labels just confuse and constrain. Take hormones if it'll make you more at peace with yourself. Your life is going to be terrible if you're worrying about what other people think all the time and letting them dictate the course of your actions.
>>
>>5733559
You can transition for any reason you want. Reshape yourself into your ideal form. Who has the right to call your motivations "wrong"?
>>
>>5736297
People who have free speech and support ethical systems that aren't subjective.
>>
>>5733559
>I'm beginning to recognize my trans problems as a mental illness

Good. Go see a psychiatrist and talk about your real problems instead pushing it all on you not being attractive enough.

Trannies are always fucking loony.
>>
File: tumblr_nzkn7iHMMe1tmwkmgo1_1280.jpg (221 KB, 1280x877) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzkn7iHMMe1tmwkmgo1_1280.jpg
221 KB, 1280x877
>>5734354
These are all good things that most would wish for, but I'm so afraid to leap because of my worries.

yes it was bragging, but there was a purpose instead of just taking a piss on you

>>5736272
I guess you're right, maybe at this point I'm just projecting and assuming. I just don't want to seem like I have screws loose to the general public, or even obscure my siblings minds.

How can I have more confidence in my decision to go through with it then? How can I feel right?

I know I may still think about now and then, but right now it changes by the hour. One moment I think if it's just a phase maybe it's best I just get it out at 19. Other days it's torment that I along with these other males are buying into this mental disorder that's become a trend.

I just need that extra push

>>5736326
>real problems
This is my only *real* problem.
If anything my other problems stem from this problem being too much on my mind.

Also, many psychiatrists especially in this PC era, are just enabling the "problem".

Case in point, I have my letter. Do I seem fit?
>>
>>5733559
gender is not a social contsruct get help if you recognize it as a mental illness
>>
>>5739281
I can't tell anymore. I don't need transitioning to validate myself for liking girl stuff, that's dumb, but I would like to be comfortable with my outer appearance. I just so happen want to grow some tits, and some *real* feminine features by just rebalancing my hormone levels. That's not too crazy right? At least if you were in my shoes.

If a kid can stretch his ear lobes to the size of coasters because fuck mommy&daddy. Then I should be able to transition because I feel it's who I am, or want to be.

But like me, there are guys you wouldn't expect that are transitioning today or going through trans problems. Look what it's done to Egoraptor, Axis of Awesome chubby guy. I just don't want to end up buying into a trendy mental illness. Things were much clear when other people weren't doing it, as cunt like as that sounds
>>
op i think a lot of people start to feel terrible about men especially if you're raised as a boy you've probably been abused by men but instead of dealing with that you flee to the female gender especially people on 4chan who don't love themselves
>>
>>5739631
I have fantastic friend and while my father can be hard on me (like most on sons), I have a great relationship with him where he only wants the best for me. No real bad encounters with the male gender, or at least that I accredited to them being male instead of just dumb.

As for loving myself, I could snap you a few photos of the many narcissistic and circle jerk shirts my family always buys me like "Sorry for being so awesome", "curls for girls", etc. fucking awful shirts they are but it's an inside joke about how confident in myself I show to be. I just wish they knew how little confidence I hate about *this*..

First it's not loving yourself enough and then it's loving yourself too much? Maybe my crazy environment opinion wise has shaped my confusion.
>>
>>5739661
sounds like you're pretty much convinced and are just looking for people to validate your decision, i would advise thinking it over thoroughly and pretty much reading whatever you can, even if it's something you've never considered before, and pretty much reevaluate your life. if you get pissed at me for telling you this there's no hope for you
>>
>>5739693
Yeah.. It sounds right to me, but I'm scared what others may think, a huge reason this came to an immediate stop after receiving my letter. I just want a little more confidence in my decision making, at least with this. I'm sure I've researched it enough but maybe going back to read again can help me weigh..

I just wish I could pick a side.

I'm not pissed at all, sorry if it comes across as so. I've started a diary about this stuff the past week and emotions are flowing, but not towards anyone.
>>
You seem like your body dysmorphia goes beyond gender. Where does this need to feel proud of your body come from? It seems like a wall people use to keep from connecting with others on a deeper spiritual and emotional level. Your confidence should come from your skills and abilities not how your body looks, while it's important, realize that it's secondary. You need to complete yourself inside before you know how to transform the outside. Maybe you're just a homophobic faggot.
>>
>>5739994
Secondary doesn't constitute ignoring it.
This is as emotional and spiritual (eugh) I've been in awhile. Really fucking trying to figure out who I am.

Confidence should definitely not be placed in vanity alone, that's common sense. Though drowning out something you *can* and *want* to change with hobbies sounds more like repression.
>>
>>5733570
You're the kind of person I tell my therapist about.... She doesn't really understand why I like people like you but god you're amazing.
>>
>>5733559
If it makes you feel any better I feel pretty much the exact same way and I'm getting my prescription next Monday... Just do what makes you happy and if it doesn't don't do it.
>>
File: 1444201720068.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444201720068.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>5733570
Pretty much this. Never EVER seek advice from 4chan. Especially /lgbt/.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.