[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WE DID IT TUMBLR: FINN POE SHIPPING CONFIRMED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: hdvuy0k65kwqmtlrkeea.jpg (54 KB, 782x960) Image search: [Google]
hdvuy0k65kwqmtlrkeea.jpg
54 KB, 782x960
ttp://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-02-15/john-boyega-hints-that-finn-and-poe-dameron-star-wars-romance-could-happen

>“As far as I’m concerned, when JJ [Abrams] sat us down to go through the script, it was a bromance,” he continued. “But now I’m learning what Mark Hamill said before when he didn’t know that Darth Vader was Luke’s father: you never know what they’re going to pull. I’m looking at the director Rian [Johnson] closely so he can get me involved early, so I can prepare myself. So who knows?”
>>
File: 4chan ruined forever faggot op.jpg (115 KB, 600x611) Image search: [Google]
4chan ruined forever faggot op.jpg
115 KB, 600x611
Please.
I would bet on other shitty tumblr ships like Destiel or Sterek to come true before this.

The Chinese could barely handle stomach Finn, what makes you think that they are going to be cool with gay racemixing black dude?
Disney cares more about profit about than pleasing SJWs.
>>
>>5730108
>I would bet on other shitty tumblr ships like Destiel or Sterek to come true before this.
>>
it's going to be a shitty tease and then he'll get with rey lets be real here
>>
>>5730124
>it's going to be a shitty tease and then he'll get with rey lets be real here

>He/she/it doesn't thinks Kylo/Rey is canon.

It's 2016, we need strong independent LGBTQI characters in star wars.
>>
>>5730128
kylo is going to have an inverted redemption arc and become more evil the more people give him chances obviously

it's all allegorical
>>
>>5730113
I wasn't as shocked as /co/mblr was when this bombshell dropped. Nick was killing it anyway, might as well go full retard.

Difference is between Avatar and SW, is that SW is a healthy and alive franchise, while Nick treated Avatar with some sort of ambivalence.
>>
>>5730128
rey is a lesbian
source: fulfills like all lesbian stereotypes but in space
>>
>>5730079
Poe can do so much better
>>
WHY ARE THERE SO FEW BISEXUALS IN MEDIA?

CHECK YOUR GAY PRIVILEGE!
>>
>>5730079
Why the Hell would I care about shipping? Ever?
>>
>>5730306
Your triggering me.
>>
>>5730240
Isn't she like a Mary Sue? Plus jedi don't do romance.
>>
>>5730423
rey isnt a jedi
>>
>>5730275
i'm really looking forward to finn fucking them both but i doubt we'll get that
>>
aw yee nigga

Better not be queerbaitin shit tho
>>
Deluded, screenshot and look back in a few years and cry.
>>
>>5730423
rey isn't a mary sue fuck off. anyway if anything theyre gonna do the luke skywalker thing and not give rey a romantic arc because its easier to identify with her that way
>>
>>5730441
Not yet...
>>
File: 1454318808369.jpg (70 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
1454318808369.jpg
70 KB, 618x564
>>5730079
>wanting to shoehorn gay characters into popular movie franchises
Why? Do you really think it's a good idea?
>>
>>5731749
>wanting to shoehorn straight characters into every single franchise on earth

besides its not even shoehorning there's literally no other same-age women in the films you ramburglar
>>
>>5731280
Wait is rey the main character? I still haven't watched it because I'm still mad about the whole nigger thing.
>>
>>5731977
good, people like you deserve to deprive themselves of fun
>>
File: that's real retarded sir.jpg (22 KB, 477x314) Image search: [Google]
that's real retarded sir.jpg
22 KB, 477x314
>>5731749
>every time there's a gay character in a mainstream piece of fiction it's shoehorned
>even when it's not actually shoehorned
>shoehorned straight romance is ok though
>>
>>5731749
This desu
>>
File: shut the fuck up.jpg (9 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
shut the fuck up.jpg
9 KB, 263x192
>>5733504
So just because it's gay it's automatically shoehorned? I want this retarded meme to stop.
>>
>>5733479
>>shoehorned straight romance is ok though
No it's not, it's annoying too.
And gay people can be good in movies too, but most of the times, specially in big movies like this, it feels like they were shoehorned to meet a diversity quota rather than because the creators wanted to
>>
>>5733523
>no foreshadowing, no anything, no hints in anyway because it was obviously not planned so their relationship is extremely hetero bro

>oh yeah they're gay and in love now

What bothers me is that they way this is used now is akin to the token black/hispanic guy, not even as a plot device(which is already lazy as fuck btw), but simply because it's seen as "progressive" and so people with an agenda that approves of it feel better about themselves and like the movie more(EVEN THOUGH IT'S FUCKING DUMB), like rounding up the actors of X movie to help a charity or something like that.
>>
>>5730079
Yeah for non-white gay interracial couples :-D

People will Bitch, "I'm not like those other guys, I'm /pol/" white white boys and "don't call me trans" beta White trans girls will cry but the world will go on.

Beyonce and Kendrick setting the tone for this year, you bitches better get ready!
>>
>>5733613
That's because with few exceptions there's literally zero artistic vision or integrity in big movies, it's all about following a premade recipe of what they think people like.

>>5733615
The whole movie was like that, and in most situations whenever there's a "foreshadowing" people just wave it off with "oh it's just friendship". Straight people are fucking retarded gay relationships are born of friendship with sexual attraction, there's nothing shoehorned about that.

>>5733652
Beyonce has zero talent as a singer, the only thing that bitch knows is riding popular movements for fame.
>>
>>5730474
his toys didn't sell well so hes getting a much smaller role from now on
>>
>>5733733
>The whole movie was like that,

Yeah, it was pretty terrible, people only like it that much because pretty special effects and OH IT'S STAR WARS
>>
At least it's not real race mixing.
>>
>>5733733
Except Yonce and Z have been supporting black community and enterprise for years
>>
>>5733815
That's because the black movement has been a shitshow for years.
>>
>>5730108
i'm all for finn and poe hooking up if it means finn keeps his dirty black seed away from rey.
it's not miscegenation if you don't procreate.

>>5730128
>He/she/it doesn't thinks Kylo/Rey is canon.
but they're cousins...

>>5730441
>rey isnt a jedi
bitch she might be.
srsly tho that's the whole point so like if she stays celebate because of that then brilliant.
>>
>>5733829
>but they're cousins...
Maybe they want the game of thrones audience.
>>
>>5733840
i dunno
i think it would be more interesting if rey just didn't need to be in a relationship.
it's a great opportunity for the producers to pander to the radfem calls for stronk independent womyn to pass the "bechdel test"
>>
>>5733822
Oh yeah, like nothing came out of the past 30 years of activism. If only everyone was like MLK even though he still ended up getting shot :3
>>
>>5733901
Communist had it coming.
>>
>>5731280
Rey is SUCH a mary sue, don't try to deny it
>Is a great mechanic (explainable since shes been messing with mechanical junk her whole life) but she also came up with an upgrade to the Millenium Falcon that fucking Han Solo never thought of
>Shes a pretty great pilot
>With no previous experience she beats a sith who was personally trained by Luke Skywalker himself in a force duel
>Then proceeds to do a mind trick on a soldier with no practice
>Then kicks aforementioned Sith's ass in lightsaber combat
>Has no real flaws
>Only real "flaw" (wanting to wait for her family to come get her again on Not!Tattoine) just makes her more sympathetic than anything
>Everyone on her side comes to instantly love her basically
>When they come back from the mission where Han died, Leia has a sad moment with her, who only knew Han like a week, but not with Chewie, Han's best friend

Shes a huge mary sue
>>
>>5730423
Obi Wan, Luke and Anakin did.
>>
>>5737475
Few points
1: Not Mary Sue, she doesn't fit most of the criteria, she's a special snowflake
2: Kylo Ren is a shitty and weak Sith, but yeah, no real excuse to be beaten by a completely untrained force-sensitive person, especially in Lightsaber combat
Otherwise yeah
>>
>>5737503
The term Mary Sue has change since it's inception. Why does nobody understand this? It's less about being a self insert and more about the other elements. Such as being hyper-competant beyond the realms of the setting or other characters. She just ticks every character archetype of the setting at once. There's no real important skill she's bad at. What's worse is that she outperforms other characters in their on 'niche' in every occasion.

You could argue that she isn't good at shooting, but that literally only lasts for one line when Han instructs her. She's a Mary Sue.

Oddly enough the Kylo thing was one I was OK with. The scene made it very obvious he was struggling from his injury. That being said her other untrained force fuckery was less good.
>>
>>5737475
>Is a great mechanic (explainable since shes been messing with mechanical junk her whole life) but she also came up with an upgrade to the Millenium Falcon that fucking Han Solo never thought of

She has a backstory and all she suggested was a fix for an addition that Han didn't know about.

>Shes a pretty great pilot

The implied flight mechanics of SW space craft are piss easy, plus she scraped the fuck out of the Falcon anyway.

>With no previous experience she beats a sith
>Then kicks aforementioned Sith's ass in lightsaber combat

She spent her entire life defending herself physically, they show this earlier in the movie you nerf herder. Plus Kylo took a hit from a bowcaster which was shown earlier as having the force to throw stormtroopers.

>Has no real flaws

She has obvious abandonment issues and her characterization suggests a potential personality disorder (avoidant personality disorder is very common in abandoned children)

>Everyone on her side comes to instantly love her basically

What fucking reason would they have to hate her?

Compare this to Luke Skywalker, who walks onto the rebellion stage left and gets handed a fucking x-wing, or Annie, who is The Best Jedi Ever in spite of being Too Old for The Training. You're a loon.
>>
>>5737589
also she gets captured and sets in motion the chain of events that get Han killed from having a panic attack associated with said APD. Not flawed my ass
>>
>>5737475
>is a great mechanic, came up with upgrade Han Solo never thought of
This is probably because Han Solo was not a mechanic
>No previous experience she beats a sith who was trained by Skywalker in a Force duel
I didn't see this one as too far-fetched. Kylo clearly wasn't expecting that kind of resistance from Rey.
>Mind trick on soldier with no practice
This is the only one that gets me. It shouldn't have worked nearly as well as it did. It mostly sounds like the producers wrote themselves into a hole and just came up with the mind trick stuff to solve the issue of "how do we get Rey to save herself and get out of here?" Stupid.

Everything else is believable. Her character is a quick-thinking pilot-mechanic who turns out to be a Force prodigy (Luke and Anakin were BOTH quick thinking pilot-mechanics who turned out to be force prodigies). Most of the movie was her using her strengths as a quick-thinking pilot-mechanic to solve problems that she encountered.

And even then she made shitloads of mistakes. She released those horrible slimy tentacle/teeth creatures. She almost killed the entire crew with deadly fumes. At least ten times in the movie, Rey has no idea what the fuck she's doing and is mostly following her intuition - Luke and Anakin were both more of a Mary Sue than the blindly naive Rey.

Also, if you look at the lightsaber duel, you'll notice that Rey is actually just "using" her staff from the beginning of the movie (which she presumably has lots of experience on). She was clearly using moves that were meant to stab or hit the enemy with the very tip of the pike, rather than using the saber as a sword. I have 0 problems with one trained fighter using a weapon they're not 100% familiar on beating a weakened and distracted guy who just happens to know the weapon better. It's not that she's better at lightsaber than Kylo, it's that she's falling back on her experience with a different weapon to try to use the one she ended up with.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.