[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Pokemon transphobic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: 1455492635174.png (500 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
1455492635174.png
500 KB, 800x550
Is Pokemon transphobic?
>>
File: 1423841407907.png (358 KB, 1280x680) Image search: [Google]
1423841407907.png
358 KB, 1280x680
Considering X and Y had a canon trans character and it was just treated as a normal mundane thing I'm gonna say no.
>>
>>5727977
I don't get it. You trannies want to be seen as the gender you identify as, yet get offended when there's only binary options. Like, why would a trans person ever play as a trans character, don't they want to be one of the genders?
>>
>>5727977
Fuck off with that shit turning every little thing into a political issue. It's not transphobic. It gives you the option to identify as a boy and a girl instead of making you play solely as a boy, ain't that good enough? You fucks ruin videogames with that pseudopolitical sophistry
>>
>>5728397
>Like, why would a trans person ever play as a trans character, don't they want to be one of the genders?
Some just want to be their preferred gender.
Some want to be a special third gender because it makes them feel special.
Some just want to be their preffered gender but act like a third snowflake sex because that's where all the attention is and where they can actually get support.
>>
>>5728354
>Canon
Where is the evidence
>>
>>5728482

http://legendsoflocalization.com/qa-is-this-character-in-pokemon-xy-transgender/
>>
>>5728504
>One npc alludes to possibly going from looking butch to looking feminine from facial surgery/liposuction or whatever
Yeah no
>>
>>5728553
No they allude to being a character type in the pokemon games that is exclusively male. Black belt, or "Karate king" in Japanese.
>>
>>5728553

She said she went from being a generic enemy male martial artist to being what they are now (an attractive female trainer), and she marveled at medical science. Implication being she transitioned from male to female.

What are you talking about?
>>
>>5728574
You can't transitition from female to male; you can transition from female to fake, but not from female to male.
>>
>>5727977
>gr8 b8 m8 8/8

But I'll bite anyway. Kids are too dumb to understand the nuances of non binary gender. But I sure as fuck know that when I was 7, I started playing Pokémon red and when asked if I was a boy or girl it made me really fuckin happy I could choose girl.
>>
>>5728613
so le edgy XD

and irrelevant to the topic
>>
>>5727977
>be transsexual
>wanting to play as anything other than your identified gender

Get out, Tumblr. REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>5728504
Holy shit. Nintendo of Japan are the progressive ones. That blows my mind. Too bad NoA seems to be going in reverse these days with the constant censorship.
>>
>>5728397
Not all trans people identify as boys or girls.

>>5729149
>all transsexuals identify as male or female
>>
>>5729173
>what is Conker's Bad Fur Day
>>
>>5729239
Ones that actually suffer from GID/GD do. Otherwise, you're a Tumblr-tier snowflake.

You know it's just for attention, and nothing more. Nobody actually identifies as a polygenderqueertranskindoublesemifuta.
>>
File: b8.jpg (23 KB, 267x177) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
23 KB, 267x177
>>5728397
This. As far as I know "trans" isn't even a gender. It's the feeling of having a disassociation with your mental and physical genders.
>>5727977
Also fuck you OP. Pokemon is fun and harmless and how dare you slander its name by going full tumblrina on it.
>>
>>5727977
No, because it doesn't question me when I say I'm a girl
>>
>>5729315
If your theory that they do it for attention was correct, there would be no such thing as a closeted non-binary person.
>>
File: trans.jpg (86 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
trans.jpg
86 KB, 500x281
>>5727977

no
>>
>>5729405
tip: everyone is non-binary, no-one wholly adheres to masculine of feminine ideals. having to come out as 'non-binary' only is for attention, or as a softer attempt as coming out as an actual transsexual and transitioning: 'See i'm still a bit of a boy i'm not changing that much, pls don't hate me, family'. it's being confused or a pussy. coming out as NB can actually make it easier at the beginning of accessing health services to start transitioning medically as there is a less set/rigid pathway for treatment, too. for example: You must live full time as your new gender role for a set number of months before access to *something*. What actually is a set role for a NB person? Who knows! It can be used to bypass gatekeeping.

There is no such thing as a closeted NB person. Only a closeted transsexual who is still confused over their identity and thinks you have to be a girly girl or a macho man to be binary trans
>>
File: 1438733204654.jpg (230 KB, 1200x1101) Image search: [Google]
1438733204654.jpg
230 KB, 1200x1101
>>5729554
>>
>>5729401

>The year is 2281
>Nintendo has released its new portable handheld system, the Reach, with anti-theft devices, including astounding biometrics scanners
>A child loads up their 365 version of Pokemon 365 and 7/52 (There have been a few changes in the formula. In the setting, an aspiring pokemon trainer must investigate a mysterious phenomenon that has been spiriting people and towns away, and in some places, even rearranging events in time in orders specific to certain locations such that different places have entirely different records of history. It's feared based on the rate the phenomenon is occurring that it could come to destroy the world if a resolution isn't reached within an in-game year. The player character must find the solution all while making progress on their goal as a pokemon trainer. In this game, the character starts just after turning 14 years old.)
>The professor asks the young, closeted trans girl on her handheld if she's a girl or a boy to determine her player character
>Hesitatingly, checking to see if anyone is around to see her, she selects the option declaring her a girl
>A sudden system notification appears
>"I'm sorry, but according to our scanner's measurement of the angle that light reflects off of your eye, the area of the system covered by your hands, and the volume of blood passing through your hands, you are a male child starting puberty soon"
>"We understand that a young man such as yourself could only make such a selection by mistake, and we have given you a special male character to make up for it."
>"This character will reach puberty at an astounding pace, developing an Adam's apple within 1 month, full facial hair in 6 months, and will reach a height of 6'8" by 8 months. You will find you will get many compliments as you go through the game. This character will make sure you know everything you have to look forward to in life and help you appreciate male puberty."
>>
>>5729401
>>5730094

>She decides to play a bit, though she feels a bit sick, hoping the game play will improve her mood after this development
>In a town, planning for a pokemon hunting trip, a random event character runs by
>The random character runs back to her character after running off the screen
>"Hey you look like a cool guy!" excitedly pointing his finger at her character and shouting despite the run
>"Between us guys, my friends and I heard a rumor about super rare pokemon congregating in a little-known area. It's kind of hard to get there without a large pokemon or a psychic type, but we don't have any. Do you want to help us? I think you could do it." As he looks her character up and down. "You keep whatever you catch."
>When her character reaches the camp of the rest of the guys, her character is drowned in compliments
>"You probably have a girlfriend back at home and get tons of girl attention to boot. Makes me want to eat my hat."
>"I bet you played sports before leaving home"
>"I had to dress up as a girl to get us this information. You're lucky you would never be able to pull it off. Hahaha"
>Her character gets some decent pokemon from helping the guys out
>Her character meets a girl three years older in a different town
>"Woah, hay there, handsome! I haven't seen you around. Are you new here? You look old and manly enough to have a lot of experience exploring, like, 22. Maybe you're studying the pokemon indigenous to the area?"
>"Oh, so you're a newbie pokemon trainer? Hey, maybe you could help me out in my pokemon research? I know the reclusive gym leader here, and I could convince them to give you a shot you wouldn't otherwise get." She winks at the trans girl's character, trying to show romantic interest. "They might also know something about those disappearances you're investigating."
>After helping the researcher girl, she takes the trans girl's character to the gym
>"Hey, I brought you a challenger"
>>
>>5729401
>>5730094
>>5730102

>Out from the shadows hobbles a hunched over figure, shrouded in the darkness of the run-down gym
>The researcher says, "I told you they didn't get many visitors."
>Suddenly, from the darkness a voice calls the player character's attention back to the dark
>"You... you're..."
>"Like me"
>As the figure draws closer, a haggard, tall man of unknown height due to their bent over posture with sharp, aged features in a dress and lipstick comes into the light
>The trans child instantly shuts it off in disgust
>Trans child decides to delete her save and have her cis female friend make her a girl save for $5
>Her friend gives it back to her after the weekend
>Trans girl selects the save
>"Oh!"
>"We see you've selected the wrong save. Hmm, ... someone seems to have deleted your save too. Not to worry! We have a backup to download to your Reach. Nice job on unlocking the special character by the way ;°)"
>They try again by having the friend try to pass it to her after her friend loads the female character save. But the game freezes and the message, "We see you've snatched away a girl's handheld like a typical, rambunctious boy. That's not very nice! >_< Politely ask her to let you watch her play!" appears.
>Trans girl gets fed up and finally speaks up to her parents and confesses she's trans
>Starts hormones one week later
>Game identifies her as female after some months because she started early enough to not have a male skeleton
>All the quitters who stopped trying entirely and moved on, the cowards that just accepted the character they were given and played that way, and cheaters that got around the system's sensors go through male puberty and grow up to be hons still unidentifiable to the game as female for not trying to grow as people when confronted with a challenge
>All as planned at Nintendo
>>
>>5728397
tranny here i agree with this

While some people can exist outside of the binary, the vast majority are just people who want attention. Any time that someone actually describes their identity as trans it just makes me think they are a faker. If you are a transman or Transwomen your identity is man or woman not "trans" unless you are "trans Transgender "
>>
>>5728397
I'm not offended when there's binary options. Actually a study at my school was looking for female only participants. To filter out non-female participants, they asked "what is your gender?" and the options were male, female, or transgender. This non-binary option sort of bothered me because I felt that my gender was female, not transgender. They could've asked, "do you identify as transgender" or "are you transgender" for example as a better way to filter. Just my opinion.
>>
File: 798.png (306 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
798.png
306 KB, 593x540
This thread again? I mean I know it's bait, and I know I shouldn't take it, but I'm gonna, 'cause I'm a hungry fish.

Look trannies, y'all need to stop crying transphobia at every little gender-related thing that comes up. It's obnoxious and counterintuitive. Whining about it doesn't do shit to raise awareness for your community, it makes the normies roll their eyes and think "here we go again" with an exasperated sigh.

Have a smug animu face.

>>5729272
>implying gratuitous violence, overt sexual themes, and toilet humor are in the same league as social issues
>implying all of the above aren't more socially acceptable than being trans
>>
>>5729405
Or "closeted non-binary" people don't out themselves because they know it's retarded bullshit, and that even medical professionals will tell them to fuck off. Hence why they congregate on Tumblr. It's an internet fad.

>>5729554
Non binary =/= personality traits, personal likes/dislikes.

Just because you're a chick into cars or a dude who wears pink shirts, does not mean you're non-binary. Stop this, now.

Real life experience is stupid, I know. But what it comes down to is... do you actually identify as something other than your biological sex, or are you just a fetishist cunt /or an attention-seeking transtrender?

Anyone with an authentic dysphoric desire to be the opposite sex is not going to want to play a game as a tranny character or as a male. It's shitty enough having to live that for real.
>>
>>5729356
Trans is short for transitioning. Transitioning from one sex to the other. Therefore every snowflake that sits and cries about being nonconformative, genderfluid, agender or some other made up crap are full of shit that wish they were special and have driven that idea so far into their heads that they think it's real.
And they should all be shot because there are more than enough actual issues to solve in society without these fucks taking up room; their feelings don't even make it onto the top 100 list of shit that needs solving in the world.
>>
>>5727977
Me on the right
>>
>>5740040
>Anyone with an authentic dysphoric desire to be the opposite sex is not going to want to play a game as a tranny character or as a male. It's shitty enough having to live that for real.
I've got cast iron diagnoses from multiple respected therapists, I'm a young transitioner, and my characters are, half the time, trans women.

There are in fact medical professionals who work with and study non-binary genders.

Your feels don't make the honly insecurity more real. And you are not scottish.
>>
File: 1443199536973.jpg (22 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
1443199536973.jpg
22 KB, 396x400
>>5729554
You are an idiot. I fully identify as a man because I fucking AM a man. There's nothing feminine about me nor do I ever act feminine even as a joke. This behaviour in me is perfectly natural and it's nothing that I have developed or been influenced by; I simply am a man and fuck you for trying to label me as anything but; I thought you morons hated labels (despite having invented like 53 new ones just for yourselves just like the gigantic idiots you are).
>>
>>5736288
Threads like these are made by people like you pretending to be us so people like you comment on them and pat yourselves on the back for preaching to the choir.

Did you get your condescending superiority rant fix? Feel better about yourself?
>>
>>5742565

Perhaps this is the reason for the discrepancy in your opinions on wanting to play trans characters
>I'm a young transitioner

Are your trans female characters young transitioners like you or do they run the entire age range? Because it is probably that her experience as a trans woman of late transitioning age that being trans has been a highly negative experience that has yet to really end, and so living that in a world that could be used for escapism instead is unappealing. But for you, (depending on how young it was that you transitioned) the worst is already over for you, and it didn't get as bad as it could have gotten, so "reliving" the trans experience is not something that is difficult for you.

What do you think?
>>
>>5742592
>What do you think?
I think I make too any obvious self-insert characters tbqh. But yes some of it makes sense, although I doubt the average anon here qualifies as an older transitioner.

More as a recent transitioner who is still going through the worst of it.
>>
>>5742607

What part(s) do you disagree with?

>I doubt the average anon here qualifies as an older transitioner

Maybe. I consider post 18s to be older transitioners based on possible lack of hip growth at that age and that most biological males are pretty much already men by 17 (in facial structure).
>>
>>5742720
>post 18
>lack of hip growth
You're underestimating how long puberty lasts.

Also actual medical professionals consider the bard to be in the mid to late 20s.
>>
>>5742749

Well, that's why I said possible lack of hip growth. All I know for sure is that the growth plates of the hips fuse between 18 and 25 years old. But I wasn't sure if that meant that it closes at certain ages on a case-by-case basis (my first interpretation, which I held for maybe a year) or that the process starts at 18 universally and it goes on from that time until 25 (which I realized only some months ago was another possible interpretation and one that I consider might be valid).

What do you mean to say when you say bard?
>>
>>5742778
A bit of a, a bit of b, late bloomers add to the weirdness.

Also I meant bar
>>
>>5742720
>older transitioners
Refers to people in their late 30s on up. People who have established lives, families, careers as one gender then transition.
>>
>>5742794
>>5742804

I honestly disagree with the medical establishment's choice of late 20 or 30 somethings as late transitioners. It's far too exclusive of those with little chance of passing without surgery (though there are some that reach higher ages without needing surgery to pass). Which is why I say 18 and up should be considered late.
>>
File: smug.jpg (33 KB, 637x476) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
33 KB, 637x476
>>5742578
I'm sorry, but just who exactly am I pretending to be? Who is "us" in this context? I mean, I'm sorry if my general disdain for overt sensitivity is offensive to you but the fact remains that nobody but a select few give a shit.

I'm not actually sorry, btw.

>Did you get your condescending superiority rant fix? Feel better about yourself?

Nah, I hate myself and my life, and ranting on the internet at bitches is all I have to live for.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.