[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there people who pretend to be transgender but aren't?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10
File: 1438524015391.png (136 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1438524015391.png
136 KB, 300x300
Are there people who pretend to be transgender but aren't?
>>
What kind of idiot would choose to be trans?
>>
yes, have you been to tumblr?
>>
>>5709390

AGP's.
>>
>>5709391
This.
>>
>>5709391
How do you distinguish, then?
>>
on multiple occasions i've talked to people who said they didn't have dysphoria and they had no desire to transition whatsoever, and they presented as totally normal members of their assigned sex, but they said they were transgender, and more specifically genderqueer
>>
>>5709403
real trans people have gender dysphoria, it's that simple.
>>
>>5709381
Yes. I dated a girl who decided she wanted to be a guy...
>>
>>5709403
There are literally people on tumblr (mostly girls, too) that will very passionately argue that "you don't need dysphoria to be trans". I don't know how common it is since I don't go to that shitshow but few times I visited random trans blogs they had like specific things that they were trans people WITH dysphoria. It was the dumbest shit.
>>
>>5709486
Sounds like that's probably really annoying to actual trans people.
>>
>>5709381
Hey I'm a mtf. I realized that I was around 16 but I've been closeted.
I've always had low confidence and I was always really insecure since I hit puberty I hated the way I looked and I hated myself I was depressed. Its hard not to be able to tell since you can't read the persons mind but from personal experience if you're trans you'd probably be generally depressed you are in the wrong body
>>
>>5709381
There are people who pretend to be god. And the devil.

If you can think of it, somebody somewhere has bullshitted it.
>>
>>5709394
AGP here
don't want to be trans
don't want to pretend to be trans
just want to be normal tbqhwyf

real AGPers are self-hating substances abusers who just want to hide away in shame, not those obnoxious hons who are just mid-life crisising and probably aren't even real fetishists because if they were they would be more ashamed. or maybe they just have no self-awareness

but yeah basically I have enough hate for myself without other people hating a strawman version of us tyvm
>>
>>5709486
Most people like this just don't use the word dysphoria to describe their feelings, it doesn't mean it's not there.
>>
if you don't have dysphoria pre-transition, you're certainly gonna have it when you transition
>>
Genderqueers, tucutes, people who have no dysphoria don't transition and just go on about bullshit identity spectrum nonsense

All trans* that aren't transsexuals just want free oppression points
>>
File: 1425424996503.jpg (176 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1425424996503.jpg
176 KB, 500x500
>>5709391
This, also everything about "non-binary" culture.

It's the newest and most popular snowflake label of the month since now it lets people pretend as one gender one day and be another the next without dedicating themselves to a serious transition.

>have a LGBT friendly class this semester
>get two "non-binary" straights
>thin NB grill is ok
>overweight hambeast NB guy who claims to be gay but has no issue with NB girl hugging, kidsing, holding hands, and sitting in his lap is eugh
>one day they decide to dress as the opposite sex together
>NB girl is still qt even when she's dressed as a guy because of her soft facial features, as well as her outfit is very casual and blends in well
>NB guy comes in wearing a ratty-ass wig, fur boots, red jeans, blue nails, blue lipstick, a white band shirt, and sunglasses indoors
>TryingNotToVomit.jpg
>NB guy says he feels nervous about getting hurt for how he looks
>as if most people wouldn't be repulsed and want to stay the fuck away
>NB girl says to him that anyone who judges him by his appearances isn't worth his time

Like senpai...... I got some news for you. Everyone judges each other. It's part of being human. And he looked like a bigger attention whore than any cis girl I've ever seen. He wasn't even TRYING to blend in with cis women.

Fuck these assclowns.
>>
>>5709381
I have a gender bender fetish but that's it
>>
>>5709832
It doesn't sound like either of those people claimed to be trans.
>>
>>5709381
Yep. I never had dysphoria, I'm just a narcissist and when my cute femboi looks started fading in my 20s I pretended I wanted to be a girl to get on mones, now I've got another decade of being cute before I get too old and gross and have to kill myself, wee
>>
>>5709381
chris-chan

>>5710008
i dont think that even comes close
>>
>>5710040
I sure hope that it does not
>>
totally don't get the whole obsession with policing who's "really trans"

like, a lot of the folks people like >>5709832 get kind of creepily, stalkerishly mad at in vividly-remembered detail might just be still working through their self-acceptance / questioning phase and need an intermediate label to feel safe with

or maybe, just maybe, it might even be a pretty decent description of their experience, and it's just like, an experience you can't personally relate to because it's different to yours

or maybe they really are full of shit in some cases

either way, if you're spending more than 15 - 20 seconds of any given week worrying or getting upset about this then it speaks to something not being quite right with you imo
>>
>>5709631
>AGP
what is that
>>
Is there any dating sites that are dedicated to tucutes, traps or transgendered persons or whatever the correct term should be. I don't want to intentionally step on anybody's toe. I am a bisexual person just want meet someone. Looking for guidance.
>>
>>5710156
I jack off to this: >>>/gif/7991498
And I'm a girl in all of my sexual fantasies. I would identify as straight though, cause I'd never fuck a guy as a guy, das gay senpai.
Am I AGP?
>>
I'm a straight guy. I've wondered what it would be like a be a woman before. I'm glad I'm a guy though. It's ok that I have to pay for my own drinks too.
>>
>>5709486
I'd be a bit more inclined to believe the non-dysphoric trans people if they actually transitioned in some way.
>>
>>5710156
>the man who coined the term used it to invalidate the identity of trans people
false. blanchard merely looked to categorize mtfs, and did not recommend against AGPers transitioning.
>>
well i dont like to be a girll
>>
>>5709381
you're not supposed to talk about it but yes
>>
>>5709743
Some people are happy as either gender.

>>5709775
That's a bit too strict, since most interpret transsexual as meaning post-op. I'd say whether you transition or not is the main criteria. If a non-dysphoric person transitions, I'd consider them trans. And if an AMAB person gets diagnosed with gender dysphoria and goes on HRT but just lives as a guy with boobs without transitioning, I'd just call them a gender dysphoric cis guy.

>>5710173
I think viewing your "female self" as something separate from your irl male self is a strong sign of AGP. And being attracted to men only when you imagine yourself as a woman would seem to imply that's the case with you. Trutrans don't tend to think they have a separate "female side", rather they feel like it's been this part of their main identity that they've always had but expected to hide
>>
>>5710262
Well, are you a girl?
>>
>>5709407
>genderqueer
Meme sex.
>>5709832
Its not new ist been a thing since 2013.
>that feel when /cgl/ complained the most about non binary back then
>>5710213
Agp is a fetish senpai.
>>
>>5710019
Still taking up trans-spaces and making trans people look bad.

>>5710056
Says someone who took just as much if not more time to type all of that out yet say absolutely nothing of value in the process.

>>5710792
True.
>>
>>5709381
Yes, but there are also transgender individuals that do not give a single fuck about blending in with normies.

Both kinds of people are cancer.
>>
>>5709381
i was scared that was me
>>
>>5710782
Unfortunatelly, yes
>>
File: 1425351940680.jpg (74 KB, 692x673) Image search: [Google]
1425351940680.jpg
74 KB, 692x673
>>5710984
ur an anime too?
>>
File: 1154557.jpg (78 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
1154557.jpg
78 KB, 480x600
>>5711022
well i am but the OTHER thing
>>
>>5710792
Genderqueer doesn't purport to be a sex. Like transgender, it refers to the relative relationship between your sex and your gender identity/expression.

>>5710792
>Its not new ist been a thing since 2013.
Non-binary is quite a bit older, it just didn't get much media attention until a few years ago.

>>5711021
So does that mean you're a ftm? Or a cis AMAB who transitioned to female?
>>
>>5710156
Sexuality isn't the driving factor for a vast majority of transsexuals. Blanchard had his head up his ass and couldn't look past sexuality to see the majority of the reasons his patients wanted to transition. That is why his theories of the super gay, and AGP are discredited.
>>
>>5710042
>I can't see how you could turn out a transexual without having some form of sexual fantasies where one is male/female

I just have physical dysphoria and that's it. I don't even have social dysphoria. Don't care about clothes or pronouns. I just want to change my body so that I stop waking up with marks from attempting to peel off my own skin lmao.

That being said, I seem to be out of the ordinary. Every time I talk about it, people don't get it. They're like "You should try presenting female" and it's like how does presenting female get rid of my penis?

It's like I actually am what a lot of other trans people lie about being.
>>
>>5709391
I'm going to be honest here, I think that tumblrites who are "dmifluxglossappeche" do feel some form of dysphoria but make up those labels so they don't need to accept being trans
>>
>>5709381
I pretended to be trans on Steam for a while for attention.

Turns out I only did it because I was trans in denial.

It's close?
>>
>>5710321
Anne Lawrence was himself a creepy fetishist, iirc and shouldn't be used as an objective, or authoritative source on trannies.
>>
>>5710042
10 years? well fuck, ever tried hrt?
>>
>>5710056
Because these fuckers clog up the trans medical system. In my state, the waiting lists for a gender psychiatrist are at least 3 months long. Not to mention all the hoops you have jump through to get HRT here because they have to make sure you're not a lying memegender.
>>
>>5712279
Those hoops you have to jump through have existed long before tumblr and have nothing to do with "fake" trans people, they exist because they (used to?) assume people will be therapisted out of being transgender
>>
>>5711655
>dmifluxglossappeche
thanks for mashing your keyboard
>>
>>5713047
no problem
>>
>>5709486
That's because they are fucking retarded.
>>
>>5709381
Pretty much everyone who identifies as 'queer'
>>
>>5709381
You mean every faggot that claims to be "transgender", as if that is actually a thing?
>>
>>5709486
>"you don't need dysphoria to be trans"
That is very true. You don't. Psychologists recognize this. They usually recommend people who are that way not physically transition, but they also won't stop them if they still wish to.
>>
>>5720112
If everyone is pretending, no one is.
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 960x938) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 960x938
maybe certain genderqueer people are faking it. AGP that have low IQs and don't know the difference between their sexuality and their gender. Certain confused people with BPD.

dunno though, just a guess.
>>
>>5709631
>real AGPers are self-hating substances abusers who just want to hide away in shame
i hear you, anon. agp life fucking sucks.
>>
>>5709631
unless you are also one of those sadomasocistic sissies that needs LOTs of public humiliation in the feminine role in order to become arroused.-shiver-
>>
>>5721868
its ok, not all people will hate you because you have a fuckred up fetish. -pats-
>>
>>5721872
yikes
i guess i could be worse yeah....

>>5721868
>>5721881
:\ i mean it's nice to know, but it still really doesn't make it better :(
>>
File: ech.gif (1017 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
ech.gif
1017 KB, 500x260
>>5709381
>Are there people who pretend to be transgender but aren't?

you mean drag queens?
>>
>>5709381
Yep, there are a lot of them.

The sad, and scary, thing is... There are more people pretending to be trans, than there are actual trans people.
>>
File: looking at chu funny.gif (1 MB, 525x293) Image search: [Google]
looking at chu funny.gif
1 MB, 525x293
>>5722026
uhh i hate it when we start talking bout dollface gurrrl
>>
Does /lgbt/ realize that most women slurred as "TERF" nowadays are really just fighting against tumblr-style pseudo-trans people who undermine genuine trans issues?

What gets passed as "TERF" arguments nowadays is stuff like:
http://sexandgenderintro.com/
(reading all 5 pages strongly recommended; first might leave you with a wrong impression through implications)
and in particular you might want to watch the YouTube video at the end of this page:
http://sexandgenderintro.com/political-implications/
>>
File: 1366365855833.jpg (47 KB, 700x305) Image search: [Google]
1366365855833.jpg
47 KB, 700x305
>>5722026
>>
I had a person who was pretending to be trans and asked me to meet up with them to "help them out"

Turns out they only added me because they followed my partner on tumblr (whos also trans) to get to see her profile. He was obsessed with her and it was hella creepy.
>>
tranny chasers do it sometimes to get trans peoples sympathy to lure them in to rape them
>>
>>5709381
Sure but if they stick with it through the dysphoria then they generally have much more serious mental issues.
>>
>>5725028
You seriously think anybody is gonna read that? Either you summarize it, or you don't post the links. Retard.

>Does /lgbt/ realize that most women slurred as "TERF" nowadays are really just fighting against tumblr-style pseudo-trans people who undermine genuine trans issues?
They're against both, and they see no difference between fake trans and real trans.
>>
Sure, it's the new bisexual.
>Gender fluid
>Non-binary
>Agender
>Pangender
Take your pick.
It's people claiming all the oppression and persecution of being transgender without having to actually deal with any of the primary issues that make you transgender in the first place.

The only one that could actually be genuine is "gender non-conforming" and even that's used incorrectly by morons who think it makes them a special person and part of the "transgender umbrella" instead of just being yet another person who does things that aren't seen as traditional for their gender like Sally Gaper occasionally fixing cars or Johnny Hardrod baking a cake.
>>
File: MASH-Klinger.jpg (40 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
MASH-Klinger.jpg
40 KB, 720x480
>>5709381
Only in those countries that still have terms of mandatory military service, or the draft.

>>5722026
Also this, though there's historically been some overlap between queens and dysphoric trans women.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 367x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 367x550
>cis male
>tell conference organizer i'm a trans man
>get free admission to the conference and half off on the hotel
>>
>>5709381
>what is tumblr?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.