[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do gay men feel the need to constantly mention that they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: 1451765763630.jpg (3 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1451765763630.jpg
3 KB, 126x126
Why do gay men feel the need to constantly mention that they don't like sports, and that liking sports is somehow a straight man's interest? I'm bi and love sports, and my gay friend has been here bitching about straight men overreacting about football, but as soon as halftime comes on it's all "OMG BEYONCE YAS QUEEN SLAYYYYYYYYYY!!!" When will the "gay men hate sports" meme finally die?
>>
>>5686089
F~R~U~I~T~S
>>
>>5686089
Professional Sports isn't a "straight guy" interest, it's just an interest for brainless fuckwits, your bf is equally brainless for being obsessed with beyonce too.
>>
>>5686089
I'm just kind of nerdy so I guess I just never had any interest in sports. I don't think it has to do with being gay because all of my other straight friends that are kind of computer/science nerds don't really like sports either.
>>
It does get annoying. Not as annoying as being a biscum tho
>>
>>5686528
Nah. Gays just pretend to hate us, but in reality, they secretly want us because we are the closest thing to a "str8" guy they can actually attain without getting decked in the face for trying. I have seen this firsthand on multiple occasions.
>>
>>5686475
this.

just don't say it in public.
>>
>>5686614
Whatever helps you feel better about yourself boo, sounds like you have a bunch of kids chasing after you even if true lmao
>>
>>5686475
*tips fedora*
In all seriousness, what's wrong with liking sports that makes it brainless. It's about the same level as watching movies or anime, or listening to music. Really any hobby in which you observe things.
>>
File: costanza_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
costanza_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>5686688
>boo
Let me guess...
You're a white twink who thinks he's a sassy black woman for some reason
>>
>>5686788
You're trying too hard boo boo
smdh maybe unlike you, others have fun with their funposting famfam
>>
>>5686795
>boo boo
>smdh
>famfam
Yep. I was right. Absolute degeneracy.
>>
>>5686743
I heard that if you say the word "anime" 3 times, a transbian appears and ruins your thread
>>
>>5686089
I'm straight and I don't like sports but I've learned not to say that public b/c a lot of fags will start trying to hit on me.
>>
>>5686825
You're a fucking liar.
Sports>anime anime anime
>tfw I like both
>>
I always thought it was super gay. Back in high school this guy on the football team would sometimes tell me of how the team slapped each other's asses at practice.
>>
>>5686894
You can slap man ass until you're blue in the face, but unless you are sexually aroused by men, you aren't gay. I'm openly bi and played baseball in high school, and we slapped each others asses frequently as a "good game" sort of gesture, and I was attracted to literally none of my teammates.
>>
Football whatever
If it's a good college game maybe I'll watch, but I could be doing other stuff

But I'm pretty on top of things when FIFA comes around

I also will sit down and watch random shit like trick biking, skateboarding, surfing etc I don't keep up with it but I watch it so
>>
File: large.gif (1 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
1 MB, 400x224
>>5686847
>>
>>5686980
I'm more of an MMA guy myself. I genrally don't really GAF about football unless it's UF for college or New England for pro. But the whole "Thports is for thtraight people" shit really does get old though.
>>
>>5686810
so quick question are you actually retarded
>>
>>5687025
I was... until I borrowed your extra chromosome.
>>
Basically its jusy stereotyping, its okay OP I get what you mean and I'm gay and I dont like sports but not because I'm gay I just... dont like sports. Honestly idk what to tell you but like if you like something then don't let a stereotype stop you. If you like sports then cool, I don't and I doubt I ever will but that's just how human beings are. Some people like some things some people like others. But just tell your friend to stfu and be happy.
>>
>>5686089

I'm a gay guy who's big into sports.

But that sport is figure skating...
>>
>>5687036
DESTROYED
>>
File: 1454314367029.jpg (354 KB, 1366x2048) Image search: [Google]
1454314367029.jpg
354 KB, 1366x2048
>>5686743
If you really think watching a good ol' game of footy is on the intellectual level of Steve Reich you may be literally insane
>>
>>5686519
Oh. Yeah. There is nothing wrong with not liking sports, but gays that think it is a "straight thing" annoy the fuck out of me.
>>
>>5686089
Playing sports is fine. But memorizing stats, pretending like you're on the team, and yelling at the TV like you know better is autistic and childish. Watching sports on TV is mindless nonsense. Watching in person is only a nudge up the spectrum.
>>
>>5686743
>*tips fedora*
Wow, original fucking comment jackass.

It's brainless because all it is is sheer distraction, there's no story being told, you have no personal investment in the teams, they don't represent your community, you don't know the players, it's just a bunch of niggers chasing a ball back and forth on a field.

Sportsball is a massive money-making scheme and it feeds off the mindless indulgence of millions of plebs.

>It's about the same level as watching movies or anime
While I think most anime is garbage, it's not the same at all. Films at least take some creative effort to produce and require some degree of cerebral engagement to watch. And as for other hobbies, they usually are creative pursuits that allow you to develop yourself as a person or express yourself, sports is just mindless spectating you have to pay money to watch, it's not even that entertaining either.
>>
>>5686089
I'm bi, and I don't like watching sports, but actually playing them is fun. It's just not engaging to watch other people do it. Except boxing. I'm happy just watching that one.
>>
>>5686089
football is kill
>>
>>5686894
It was practically common knowledge that half the boys on my football team in highschool fucked each other in the ass.
>>
>>5691321
You get back what you put in. Just as you can watch films on a completely surface level, you can engage with a football game, seeing the different tactics the teams pull, the mindgames, etc etc.

Contrary to what you might think, Football is more than just two sides ramming together into a big clump repeatedly. But if you don't know jack about the sport, thats probably all you are gonna see when watching it.

Thats not even getting into statistics and stat related things like Fantasy Football.
>>
>>5686795
>YASSS SLAY QUEEEN GURL MMMMMM BOO BOO

So you ever gonna grow out of thinking it's cool to act like a black female caricature?
>>
File: 1436211532556.jpg (46 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1436211532556.jpg
46 KB, 1280x800
>>5686089
But sports are awesome, IF you don't go full autism on it. The only people who should be obsessed by sports are those playing it professionally.
>>
File: fabu.jpg (176 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
fabu.jpg
176 KB, 500x281
>>5686089
Why would anyone want to watch someone else play a game?
>>
>>5693171
>"Why would anyone want to watch someone else play a game?"
>posts pewdiepie
Shiggy diggy doo
>>
>>5693046
Literally every gay man I went to high school with acted like a sassy black hood rat. Does anyone even find this trait attractive? Because I don't even think other gay men find this shit attractive.
>>
>>5686089
It's the stupid gay culture

>woo-hoo we're all black sassy princes bitches guuurrlss
>spahrts? puh-lease hon who wanth to see a bunch of dumbth people running behind a ball
>oohh eemm gee coldplayth and beyonthe literally thlayeth everyone

I know it's childish to complain about people liking things you don't like, but I wish more gay dudes were just... dudes.
>>
>>5693810
I feel like those are trying to conform to the stereotype to prove that they are gay to others and themselves
>>
>>5693828
I am gay and don't like sports...but I watch the super bowl because

Amazing commercials
Followed by men playing grab ass
Followed by music and a light show
Followed by more grab ass
I also like being around screaming MEN.
I don't follow all the rules and wtf is a first down?
But I will be happy if our team wins.
Feel free to ask away.
>>
>>5691321
you must be fun at parties
>>
>>5693795
>doesn't get joke
>posts tumblr.jpg
poetry
>>
>>5693828
im a dude, i just dont like sports. (except for baseball, and only if im watching it from the stands with a big overpriced beer in my hand)
deal with it, faggot.
>>
>>5693836
> those are trying to conform to the stereotype to prove that they are ____ to others and themselves
Put "straight" in the blank, and thats exactly how I feel about the majority of guys who like sports.
>>
>>5694113
Yes it is because they want to prove they are not gay, not because the grew up with it and had fond memories of screaming at a screen as their pride in the team that best represents them is rewarded.
>>
>>5694136
>Yes it is because they want to prove they are gay, not because the grew up with it and had fond memories of screaming at a screen as their pride in the female singer that best represents them is rewarded.
>>
I love sports and I don't really care if my bf likes them or not. What pisses me off is when my friends are actively ignorant and proud of their ignorance of sports.

>"who's winning"
>"what sport even is this"
>"go sportsteam score the sportspoints"
>"why do you like watching a bunch of guys in tights chase a ball for 4 hours"

I get it bro, you're super cool and subversive because you don't like sports.
>>
>>5694165
thats fine as long as you arent actively ignorant and proud of your ignorance of all the stupid bullshit your friends like.
music, pop culture, drag queens, fashion...
cuz then you'd be a hypocrite.
it must get pretty exhausting keeping up with all the random trivia about crap you don't even give two shits about.
>>
>>5694189
That's my point, no one has to exclaim how little the contempt they have for knitting, cooking, music, or fashion every time they see a friend enjoying one of those things.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nw2S8dGmJ1c
>>
>>5694238
*exclaim the contempt
>>
>>5686089
I don't like sports but the I try to not be pedantic about it.
Rugby does hold my interest for about fifteen minutes but for reasons other than passion for the sport itself.
>>
>>5694165
I constantly make fun of my lack of sports awareness by asking obviously dumb questions like -while a football game is on-"is this the 6th inning?"

The fact that it annoys you, and people like you is my new fetish now tbqh
>>
>>5694271
What bothers me most is that you think you're actually hilarious and not cringeworthy. It's like dad jokes for nerds.
>>
>>5694283
it's way too easy to get under your skin it's pathetic lmao

dad jokes are pretty great tho, maybe you'd know if you actually had one that cared for you 8^)
>>
>>5694294
>flamer that hates sports accusing me of not having a dad that cared for him

oh the irony.
>>
>>5694301
that's one tight stereotype, hope I can fit
>>
>>5694294

wow, you really read him for filth there ms. thing
>>
File: 23561235.gif (2 MB, 285x215) Image search: [Google]
23561235.gif
2 MB, 285x215
>>5694320
yaaaaaaaaaas
>>
>>5694327
I was joking, "lol u mad" is entry level shit
>>
>>5694165
>Sportsball
The term for people who think they are somehow superior than you for not liking something that most people like
>>
>>5694343
m8, I was continuing your 'sassy' jokes, keep the fuck up
>>
As gay, I totally understand the fun of playing sports, and why people want to do it. Especially if it automatically gets you in great shape, people find it hot, and you get to be the center of attention.

What I don't get is being a fan of a sports team.

I suppose some people just have what makes them cozy.
>>
>>5694371
Everybody loves to belong.

And most people love competition.

Sports are the perfect combination of both. If you can let yourself get invested in your team, and your team doesn't suck ass, then its a good time.

As a KU student, I can say I know it goes both ways. If your team sucks, it can be hard to stay invested with them, especially if they've always sucked and its not just they are in a slump.

But if your team is consistently great, its awesome to get hyped up and cheer your team to victory. Home games with KU basketball are some of the hypest events you will go to, everyone gets into it super hard. Sang the national anthem before a KU game and before a Royals game (in a group of course). The KU crowd was so much louder in their cheers, it was crazy.
I mean part of it was being inside, but still.

Anyway, if you know the rules and can let yourself get invested, Sports are fun to watch.
>>
>>5694080
>damage control
>"it was just a joke guys"
>doesn't realize you can look up reaction images from Google without actually going to the website.
Wew lad
>>
>>5693795
>>5695618

do you have autism?
it wasn't "just a joke", it was the WHOLE joke.
do you regularly explain the punchlines of jokes to people who tell them and act like they are retarded for not understanding that what they said was funny?

People are always saying to people who watch youtubers who play video games, "Why would anyone want to watch someone else play a game?", when the same thing can be said of people who watch other people play sports. That's an extremely valid argument, IMO, because there really is no difference in some guy screaming at his tv watching the sportsball, and some 12 year old laughing while watching pewdiepie play a five nights at freddies.
the point is there is nothing special about your little hobby, and its really fucking immature and gay to expect anyone else to give a shit or suck you off for enjoying it.
>>
>gay
>watch WWE religiously
>aware it's not a real sport but point remains
>>
>>5695911
>"It's really immature to..."
>"hurrrrrrrr do you have autism?"
Wew lad
>>
>>5691321
Hi, r9k.
>>
File: 1454522373073.jpg (109 KB, 500x695) Image search: [Google]
1454522373073.jpg
109 KB, 500x695
>>5686089
See
>>5698902
>>
>>5692631
>It was practically common knowledge that half the boys on my football team in highschool fucked each other in the ass.
same at my school, especially for wrestling.

the entire purpose of the JV squad was basically just so the varsity squad could get off

*so many good memories*
>>
Football > Baseball > Hockey > Ghettobounce > Handegg
>>
>>5707182
I legitimately spent like 3 minutes trying to figure out what "ghettobounce" was, and then I realized...
>>
>>5686089

I've only ever noticed fat people making snide jokes about sports personally.
>>
>>5686089
Sports are for the intellectually limited, and easily amused masses. I bi, by the way.
>>
>>5707182
No.
Hockey>baseball>ghettobounce>soccer>wtf is handegg>>>football
>>
>>5686089
Every gay man I know is fit and practices sport
>>
>>5686089
Have a degree in sports science.
Work for a sports team.

Not all of us hate sport
>>
>>5694371
Do you watch the same tv shows every week? Do you get invested in the characters?
>>
>>5696094
Mah Nigga!
>>
I'm gay and don't care for sports but it's fucking stupid to call it a "straight thing".

People who tie their interests to their sexuality disgust me.
>>
We hate sports because by the time everyone found out in high school that we were gay they always picked up last in gym and sometimes the teacher would get overly affective with us, but never the hot teacher we all wanted to fuck our holes.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.