[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"You don't seem like a lesbian to me, I think you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 720x405
"You don't seem like a lesbian to me, I think you're bisexual"
>>
Nobody else gets told this all the time
>>
If you date mtfs, you are at least slightly bisexual and not an actual lesbian.
>>
File: bait ESRB.png (14 KB, 220x300) Image search: [Google]
bait ESRB.png
14 KB, 220x300
>>5679402
>>
>>5679478
A lesbian is someone who is attracted to females, not "women". They are attracted to biological sex not gender.
>>
>>5679584
Thank goodness their partners have transitioned to female, then!
>>
>>5679302
I'm actually very curious how often this happens to you, OP. What sort of person is it that says these things? The social context in which this comes up?
>>
>>5679605
You can't transition to female. Female and male are sex, man and woman are genders. You can change your gender but not your sex.
>>
>>5679616
This white ciscum shitlord walked in on me sucking a girltinkler and had the audacity to question me being a lesbian... What nerve!
>>
>>5679622
Sure you can. Sex is just a category we've attached to a host of (not necessarily related) physical characteristics. It only doesn't seem that way because we've been raised within the paradigm that sex "male" and "female" are indivisible truths of our world. It's convenient to discuss them in that way, but it's not accurate.

A person may transition to change the gender people perceive them as, but they also transition to make their body's "sexed" characteristics more closely match their gender identity.

Calling anyone "male" or "female" is just a shorthand. Refusing to acknowledge that the characteristics that we use to outline these categories are subject to great variation within those categories, or that they are subject to change, shows a reticence to accept the full variety of human bodies.
>>
>>5679584
>>5679622
The notion that male/female = sex and man/woman = gender is hardly universal. If it was, male-to-female wouldn't be a term (unless one reasons that "sex" does not refer to assigned sex, but rather to certain biological characteristics which DO change during transition).
>>
>>5679622
Define "sex". What is it to you?

Genitals? Check
Breasts or no breasts? Check
Voice? Check
Way of thinking or being? Check
Body shape? Check

All of those can be achieved through transition. The one thing that can't be changed are chromosomes. But if you base your definition on that, what do intersex people become? What if someone has XXY? Shall we make up a gender for every variation?

Yay, now there's male, female, voidgender, polygender, cosmosgender, dickgender. Look what you've done.

Chromosomes don't mean shit for gender, what matters is the way you look, feel, are, think. All of those are either baseline or earned through transition -except for hons but if you can't manage to transition before like 40 years old (or maybe earlier) and haven't killed yourself yet, you're very probably "less trans than others", or extremely repressed to oblivion, or a fetishist
>>
every outspoken transbian out on twitter, tumblr, or the general gaming dev scene do not pass at all.
>>
>>5679848
>tumblr
>game dev scene

>self-diagnosed snowflakes who carve attention

Well, there's your problem
>>
>>5679302
OP are you talking about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc4qKDDx3XE

>"Right, you're a college lesbian."
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.