[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lesbian subculture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 90s nickelodeon suicide.jpg (53 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
90s nickelodeon suicide.jpg
53 KB, 500x366
Slightly tongue in cheek thread.

I'm a gay guy who's made his first lesbian friend. She's great, we have lots in common.

The other day she made a joke about "Lesbian bed death" and I had absolutely no idea what she meant or what she was referring to.

I'm familiar with gay (male) subculture, slang, etc..but I now realise that I know very little about lesbian subculture.

If you had to tell someone a few things about being a lesbian (the less obvious stereotypes, slang, universal experiences, sex acts, etc.) What would you tell them? You don't necessarily need to be a lesbian to join the discussion, just be suitably informed.
>>
Treat her like a sister. You're both up against a pretty cruel world where people are going to treat you like shit for your orientation. Just ask her questions and she'll probably be into answering them and will probably ask you some. Just tell her you want to know more about it and about her as a person.
>>
>>5676838
>TFW no lesbian sis to chill and hang out with.

I always thought it'd be nice. 4chan gays make it sound awful but I've had generally good experiences with lesbian coworkers and classmates in the past.
>>
>made a lesbian friend

dear god why
>>
>>5676603
Welp guess in slang there a couple thing

>stone: chick that won't let you touch her pussy at all
>princess pillow: chick that won't touch your pussy at all
>uhauling: when you move in together too fast, or just a relationship getting very serious very quickly
>stud: mainly used among black/hispanic lesbians, it means a mix of femme attributes with butch personality I think
>lesbro/lesbifriend: the nice dyke version of a faghag
>politicking lesbian: a bislut or straight girl that forces herself exclusively lesbian cause she hates dudes for feminist/political reasons. usually shit in bed
>spit chain: lesbian dating pools get small and inclusive so you often find you're dating your lesbian friends ex's ex girlfriend, that's being in a spit chain
>femme invisibility: you're too feminine or straight passing so nobody thinks you're a lesbian and you never get hit on and it fucking sucks, plus some idiot comes in all "hey why all you dykes butch fatties" and you point out yourself and 50 other pretty nice femme lesbos and it's just ignored
>gold star: never fucked a dude. interestingly I looked this up and it came from how old timey lesbians used to hang out with sailors a lot, gambling and shooting pool and picking up bitches I guess, so lesbians would where a nautical star pin to winkwink identify other girls. It was always a blue nautical star but girls that never slept with a men would have theirs gold.

We joke that you shouldn't fall for a straight girl and long nails = single lesbian. Ultimately it's gonna vary from where you're at. Lesbians in Pittsburgh have a different culture than ones in Austin than ones in LA and then it varies even more country to country. I think we're much more homebodies than gay men, more likely to just settle down early and stay in cooking with our gf and pets while gay dudes like dancing and clubing more.

>>5676865
My best friend is a gay dude. I make friends with gay dudes easy, ya'll cool people.
>>
I've had trouble for years making and keeping friends. Lots of acquaintances but never much more. Recently started hanging out with a lesbian chick I knew and getting to know her better and she's gotten a big kick out of showing me 'her world'. I'm finding that I seem to overwhelmingly prefer the company of chill lesbians to most other people. I'm a bi guy, but really straight leaning both in preferences and just general demeanor...she was pretty surprised to find out that I wasn't 100% straight actually.

Anyways, I guess one of the biggest surprises for me was just how overall cool lesbians are. I didn't really expect to be accepted into her circle of friends I guess. I kinda figured I'd be the center of suspicion or something for being a straight (mostly) guy hanging out with girls. I haven't had to deal with that at all though. And it's a lot of fun hanging out with people who share interests and I don't know more...more boyish humor/personality? But without a lot of the machismo crap that hanging out with guys brings to the table.

I know there are lesbians who aren't chill at all but I haven't had to deal with them yet. It is really interesting to see the stigma that bisexuality carries though. Don't know if it's as bad among gay guys but some of these lesbian chicks are downright venomous about finding that a 'lesbian' friend is actually bi.

But overall it's cool to finally find some sort of social comfort, and not where I expected to find it, that's for sure.

Now my biggest fear is that I really fuck up and end up falling for a lesbian. I have to remind myself on the daily that I basically need to treat these girls as if they were straight guy friends and that there's zero interest there. Still, the fear lingers that I'll slip up and fall for one anyways. Guess I'll just have to deal with that if it comes to it.
>>
File: fat2fit.jpg (91 KB, 500x618) Image search: [Google]
fat2fit.jpg
91 KB, 500x618
>>5676603
Biggest thing I've noticed lately is the difference between fitbians and fatbians. It's like there's no middle ground any more; lesbians are either muscle girls from Insta or over two hundred pounds. This has led to cattiness on both sides, pic related.

That being said I'm team fitbian.
>>
File: goals.jpg (45 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
goals.jpg
45 KB, 1080x1080
>>5680041
Team fitbian is best lesbian team.
>>
>>5680041
>cattiness on both sides, pic related.
That was a beautiful pun. Thank you anon for making me smile.
>>
>>5676603
Here's the basics of pop culture lesbianism: the pretty lesbians have a harder time around guys because they get hit on regularly and some don't take the lesbian answer easy. Lesbians get attached to their girlfriends. They will be moving in together at breakneck speeds and have a harder time breaking up and staying broken up, if a lesbian is invested in the gay scene she'll have a lot of exes she can't avoid, sometimes she's friends with a lot of those exes. The joke is that it's hard for a lesbian to find another lesbian she hasn't dated or hasn't dated their friend or their ex. Also nails. Long nails scare the shit out of lesbians.

There is a rift between lesbians and bisexual women. You might want to steer clear of that. Lesbians typically avoid bisexuals for fear of LUGs and other possible problems. If you thought gay men disliked "breeders", lesbians kick it up to 10. There's a lot of chill women, but I'll admit some of us are elitist as fuck.
>>
>>5676865
>>5676925
i'm a bi guy and my best friends are a gay dude and a lesbian. no LGBT club or any intentional shit like that, we're all outsiders even outside of our sexuality and just mesh so well together. i wonder how much of it is just there being zero sexual tension or anything, we're completely hetero life-partners like Jay and Silent Bob are. like family.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.