[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone tried to transition only using herbs? Is it successful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Has anyone tried to transition only using herbs? Is it successful? How risky is buying prescription drugs (premarin, pervora, etc) in online without prescription?
>>
Herbs do shit all.
>>
>>5674852
No risk if you do research and only use trusted sites.
>>
Why the fuck would you do herbs over actual meds? If somehow you could take enough herbs for them to be effective, they would have side effects like real meds anyway.
>>
How risky is it to not get hormones?
>>
If herbs worked you would be hearing more about them.
>>
The best herbs for this, can't come in one capsule.

You'd need green tea extract, saw palmetto, spearmint oil, and Di-indole-methane and licorice and those are just the dht inhibition.

Then you'd need pueraria mirifica. You'd need top eat a diet VERY low in zinc. Get as little sun and stress as possible.
In other words, you can do it, but if you get stressed, it might not work. That right there is a big stressor.
>>
File: ruin-someones-day.png (389 KB, 852x426) Image search: [Google]
ruin-someones-day.png
389 KB, 852x426
There's little to no evidence that herbal HRT even works, and since we're talking about supplements, it's unregulated and you don't know that you're actually getting what you want in the amounts you're paying for.

Getting too much of herbs/extracts is potentially dangerous. On the extreme end, I've read anecdotes of people who nearly had organ damage from taking normal doses of herbal HRT. Don't fuck around with this stuff.
>>
File: 1448091658657.jpg (434 KB, 1500x1062) Image search: [Google]
1448091658657.jpg
434 KB, 1500x1062
>>5674852
I've been using a common combination of Black Cohosh based female hormone blend pills and Pueraria Mirifica and I also eat estrogeny foods. Herbal remedies are often overlooked. I encourage you buy some of these from amazon before jumping in with hrt. The results are surprising. I can't wait until I can take both though! :D
>>
>>5674852
i use about 4 servings of green tea, and 3-4 servings of soymilk a day. the green tea blocks the testosterone, while the soymilk provides an excellent source of phyto-estrogen, and phyto-progesterone. the only problem with this method is that you have to drink alot of water to make sure the green tea doesn't dehydrate you. i do this because my health care is stupid, and doesn't cover psychologists to diagnose me with gender dysphoria. i don't know why this is a law, but apparently you have to be diagnosed with gender dysphoria to get treatment. this is dumb, because people aren't stupid, they know what their own gender is. anyway, don't drink more than 3-4 servings of each, if you do, you can get really sick. i learned that the hard way drinking 5 servings of soymilk everyday, and then getting sick for 2 weeks, because the soymilk significantly lowered my immune system.
>>
>>5676256
>trusted sites.
Give names then?
>>
>>5677263
>green tea dehydrates you
Not at all. Google it, even strong coffee isn't dehydrating. You're drinking 99+% water.

And spearmint tea is a better anti-androgen anyway, there have actually been studies supporting its effectiveness as one.
>>
I have been taking Pueraria Mirifica for almost 3 months and it has done nothing for me, not even lower my libido.
>>
Why would you do this? It's cheaper and probably even easier to get hormones.
>>
>>5677673
thank you for the information anon. i'll use spearmint from now on. (as soon as i run out of green tea.)
>>
>>5677263
>Soy milk
Enjoy destroying your body
http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects
>>
>>5677673
they don't sell spearmint in my country so would the next best thing be green tea?
>>
>>5677913
>Soy is literally HRT

How is this destroying my body again?
>>
>>5677913
>enjoy destroying your body.
asumming that you don't want breast growth or decrease in body hair, and that you actually care about labido.
>>
>>5677913
> cancer.
>>
>>5677263 >>5677941

green tea is pretty legit

>male rodent receiving varying doses of green tea (Camellia sinensis
L) extracts orally

>Testicular atrophy and a decrease in testosterone production were each experienced in amounts proportionate to the oral green tea extract dosage received.

>The “mild” group (equivalent of 5 cups of green tea per day) experienced a 25% reduction in testosterone production
>the “moderate” (10 cups) and “high” (20 cups) groups had their testosterone levels reduced by 60% and 78%, respectively.
>The control group’s testosterone was virtually unaffected.

http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/12615/1/IJEB%2049%289%29%20689-697.pdf
>>
>>5674852
>(premarin
What is this, 1973? Why the fuck would you ever use premarin?
>>
>>5679993
the OP is legitimately retarded, be patient
>>
>>5677006
Don't take both at the same time, you'll just Fuck up whatever your endo is prescribing you

And that's if you haven't fucked yourself over already taking unregulated herbs like they're actual meds

Estrogeny food also doesn't exist, only soy foods have some kind of effect but you'd have to eat like two tons of the stuff a day in order to get anything similar to actual hrt
>>
>>5679978
FUCK. TIME TO REPLACE WATER WITH GREEEEEN TEEEEEEAAAAAA
>>
>>5674852
Herbal stuff is barely better than nothing. Do your research on your meds if you ultimately decide to self med (seriously, only do it as a last resort, try to get a prescription asap) but basically a normal dose for your E is 2-4mg a day (pills) and either 50mg of Cyproterone Acetate OR 100-200 mg of spironolactone. Personally I used alldaychemist because its the most reliable from what I've seen (albeit a little more expensive). Do your own research though, I'm just a person on 4chan, not a doctor (and for the love of god if its possible to get a prescription do that instead of self medding, you can seriously fuck yourself up if you do something wrong)
>>
>>5681133
>Personally I used alldaychemist because its the most reliable from what I've seen (albeit a little more expensive).

Not when you buy in bulk. ADC has a lower price per pill than, say, IHP, likely due to the fact that ADC charges shipping. Still, I can buy 3 months worth of hormones for like $83 from ADC, compared to $100 or more from IHP.
>>
>>5680797
you are not a rodent, so don't expect dramatic results (unless you consume unhealthy amount)
its pretty good for cutting weight tho
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.