[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evening, /lgbt/. I have a question. I know the gay community
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12
File: 1451302910646.jpg (102 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1451302910646.jpg
102 KB, 500x628
Evening, /lgbt/. I have a question.

I know the gay community has a reputation for being considered "shallow". How high are your standards? What kind of things are deal breakers for you when it comes to looks, or does personality and how well you click override the flaws of someone you might consider dating or spending the rest of your life with?
>>
I don't exactly have high standards but I'd ideally want a bf taller then me, which sucks because all the cute people are shorter then me (and I'm not even that tall).
>>
Deal breakers:
bad hygiene
obese
any terrible personality trait
>>
File: 1286247632941.png (29 KB, 461x523) Image search: [Google]
1286247632941.png
29 KB, 461x523
How bad are crooked teeth to you guys? I take care of mine and they're not gross or rotting, but they're pretty crooked because my family was never able to afford braces and I sure as hell can't any time soon.

Life is suffering. I just want to be able to smile without wanting to crawl into a small hole and die.
>>
I have a complementary rule. Who I'm seeing should be about as attractive as me. If he's better looking, that's great, but that comes with the worry that you might not keep his interest unless your personality or some other factor outweighs it. The reverse is true if he is uglier and so on.

The real good lookers tend to have horrible conceited personalities, but go one rut down and you enter a territory where there are lots of options. You can still find sexy guys, but they have more substance and are more humane and humble.
>>
>>5672501
>any terrible personality trait
Every single person on the planet has at least one negative personality trait.
>>
>>5672501
List some traits.
>>
>>5672543
>>5672551
Sure thing. I was making one when I said fuck it and thought 'terrible' would cover it.

Dealbreakers personality wise:
Aggressive (bad experience from brother's aggressiveness)
Arrogant
Rude
Dishonest (white lies are np...but compulsively lying?)
Unreliable (I'm there for you. Don't leave me hanging when I need you most.)
Condescending (I've flipped at people like this IRL)

Hmm, that's about it. Nothing serious.
>>
>>5672445
Deal breakers:
bad hygiene
fat
smokes
flamming faggot
party faggot
>>
>>5672528
As long as you don't smell of death out of your mouth and have no rotting teeth, you should be fine ;-)
>>
>>5672579
That's fair then. Your first post made it seem like someone had to be perfect. I mean you can have a negative personality trait without it being really "bad". Some are pretty tame and mild and can even give a person part of their charm. I know my boyfriend has a few but I wouldn't change anything about him.
>>
>>5672445
Personality deal breakers:
>short temper
>impatient
>self-centered
>unwilling to try new things
>boring (lacking many interests or hobbies, doesn't have a sense of humor)
>low intelligence
>is too faggy
Physical feature deal breakers:
>fat/chubby
>black
>balding
>is a manlet (<5'9", depends on his build and whatnot tho)
>fucked up teeth
>excessive facial hair
>lots of piercings
>tattoos
>>
Not sure, tbqh.
In some areas, I'm overly picky:
>must be taller than me (this doesn't rule out many guys)
>must be extremely intelligent, especially in sciences and maths (second language in common also preferable)
>must like weird, alternative rock music and edgy, old sci-fi and horror movies
>must be willing to have exclusive LTR (as in possibly lifelong LTR), with no STDs
>must not have tattoos (some piercings are acceptable, some not; depends how they look on the person)
>must be masculine, not camp/faggy/femmy (I want to date men, not women in men's bodies)
In others, I'm way more relaxed:
>don't mind if extrovert or introvert
>don't mind about race
>don't mind about confidence
>don't mind about looks, just so long as not repulsively ugly (which is normally a case of self-maintenance)
>don't mind (too much) about body type; if you're not (clinically) overfat-obese or (clinically) underfat, I'm cool with it
>if personalities match, would most likely be cool with everything else unless blacklisted trait
I'm not sure if my standards are too high, too low, or just right. Regardless, I'm still a kissless, handholdless virgin, so I'm probably doing something wrong.
>>
>>5672603
I can imagine how there are plenty of folks out there who don't look at themselves and expect a partner to be nearly perfect.
I've met many guys who didn't give me a chance because I prefer the quiet of home. I keep myself well entertained at home (book, game, shows, etc.) It was seen as a flaw. Oh well.
>>
>>5672614
I'm going to guess that you're one of those guys who wants someone that looks almost identical to yourself.
>>
Personality-wise, this >>5672579. I'd also add desperate and apathic to that list

Physically:
>fat (chubby is ok at times)
>bad hygiene
>piercings
>isn't /fa/ or dresses like a basic gayboy
>lots of visible tattoos
>is more than 6 or 7 years older than me
>smokes cigarettes

>>5672622
Damn are you me?

>>must like weird, alternative rock music and edgy, old sci-fi and horror movies
I would want a guy to like alternative music and weird things too, but I'd still be ok if they were basic but open minded.
>>
>>5672633
>I've met many guys who didn't give me a chance because I prefer the quiet of home. I keep myself well entertained at home (book, game, shows, etc.)
Stop dating scene guys
>>
Deal Breakers:
>doesn't respect privacy
>bad hygiene
>smoker
>hardcore vegan
>drinks too much
>short temper
>>
>>5672673
>>hardcore vegan
lmao, did you run into a hardcore vegan? share stories pls
>>
>>5672665
>but I'd still be ok if they were basic but open minded.
Actually, this sounds better.
I could introduce them to the world of spanish-language horror, old movies, and music from the '70s and '80s that nobody has ever heard of, while enjoying their reactions to these wonderful forms of media for the first time.
There's always the risk that they couldn't like it, but it would be a good bonding experience/psychological pseudo-experiment.
>>
File: 1454704271607.png (571 KB, 594x826) Image search: [Google]
1454704271607.png
571 KB, 594x826
>>
>>5672579
I'm a bit of a compulsive liar, it fucking sucks.

My brain is always like "quick tell the truth" but my mouth is already spitting out a lie. It's even more annoying when I try to tell the person the truth and then they I'm lying.
>>
>>5672712
Have you been frank about your problem?
>>
Biscum here
>want
Anyone that loves me ;-;
>doesn't want
Meanies
Super short people
Femnazis
Bad hygiene
Lots of body modifications
>>
>>5672694
Exactly. I would like to have a partner where we have many differences and get to teach other new things
>>
I want a bear that likes to cuddle

>dealbreakers
slim
weak
no hair
looks like a baby
way to manly
way to femenine
>>
My standards are:
Bottom bitch
Druggies are red flag
Sluts red flag
Cute
Nice
Responsible
Twinky
>>
>>5672756
>Lots of body modifications
SRS, BA, FFS, VFS and HRT aren't lots of body modifications, r-right?
>>
>>5672752
I try to be, my close friends know (they actually find it funny), but I don't generally tell people unless its something major because they either think I'm a shitty person or just won't trust me after that.
>>
How many previous partners is a turn off for you guys? Does it even matter?
>>
>>5674525
I haven't had many myself because I'm not fond of sleeping with random people. I've had offers but it just doesn't appeal. I guess it really depends, but if they've had quite a few I'd hope someone I'm dating would get tested.
>>
>>5672445
If he's willing to love me that's all I need, I'm willing to change my personality and looks to fit him if he loves me
>>
>>5674525
Depends whether they date a lot of fuck a lot. Either way I prefer guys who don't get around much.
>>
>>5672633
Eh, I can see how guys may see that as a flaw, at least for their lifestyle. Think the reverse. A guy who is a homebody may find party guy to not be enjoyable because they're always out and either making him awkward by going with him or leaving him alone by not going with him. A homebody would generally be best with a homebody, and a guy that goes out with another guy that goes out.
>>
>>5672445
My standards are super low but I'm ugly and antisocial so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>5674807
Aw I bet you're not that bad, anon.
>>
For a relationship, my standards are pretty high. High and unusual enough I won't even bother mentioning them.

For a hookup, I better not see any AIDS sores on you, no visible herpes, and if you're going to bottom, no sasquatch ass.
>>
>>5674820
>unusual
Well now I'm curious.
>>
>>5674820
I'm curious as well because I also have unusual tastes.
>>
File: 20160201_101654.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160201_101654.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>5674810
Well let me prove you wrong.

See. I win. Hoo~ray...

killmepls
>>
>>5675227
I think you're cute. You definitely have potential.
>>
File: honesty is the best policy.gif (58 KB, 450x288) Image search: [Google]
honesty is the best policy.gif
58 KB, 450x288
>>5675235
Well literally nobody I know does.
Or maybe I'm just unbearable to talk to.
>>
>>5672464
I know that feel anon makes me feel creeper-ish too
>>
>>5675280
Do you literally just have people come up to you and tell you you're ugly or something or are you just assuming these things?
>>
>>5675227
I think ya look alright
>>
>>5675312
I've been told that I am quite ugly before by a few people with no connection or motive for conspiracy.
I guess I don't know for a fact that every single person thinks I'm ugly but I do know that nobody wants to be more than friends.
>>
File: IMG_20160105_220324.png (178 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160105_220324.png
178 KB, 500x301
Don't want to make a new thread
This fits

Would you rather date a skinny social 7/10 with bad teeth but otherwise good hygiene or a fat 4-5/10 inti-social with good teeth but otherwise poor hygiene?
>>
>>5675431
well the first one. Its closest to my own body type short skinny keep myself clean just kinda shit teeth . I enjoy people and doing things all that fun shit
>>
>>5675443
Same here
I was wondering gow much teeth matter in comparison
>>
>>5675451
Depends on how bad I guess my teeth bit crooked bit yellow , but not at stereotypical Brit or Shane Mcgrowin level so bonus there
>>
>>5675431
Depends, does the 7/10 know how to keep his damn mouth shut? (Seriously though, how bad are these teeth we're talking about?)
>>
>>5675467
>>5675464
>>5675451
>>5675443
>>5675431
Face rate / judge thread ?
>>
>>5675494
No?
>>
>>5672445
must be stronger/dominant to top
must have self-respect
must be 6/10+
must have shared interests
must have actual love
>>
>>5672445
straight
bisexual
transgender
older than my mom or under 20
dangerously overweight or underweight
ugly enough to give me nightmares

I like to think I have very low standards
>>
>>5675467
I really can't understand why people judge crooked teeth so harshly of all things. If your family didn't have insurance growing up or weren't rich, you could kiss braces the fuck bye and it's not like it gets any cheaper as you age. Getting a good job that offers dental insurance is also not just some easy thing to do either.

Fuckin' eh. You can't just practice proper hygiene and wish crooked teeth away.
>>
File: 2015-11-11 20.07.15.jpg (414 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-11 20.07.15.jpg
414 KB, 960x1280
>>5675494
Fuck it I've been drinking enough
>>
>>5675590
actually? 8/10 if you grow beard/shave stubble
>>
File: 2015-09-18 16.17.47.jpg (415 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-18 16.17.47.jpg
415 KB, 960x1280
>>5675590
>>
File: 1284820679338.jpg (35 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1284820679338.jpg
35 KB, 554x439
>>5675590
>>5675596
I actually think you're really cute.
>>
File: 20150228_154502.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20150228_154502.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>5675595
Actually what ? and thanks
>>
>>5675467
3-4 small ingrown teeth
Yellowish but can brush to clean.
Braces not an option
>>
File: 20150530_152450.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20150530_152450.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>5675599
Merci
>>
>>5675608
open your eyes more when you smile
and you just don't come off as an 8/10 body but the face is there, shaggy
>>
Queerbags.
>>
>>5675624
<3
>>
>>5675618
like scooby doo Shaggy ?
also when I actually smile and shit my eyes just do that cant be helped
>>
Not very high.
I just want someone to stand my music, watch crappy movies with and play violent games with.
Luckily, I found that person but I don't know if she's at LEAST bicurious or not.
>>
>>5675648
You sound like someone i would hang out with
>>
>>5675227
? You're not ugly at all, anon. In fact, you're pretty cute imo. Get a hair cut/pull hair back and you'd be even cuter.
>>
I'm into fat guys, so already my standards would be considered pretty low.

Personality wise, I prefer guys that are moody and clingy. I guess that doesn't really make my standards much higher.

Even if I am attracted to things that people would typically say fall under low standards, I do worry that I'm not going to meet someone that I really click with.
>>
>>5675722
>I do worry that I'm not going to meet someone that I really click with.
But if you met someone you clicked with that didn't meet your physical standards, how would you feel?

While sexual attraction is very important, I can't help but feel like a lot of people get hung up on what they want their "ideal" mate to be.
>>
Important:
hygienic, aspirations beyond sitting on my couch, fairly intelligent, doesn't smoke, not fat, nothing generically horrific
Cool:
enjoys reading (especially sci-fi and low/high fantasy), watching tv, playing games, interested in soccer/football/handball, likes cuddling, likes crappy movies, has non-pleb tier music tastes, enjoys exercising
Nitpicking:
Not too many tattoos, not Skeletor, preferably fewer mental illnesses, not too tall (like, 6'3 or below), not too short (5'3 and above)
>>
>>5675893
Goddamn, you guys get creepily specific. Why not just program a robot at that point and be done with it.
>>
>>5672535
Same. Ugly guys aren't attractive to me, hot guys are too intimidating, especially hot white guys. I'm pretty quirky-looking so I want a guy who is like that too.

I'm also attracted to guys larger and older-looking than me, but I have a 38" chest and look about seven years younger than I am so this is easy.
>>
>>5675893
Would a 5'4" ftm do?
>>
>>5675914
>lists the most basic traits of not being a futureless, repulsive NEET as important
>rest are just things that would be icing on the cake
>creepily specific

Not having the lowest possible standards isn't a bad thing

>>5676016
oops I forgot to list that male genitalia is pretty important
>>
As long as he cares, is drama free, somewhat interesting, and does not act like a total fag, he's a catch. Bonus points if he is taller and bigger than me. That's about it.
>>
>>5678361
>oops I forgot to list that male genitalia is pretty important
;_;
>>
I prefer someone taller than me (I'm 5'8), older, decently muscular, with a deep voice. A guy's voice is one of the things that makes me first notice him. I can't date someone effeminate.

The above only works for physical attractiveness though. If they can hold a conversation with me and can challenge me intellectually, they would be doing much more for me than an idiot Adonis.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.