[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question. Since there are hormones that can help change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I have a question. Since there are hormones that can help change a male body into a more feminine body, what if a female was to take the same kind of hormones?
>>
>>5664860
It depends on a lot of factors.

Some anti-androgenic substances are used to treat excessive acne, birth control pills are basically a crazy cocktail of hormones. Estrogen supplements are most commonly used not by trans women, but by post-menopausal cis women. What are you thinking of, exactly?
>>
>>5664879
What I figured, was that if these hormones can basically give a male-born body a feminine shape (breast development, rounder hips and butt etc.) if a female-born was to take the same, she would see an increase in her own feminine features.
>>
>>5664917
In some cases this may be true, but past a certain point more estrogen doesn't necessarily translate to more feminine, and consistently low estrogen levels are very rare in DFAB bodies. More commonly, less traditional female development (hirsutism, balding, atypical fat distribution) is caused by an unusually high testosterone level.
>>
>>5664917
>if a female-born was to take the same, she would see an increase in her own feminine features.
Sure, she'd also take on a lot of weight and crack up more I think (from what I've witnessed) oestrogen have some bid side effects
>>5664989
this, plus if there is too much oestrogen I heard some thing happens that turns the oestrogen into testosterone because the hormone receptors are in overload mode, this has a name like salinisation or I don't know what
>>
File: effects of hrt explained.png (12 KB, 486x459) Image search: [Google]
effects of hrt explained.png
12 KB, 486x459
>>5664860
>into a more feminine body
yeah you got that right, that's all hrt ever does. it doesn't turn your body into a female-like body either
>>
>>5667808
>I heard some thing happens that turns the oestrogen into testosterone
you heard wrong
anyone who ever let that crap out of their mouth is a complete and utter retard
testosterone may convert into estrogen but not the other way around
>>
>>5667847
>testosterone may convert into estrogen
alright nvermind, I think that's what heard then and then thought the opposite would be true
>>
I'm pretty sure they just get breast cancer. Estrogen pills are given to women who are going through menopause and they tend to have a higher chance of breast cancer.
>>
>>5664860
They do. What the fuck do you think women take during menopause?
>>
>>5664860
Assuming her hormonal levels are otherwise normal, most likely she would stop menstruating because her hormone levels don't naturally fluctuate anymore and have an increased risk of breast cancer and stuff like uterine fibroids, maybe her breasts would grow bigger or something but wouldn't count on it

>>5664917
It doesn't work like that unless she isn't fully developed yet
Your body is shaped by more things than hormones, it's not simple more estrogens = more feminity

It's kinda like throwing a plant in a lake to make it grow bigger, plants need to be watered to grow but overwatering them doesn't really help them get any bigger or grow faster
With this metaphor MtFs would be basically plants with really dry soil in their pots (low estrogen) so they need extra watering
>>
>>5667847
Testosterone aromatizes into /an/ estrogen. Testosterone:androgen::estradiol:estrogen
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.