[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if I wanna hook up with dudes, what precautions should I take?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 22.png (855 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
22.png
855 KB, 800x600
So if I wanna hook up with dudes, what precautions should I take? I guess you have to use condoms for everything right? Until you see a STD test clearing them or something. I did some googling and god damn this shit is complicated. I just wanna suck a cute dude off and put it in his bum, why does shit gotta be so hard?
>>
>>5664022
just use lube and condoms and youll be fine
>>
>>5664022
>I just wanna suck a cute dude off and put it in his bum

Well, it's hard to get HIV through oral if the guy doesn't cum in your mouth, but there's a higher chance of getting pretty much everything else.

For puttin it in his bum, then yes, ALWAYS condoms.

There's always a bit of a risk of getting something, really. So yeah. Always ask if they're clean and pay attention to see if they look diseased
>>
>>5664022
always always always always use condoms, except for oral, and even then only if you don't intend to cum in his mouth
>>
>>5664022
Don't rely on STD tests. Some diseases show up in your blood only after a period of time, and you have no idea who he's had unprotected sex with in that window... Only drop condoms for bum sex once you've both been exclusive for a few weeks and then tested negative afterwards.
>>
>>5664693
you can't really get hiv even if the dude does cum in your mouth
>>
Question here, from a naive guy, so bear with me. A guy I'm seeing tested negative. He's been using a condom to fuck me all this while but now is suggesting to cum in me. Since he's negative, this is safe, right?

Sorry- it does seem self answering but just wanted to make sure that nothing terrible can come of this.
>>
>>5664022
HIV tests only show that you were clean 3-6 months ago. For casual sex there's really no point asking other than for the placebo effect of thinking you're safer.

Just use condoms and you should still ask if they have been tested anyway. It doesn't mean they're clean but it at least shows they're aware of std's.
>>
>>5665310
Depends; is this an exclusive relationship, or are you seeing other people?
The fact of the matter is that condoms are only 80% effective against preventing HIV infection, since they can contain microtears that would allow the HIV virus through, but would be too small for sperm cells. This makes it a life-saver for a hookup, but not much if you're having sex with each other (and only each other) on a regular basis.
NB: This assumes he is not on medication. If he were medicated, the HIV clinic would know, and you'd find his meds easily.

Lets do some maths with this; fellow nerdfags can correct me if I'm wrong:
>Assuming geometric distribution: X~Geo(0.2), where X = event of infection.
>E(X) = 1/0.2 = 5
>Var(X) = (1-0.2)/(0.2^2) = 20
>Therefore, σ = Sqrt20 = 2Sqrt5
>To encompass all statistically significant events, E(X) + 3σ = No. times sex using a condom with HIV+ individual before HIV infection almost certain.
>E(X) + 3σ = 5 + 6Sqrt5 = 18.4 ≈ 19.

Therefore, assuming that he has not sex'd anyone else since you got together, and has not sex'd anyone else for 3 months before the HIV test, if you have had sex at least 19 times and have not shown any symptoms of acute HIV infection, he is probably HIV negative.
Regardless, if we are assuming the aforementioned factors and you have had sex with a condom at least 19 times, any HIV infection he might have would probably be in your bloodstream now, according to maths. Either way, a condom would make no difference in terms of HIV after this point.

If either of you is not exclusive, all above points are instantly invalid, and your HIV risk is too high to justify bareback. This is true regardless of sexual orientation.

Different papers from different journals express condom efficacy for HIV to be anywhere between 60% and 95%. 80% seems to be the most commonly accepted probability in the scientific community, so has been assumed to be true for the above calculations.
>>
>>5665685
Uh, well thanks. We're exclusive and I have not had sex with anyone before. I don't know when the last time he was with someone though. I could ask, I guess. No, I probably should.
>>
>>5665128
>you can't really get hiv even if the dude does cum in your mouth

the odds of it happening are low (the person doing the sucking should have any sort of injuries in his mouth), but it can still happen.
>>
Bareback every man you see.
Get on PrEP for anti-HIV.

Its that easy
>>
>>5667798
>hiv is the only STD you can catch
>>
>>5665685
>since they can contain microtears that would allow the HIV virus through
That's actually just a myth. There are also different kinds of condoms like polyurethane and polyisoprene that are for sure able to block HIV since even many gas molecules cannot cross those polymers.

The ineffectiveness of condoms is entirely related to how they're put on (no jizz comes out the top, not too much space at the front, etc.) and whether it breaks which is usually because you put it on wrong.
>>
>>5668074
The other ones barely matter.
The HPV vaccine is probably a good idea thou.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 500x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 500x533
At first glance, I thought that was Tim Allen.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.