[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it wrong to dress as your desired gender if you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1453778483040.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1453778483040.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
is it wrong to dress as your desired gender if you don't pass? should hons take one for the team and NOT live their lives as women publicly for the sake of the rest of the trans community?
>>
>>5658167
People should just not be assholes to trans people for no reason. That solves that problem.
>>
>>5658167
No. They should dress as they are more comfortable dressing.

Also no. Hon attitudes and behaviours are what make them unpleasant, not the mere fact of being late transitioners.

Assuming we're not going with the new definition of "hon" (doesn't pass as 10/10 woman 100% of the time dressed as a man-slob without makeup).
>>
Would 20 be to late to transition mtf?
>>
>>5658255
No.

Yes, things would have been better earlier.
Yes, you'll have to put in more work.
Yes, hormones take a while to work and won't do it all for you.
>>
>>5658188
People should just not be assholes to (insert minority here) for no reason. See how this works? Not gonna happen.
>>
>>5658167

Those who don't pass should just give up.

HRT is not a magic drug that makes you pass. If you looked androgynous/feminine before then you'll look that way after.

If you looked like a cis-guy before then you will look cis-guy in a dress after.
>>
File: 1454262028788.jpg (18 KB, 428x469) Image search: [Google]
1454262028788.jpg
18 KB, 428x469
I see plenty of cis guys and girls who are clearly an insult to their gender. And a lot of that has to do with genetics and more so the fact that they don't really care or try hard at all.

Take HRT if you really do have GID or whatever. But do much more than just that. Work on your mannerisms, your style of dress, your voice, and your makeup. You will screw up, and probably look childish at times, but you will eventually figure it out and make progress. If you actually think about hons on really any level beyond "I hope they're doing well/wow, you should work on x or y" then you've internalized transphobia or something.
>>
>>5658167
its not right or wrong.

just know that if you look like a man and you wear heels and a dress you are gonna catch a lot of stares and possibly get some shit for it.
and if you live in a bad enough neighborhood, possibly beaten as well.

you can express yourself however the fuck you want to, just be realistic, and have some common fucking sense.
>>
>>5658188
We should just come up with a perfect cure or treatment for trans people. That solves that problem.
>>
>>5658188
If someone looks odd they will be mocked for it. Ugly, fat, disabled, and other types of people learn to deal with it, why should trannies get a free pass?
>>
>take one for the team

This is the only thing I got hung up on. When the fuck does anyone do this. Live their life in the basement, choosing to become a social failure for the benefit of someone else.
>>
>>5662833
Deep depression might do that
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.