[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 20150829_140406.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150829_140406.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
I told my gf that I want to begin HRT or just start figuring things out and she's not okay with it, that if I was gonna do that she would be just a friend, I don't want to lose her, it was a while back but I always think about it. What should I do?
>>
>>5658166
>don't transition
>get gf
>years go by
>you get manlier
>you eventually break up
>you're not alone and manlier
>you transition anyway
>you realize it's too late
>you kill yourself

>transition
>gf leaves you
>if you pass (good path, probably)
>if you don't pass (bad path, probably)
>>
>>5658166
Well you already told her, now it'll always bug her, no?

Personally I'd take HRT over any person in the world, but I don't know you and your gf, so that's your thing.
>>
>>5658166
Look, you're not gonna stop having gender dysphoria and she's not gonna miraculously become gay (or straight depending on what gender you present as currently). It's best to face facts now before you both grow bitter and resentful.

That happened to me too and it ended up getting abusive.
>>
>>5658181
We talked about it earlier in the day and she said would have to deal with it and implied that I would just be crossdressing. Honestly I don't care if I pass or not I don't like yhe way I look and everyday I look in the mirror and don't seewho I want to see. I'm a male and weve been together for two years
>>
>>5658189
Other Anons have said it, and I'll reiterate it, this path historically doesn't end well for you or her. Being friends after being lovers is hard, and can hurt sometimes, but you aren't going to miraculously change gender identities one day, if this has persisted for years. You can mourn your relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend, then go on to celebrate your relationship as friends.

She wants a boyfriend, but you're not a boy.
>>
>>5658214
You're making me cry. (Not bad tears) yeah I'm just gonna have to break it off, what sucks is her dad just died. So im instantly evil to my friends not to mention living in southern small town
>>
>>5658221
That sounds incredibly rough. I'm sorry to hear you're in this position. If you make it clear you still care about her, and want to stay close, that may be the best you can do.

Good luck, and I hope she and your friends understand.
>>
>>5658266
Thank youuu!
>>
Me and my girlfriend were together three years. Started hrt, and about 6 months, our sex life died. I got curious about being with men, tried to be friends while both screwing different guys. The resentment grew and we fought ALOT, we started to get physical and I got scared, stopped hrt, cut my hair.

Now were falling in love again, but the damage is done, well never be close like we were.
>>
>>5658166

Cast off the chains of your girlfriend's internalized misogyny and be you, girl.

Seriously though, just dump her.
>>
>>5658674

Do you regret stopping? Did you enjoy having sex with men?
>>
>>5658702
Yes, and yes. Lol I'm fucked.
>>
>>5658166
i dont understand this retarded shit

>i wana start transitioning! but i'll loose my gf... so ill just hold off...

just break the fuck up with the bitch, move on stay friends, start hrt, and then realize you have been repressing your love of cock, then get a bf that will pound your asshole.

problem solved
>>
File: rare cat.jpg (12 KB, 232x250) Image search: [Google]
rare cat.jpg
12 KB, 232x250
>>5662179
>>5658171

thissss
>>
You already lost her you dumb retard she wants an actual man not a sissy
>>
This is why people don't think transbians are real trans. They are is it dudes with a fetish that want to have their cake and eat it too. If they were really woman... Well two things, one they wouldn't be dating all these straight women in the first place because they would be feminine and two they wouldn't not transition just to keep a fucking girlfriend
>>
>>5662179
Fucking this.
OP is probably long gone but consider this:
your GF could be out of your life next year. Next month even.

How long are you going to have to put up with yourself? Forever.
So guess who you should worry about more.

Literally the only time it makes sense to put someone else's happiness before yours is your children's or a spouse. Your girlfriend is not a spouse. Not until you've grown old and ugly together.
>>
>>5658166
If you don't want to lose her, don't transition. She's not in to that sort of stuff. If you do, your dating pool will be smaller, at this point it would be better to date a man or another transwoman.

Honestly if you got this far to getting a gf, your gender problems aren't as serious as they appear to be; if you're a fem male, you're a fem male, that's not going to change even if you do get older. Assuming that you are above age 18 HRT isn't going to do much if you don't pass already.
>>
>>5662686
From my years of observing all this I mostly agree with this. So many people are misguided and confused these days. I think part of it comes from male shaming and narrow stereotyping. Outliers exist you know?
>>
>>5662686
>women can't like other women!
>>
>>5664625
No they can't, lesbian and bisexual women are a real life meme just like transbians
>>
>>5664625
Implying you are women at all. Implying the huge over balance of transbians in the mtf "community " doesn't speak to more deepseated issues with straight males. Lesbian women are super rare irl. 96% of women are exclusively attracted to men and at most do bisex things for a lame thrill or to turn guys on. Yet in these trans "communities " transbians are like fucking 70% of the population. When 70% of women are lesbian I will consider you all normal. Until then its clear that its a trend among submissive straight males jumping ship to the other gender because they feel they failed at being male but still want to Fuck women.
>>
>>5664968
guess what? developing as a dude makes you have sexual preferences of a dude
>>
Having seen people transition, and detransition, It's worth noting that people's sexuality and gender identity do sometimes change. But it's not something that you can count on or ever know in advance.

If this is truly who you are, or who you will become, then you're going to need to do it.

Look on the bright side. Better to know now than to dump this on her when she's pregnant with your second child.
>>
>>5671670
>pregnant with your second child
That's cute.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.