[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New job. Educated coworkers with a wide range of political beliefs.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
New job. Educated coworkers with a wide range of political beliefs.

I'm the only gay guy, from what I can tell. Many of my coworkers are women between 25-35 and men from 30-40.

I am not a flamer, but I dress well, have stylish, professional blond hair, and I was well raised. I shave and naturally have very little facial hair & my body hair is blonde and not very visible (mostly visible arm hair in this concern).

There were some comments today about how gays should not telegraph their sexuality (I agree, even though it is more difficult to find a mate without some sort of communication) and that gay pride is foolish because "i like vaginas" parades would be silly.

Now I do not take part in my local gay pride parades, but I do take pride in my identity and my sexuality is part of that. I am not planning on talking about my sexuality at work, as I am a professional and it is not an appropriate setting, but if I spend enough time with coworkers outside of work (it is a very social team-based skilled job) then I can only assume that it will become known. In the event that my somewhat feminine appearance is an indication to someone, or if the former scenario arises, how should I proceed?

I don't want to be "The Gay Guy" at work.
>>
You self hating gays are pathetic. Why do you care so much what a bunch of sad sack wagecuck normies think about you.
>>
You'll need at least a half dozen sacrificial lambs and the dried ingredients to make a potion of illusion, to start.
>>
>>5656788
>I don't want to be "The Gay Guy" at work.
That's unavoidable.
>>
>groveling before breeders
wow pathetic
>>
>>5656788
>redditor
>blonde hair
They already know.
>>
>>5656788
>how should I proceed?
downplay works wonders in literally every situation
>>
>>5658440
This. It will happen since that's most likely going to be the key features your coworkers know you for.
You could just tell people you're celibate. That's what I always do. But I'm pretty weird so people don't usually question it.
>>
>>5656788
Be yourself and ignore the haters.
>>
>>5658428
I'm a straight white male with a very limited wardrobe where everything looks kinda the same, and I care that my collegues might start thinking "he wears always the same clothes", or "why don't we see him with women", or the fact that I don't know shit about alcohol or going out, so I avoid being the one in charge of organizing the friday nights at the office.

It's not about being afraid of who you are, it's about not being "that guy"
>>
File: 4602-1412262366-14.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
4602-1412262366-14.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>5664408
>friday nights at the office
>>
>>5658440
It's sad but this is true. Everywhere I've worked if there was a single gay guy on staff my first day working there someone just always felt the need to explicitly tell me this.

And it kind of pisses me off when people tells me about someone before I get to know them. It colors your impression of someone before you get to learn them yourself. When you think of someone the first thing you think of shouldn't be "right, the gay manager". It should be "the soft spoken manager who sporadically sings when he's bored because he likes karaoke".

But everyone talks about everyone. Especially if they thing it could be spun negatively.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.