[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you ever been rejected by someone you THOUGHT was gay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (1 MB, 320x172) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 320x172
Have any of you ever been rejected by someone you THOUGHT was gay?
>>
>asking someone before you know their orientation

I wish I was this brave but than I remember we will always be a minority so this is pretty much just setting us up for failure
>>
this is literally the only reason i've never asked anyone out. i have people that i think flirt with me but i can never 100% tell because it's always at work and most people are nice + also me asking them out at work could get me in trouble
>>
>>5651063
My gaydar is on point.
Step up.
>>
I know the dating pool is much shallower for lgbt but your sense of shame isn't fully developed if you'd risk this without confirming that the attraction is mutual. No pity for autists who are so thirsty they ignore obvious social cues or lack thereof before running into this situation assfirst.
>>
>>5652393
>taking risks is only for the autistic
Wew lad.
>>
>>5652393
I'd think it's more of a normie thing to ask people out in person.
Everyone else just goes online.
>>
Sometimes I'm just not sure whether the person I like is gay too.
In the past, they always turned out to be straight, but my current crush kind of makes my gaydar fluctuate between socially awkward hetero and closeted homo.
How do you do it, OP? How do you bring yourself to ask someone of unknown orientation out?

>>5651773
This. This so much.
>>
>>5653307
Have you tried asking about past relationships?. Maybe that person thinks the same about you and that would prompt a "clue" for you
>>
>>5652429
No, but being unaware/inconsiderate of the risk is.

Especially when it can be avoided by being able to open up some dialogue without spilling spaghetti, which autists also cannot be expected to do.

Only reason I say it is because it's a major problem everywhere outside of lgbt problems too and everyone always says the same thing as I do and everyone has an excuse.
>>
>>5653359
That's a huge, stupid waste of time. You're the autist if you think social encounters are such labyrinthine things full of pomp and consequence. There is literally nothing wrong with being proactive in your dating life.

There's invisible faggots everywhere.
>>
SEVERAL TIMES, especially in high school. I'm pretty bad at guessing other people's orientation
>>
>>5651063

>at ralphs in the gay district
>see qt3.14 working at the cheese both
>have way too long a conversation about cheese
>he lets me sample all the cheeses
>cuts me up some special half sized block to take home
>hes really dorky and cute, says things like 'dude'
>has tons of pictures of pokemon up at his workplace
>dorky enough to know what a tyrannitar is, and tall enough to be one
>i leave my card
>tell him to call me if he wnats to talk more pokemon or any other pretense to meet up
>seven days later i post this
>still no qt cheese man in my life

convinced hes straight. would figure. i cant seem to ever meet legitimately dorky cute guys if they are gay.
>>
>>5653483
Damn you're brave for just askin and in high school even more power to ya
>>
>>5653472
There's nothing wrong with it if you don't actually respect the people you are asking out enough to give a shit if they reject you. Otherwise, yeah, you need to show some fucking tact.
>>
>>5653350
Knowing this guy, I'm almost certain he's never had any relationships. Not only is our entire town fairly antilegbutt; but we're both nerds.
I've managed to finalise a plan, though:
>Be British
>LGBT history month coming up
>Complain about it, in the typical British manner that one would
>Gauge reaction
>If he asks why it bothers me so much
>>"As a gay myself, I don't like colours and feel-good disco-pop, and I feel bad that everyone else has to be subjected to it thanks to my minority group!"
>>"Oh, I didn't know you were gay..."
Then something may or may not happen.
>>
>>5653513
You're turning it into a circus based on nothing. Have you even dated before at all? Asking someone out isn't an insult. A rejection is not such a horror. Why are you so eager to spread your irrational fear? What answer do you have for the wasted time, the poor chances without taking your own, and most importantly the many many people you could be dating that aren't flamingly visible?
>>
>>5653513
How do you have so little respect for yourself, that you're treating the attempt like an affliction?
>>
>>5651063
Asked this super cute guy that I worked with. I thought he was bi or at least curious. We buddied up due to common sense of humor. After a couple of beers one night, I plucked up the courage and asked him if I could take him out sometime. He politely declined, but we still hang out.
>>
>>5653493
go back to the store and ask him out yourself.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.