[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feelings for a friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Dillema.png (312 KB, 460x696) Image search: [Google]
Dillema.png
312 KB, 460x696
I have feelings for a friend of mine and I want to find out if he is gay or not.
How should I go about bringing the topic up with him? I want to make it seem fairly natural, so I can gauge his reaction before proceeding. He's fairly open-minded, as far as I'm aware, but if I approach the topic wrong or come out too quickly, he might freak out and stop talking to me.
Our school is celebrating "LGBT History Month" over February, so my current plan is to try to work this into a conversation.

Any tips or tricks for success?
>>
>>5640772
Well don't confront him directly.
Start somewhere else and slowly carry the conversation to him.

All I have is my own experience of crushing on a friend, and to summarise that would be 'me doing exactly everything I shouldn't have done for about 5 years'.

So I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you what not to do.
>>
>>5640772
Are you out of closet?
How close are you?
Do you have any hints that he might be gay or bi?
>>
File: [disappointment].gif (1 MB, 478x360) Image search: [Google]
[disappointment].gif
1 MB, 478x360
>have feelings for best friend
>tell him frequently
>say rather bold things whenever i get drunk
>half of all our text conversations are just me flirting
>rest my head on his shoulder every opportunity
>sometimes even lay my head on his lap
>he puts his arm around me when i do this, sometimes plays with my hair
>likes to pat my head
>still doesn't like to admit he loves me and completely rejects any kind of relationship
i'll have him one day, but i know it'll only be on his terms
>>
>>5641335
Suck his dick.
You know, as bros.
Just a casual brojob.
Something friends do.
>>
>>5640772
I once got real drunk with my friends and one friend publicly blurted out that he wants to fuck me up the ass....i t was really awkward but I was drunk enough to find it a little bit appealing, although he is ugly as fuck. I suggest you do the same.
>>
>>5641343
>You know, as bros.
i'm trans tho
also he's not very fond of sexual intimacy in any capacity with anyone
>>
>>5640772
>LGBT history month

Are you fucking kidding me.... Just as dumb as black history month.
>>
>>5641037
>Are you out of closet?
To some people. For the most part, I work on an "ask if you want to know" policy.

>How close are you?
We're fairly close. It wouldn't be awkward if I just sat down and started a conversation in most cases. Still, I've tried not to let myself get so close that it would just be downright wrong to ask him out.

>Do you have any hints that he might be gay or bi?
He's said some fairly questionable stuff before which has made me wonder. Not to mention that we never spoke in the past until about 8 months into knowing of each other, when he just a full blown conversation with me.
He once did make a fairly big deal out of selecting "Heterosexual" on a form, saying that he didn't know what it meant. While this would normally have led me to think he were straight, he is very smart, so I really do doubt that he wouldn't have known that word, while everyone else in the class would have. Also, we got to finish the forms at home, so he could have easily changed the answer privately. I'm still not sure if he actually had no idea what it meant or if he noticed that other people could easily see what he was entering on the form.
>>
>>5641376
>trans
Doesn't mean you can't be his bro.
It'd be more of a sis, but you get the point.

>he's not very fond of sexual intimacy in any capacity with anyone
That can easily be solved with alcohol.
>>
>>5641412
The entire thing is about as stupid as it sounds. Loudfags paint rainbows everywhere and dance around to Lady Gaga, while the rest of us (relatively) normal people just awkwardly try to avoid staring or laughing at them.
It's embarrassing.
>>
>>5641418
>He once did make a fairly big deal out of selecting "Heterosexual" on a form, saying that he didn't know what it meant.
BULLSHIT.
>>
>>5641420
>That can easily be solved with alcohol.
he doesn't drink though
i must be subtle like poison and weaken his defenses until he finally says he loves me
or maybe i'll make a food he can eat for him
>>
>>5641455
I remember almost exactly how that part of the conversation went.
>"Hey, it doesn't say "straight" here."
>"Yeah it does; Heterosexual."
>"Oh, is that what that means?"

At first I felt like he was telling the truth, but the more I think about it, the less likely it seems that a 17-year-old (at the time), straight A student would have no idea what "Heterosexual" means.
>>
>>5641505
you'd be surprised how astonishingly stupid "smart" people can be
>>
>>5641469
>he doesn't drink though
One of those guys.
>i must be subtle like poison and weaken his defenses until he finally says he loves me
Just spike his drink with whatever it is that causes a man to get an almost painful erection until they get off. Then just apply mouth to cock treatment.
>>
>>5641443
Ugh, and this is why they hate us...
>>
>>5641505
When a form says "heterosexual" then usually it'll say "homosexual" right next to it, so even if he honestly didn't know what heterosexual meant, he certainly knows what homosexual means.

>a 17-year-old (at the time), straight A student would have no idea what "Heterosexual" means.
Yeah no that's just retarded.
>>
>>5641541
>this is why they hate us
They've done so perfectly without our help, so really it doesn't matter.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.