[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4chan what did you say to comfort your parents when you came out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Bees-flying-jpg.jpg (58 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Bees-flying-jpg.jpg
58 KB, 620x349
when i came out as transgender i said to my dad, "don't think of it so much as losing a son, as your son is a tranny"

the pic is of bees
>>
>>5633260
>don't think of it so much as losing a son, as you fucked up and raised a degenerate faggot
>>
>>5633291
i also said that to him
>>
Didn't actually say anything to comfort my mom because she was super supportive and even seems kind of relieved/glad that she finally knows and can help me with the problem that's turned me into a depressed fuck since I started puberty.

I haven't came out to my dad yet but I'm thinking I might have to give him the "don't worry I still like girls" line
>>
It's just a prank bro
>>
>t's not as if I'll even find a bf
>>
>comforting your parents
HAH.
>>
>>5633487
Same here, she even called some places cause she was worried I'd kill myself. She was just sad she'd probably not become a grandma.
>>
>>5633260
I convinced them that I: had my friends' support, so I wouldn't be lonely; knew other people who has gone through (and are undergoing) transition, so I had experience and other similar perspectives to look to; was happier and had more to look forward to than ever and; still loved them and wanted them in my life.

They're still having some trouble with it, but they're getting better, and conversions are much less awkward.
>>
>>5633260
"don't worry mum I never wore your clothes or makeup this shit looks hideous anyway"
>>
>>5633820
Tomboy trannies are the best.
>>
>>5633260
when i realized i enjoyed wearing female clothes it was like all my past lifetimes from 1 million years ago exploded in my brain and then i got bored and now i just dress to fit in with nirvana fans.
>>
>>5633260
>comfort your parents when you came out
>when you came out
Hohohohohohohohohohohohoho
>>
>>5634182
santa it's okay if you want to transition. everyone will still love you because you give us presents
>>
>>5633820
i don't get it though.... you still look hideous? does that mean your mom's actually kinda hot?

>>5633824
aka hons
>>
>>5635520
Hons dollop lots of makeup on.
>>
>>5635520
A tomboy is nothing like a hon...
>>
>>5635520
>i don't get it though
what don't you get ?
>you still look hideous?
nobody i know irl thinks that but idk
>does that mean your mom's actually kinda hot?
idk do you like hard butch ?
>>
>>5633260
"No mom no one molested me as a child. No mom I dont have aids."

that was it.
>>
>came out to parents last summer
>the day after, we sit at a table to discuss things
>start talking about how I knew I was trans since 12
>I tell them how I've always felt different
>tell them how I've always wanted to be a girl
>parents look sad
>I'm sad
>start thinking of a way to comfort them
>dad gets up
>points at me
>looks at my mom
>dad says "SEE, I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD HAVE NEVER LET HIM WATCH THAT FAGGET ANIME SHIT!!!!!!"
>mom is tearing up "I DIDN"T THINK HE WOULD TURN OUT THIS WAY!!!"
>dad goes into my room
>I chase after him
>dad starts tearing anime posters off the wall
>mom comes in and says "He's always on the computer talking to strangers. I think those strangers put it in his head!"
>dad looks at my $1500 gaming rig
>dad looks like hes about to smash it
>I yell "YOU"RE RIGHT, ANIME MADE ME TRANS!!!"
>dad backs off rig, finishes tearing down posters and throws collectibles away
>no longer allowed to watch anime
>>
Since this is the only Coming out thread

I have been a depressive fuck since puberty, tried to kill myself more than once, and been in a psychiatric clinic once with electroshock because antidepressants didnt do anything for me.
At 19 I told my mom for the first time I wanted to be a female, and dress like a female. She got sad and angry at me, telling me I was a degenerate, etc.
One of the few times I was happy was when I started crossdressing at 21/22 years old.
At 22 she caught me crossdressing, so she hitted me, threaten me about kicking me from home and told me to quit doing it and quit being feminine. Since I live in a poor country and I cant afford a place to live with a job, I had to quit crossdressing.
I tried to explain her that no matter the way I feel, I will still be the same person I am in what matter, I will still love them as parents, I will still be a good person.
My mother probably thinks I enjoy putting things in my ass and I fuck with my friends. When Im the most reserved person I know, I dont even get along with the trannies on /lgbt/ because they always talking about sex.
She paid therapy for me to stop being a faggot.

I still cant believe things turned out this way.
>>
>>5636475
Sorry to read that, but good call not letting him destroy your PC
>>
File: 1409927361399.gif (14 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1409927361399.gif
14 KB, 633x758
>>5636475

>I expected something like this
>They're actually not overreacting
>Still not on board, but not overreacting

Things turned out better than expected.
>>
>>5633260

Just the stuff below.

>>5633532

My father thought I was pranking him.

>>5633820

I said that, I didn't wear my mother's clothing, but I think my dad just thought that made me less trutrans.

>>5636244

My dad asked me if I had been molested again (he asked me throughout childhood) when I came out, more than once too, I think.
>>
>>5636475
Wow. Great story.
>>
>>5636756
Which country?
>>
>>5636756
can you green text this so i can read it?
>>
>>5633260
No homo guys.
>>
>>5633260
nothing, they accepted me immediately.
>>
I'm a little jealous of all the people whose parents asked if they were molested. My mom never asked me.
Years later when I finally told her I was molested, she called me a liar, then told me I needed to get over it and so bring dramatic, then said it was my fault for not running away, then told me I was a monster.
>>
>implying
Nah
>>
i just told my mom that i'm trans and then told her to let that sink in and process it and we can talk about it later.
coming out shouldn't be that big of a deal. if your parents/guardians/whatever are over religious just don't tell them and move out asap.
>>
>>5645906

I didn't think about it from that point of view, anon. My dad just asked because he cared, though he cared the wrong way. That must suck to be completely denied like that. The monster comment is about whatever you came out as, right?
>>
>>5633824
what my parents got most upset about was whether i was straight or gay so i took the opportunity to also come out as bi
then i had to reassure them that i'm not dating anyone and don't plan to
>>5635642
iunno people tend to think i'm pretty garbage
the weirdest thing is my best friend telling me i'm not enough of a tomboy
>>
>>5646914
wow i am garbage
that first sentence was supposed to be on its own and the second sentence was in response to both of those quotes
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.