[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do most mtf's on here "want to be women"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 398542_700b.jpg (32 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
398542_700b.jpg
32 KB, 480x352
i've been thinking about this a lot lately and i feel like society and the trans community really push you to seek out this ideal of being a woman. you're supposed to identify strictly as a woman, and try everything you can to prove you're just a normal woman at heart. but i don't understand why that would have any appeal or make any sense when i can't think of a single thing that all cisgender women have in common, other than two x chromosomes and being referred to as women. i can't even see a chromosome or talk to a chromosome or anything like that, so i figure it would be weird to care about not having one. and what's the point in needing to be referred to specifically as a woman? i am what i am and no word is going to change that. as far as i'm concerned it doesn't really matter if people think i'm a woman, a man, or a fish. what matters is that i'm comfortable with my body, that i feel free to explore my femininity, and that i can be myself without feeling insecure about it. so why should i try to be anything in particular other than a well-adjusted, well-rounded, kind person?
>>
i'm sorry about the wall of text but i just had a lot of thoughts that i wanted to get out

if you only read the title and respond to that then that's ok. i'm not expecting anyone to trudge through a wall of text when they don't want to
>>
>>5632525
You already said that everyone is different.

I'm just nervous what picture of myself I show if I'm so obviously trans but don't try to fit into a female role at all.
Afterall I very much do want to be seen as female and I feel I got a lot of shortcomings to compensate for.
I think this would be much less of a concern if I pass.
>>
earlier today a guy told me i wasn't trans because i said i don't want to be a woman. he said it doesn't matter that i take hormones, or that i mostly wear clothing for women, or that i wear makeup, or that i'm training my voice to be less resonant/higher, etc. if i don't have a strong feeling that i'm a woman, then i'm not trans. but i don't understand why anyone would try to be a woman when the word doesn't even really mean much of anything. i feel like it actually means a lot more to say that i'm feminine than to say that i'm a woman
>>
>>5632553
but isn't that more of a matter of coping with your insecurities? is the real problem that you aren't conforming closely enough to an ideal image, or that you're acting out of fear and self-consciousness?

i understand wanting to look good. i'm really insecure about my appearance. but at the same time i don't want to indulge in my insecurities, i want to get better at overcoming them
>>
>>5632577
>closely enough to an ideal image
I don't think it's an ideal image when you can turn it into a persistent stereotype. Women just commonly tend to do some things.

>i don't want to indulge in my insecurities, i want to get better at overcoming them
And I don't wanna seem oblivious

If that works for you, great, but it took me years as guy to shed my insecurities, and it will be the same when someday after surgeries I'm at least hopefully happy with my looks.
But as long as I don't like what I see in the mirror, I can't see myself not being self-conscious.

All the looks I get as some subjectively perfectly andro being don't really help my confidence either.
>>
>>5632556
Bone density, chromosomes, menstruation, internal reproductive organ, female body center of gravity, and other mental capacities like female spatial awareness. You are very far from being a woman. In fact if we were animals you would be a whole other sub species but not a female.
>>
>>5632642
but why should i care
>>
mmmmm i really need them dense bones. if only i could menstruate my life would be perfect. every day i wake up and cry a few tears for my manly spatial awareness. if only my spatial awareness weren't so jacked i would be so happy
>>
>>5632642
>>5632762
If there's one thing undoubtedly female about me, it's my spatial awareness...
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.