[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At the highschool I currently attend there was a board meeting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: 2016-01-29 20.06.46.jpg (312 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-29 20.06.46.jpg
312 KB, 1024x575
At the highschool I currently attend there was a board meeting deciding whether or not boys should be able to grow their hair out, or wear earrings. They lost in a 4-3 vote, so gender expression is lost here. A bunch of my friends and I all cross-dressed today to make a statement. And hopefully the school will change the dress code, as they are in violation of California law. Has this happened before to any of you guys? It's also going on the news.
>pic related, me in green dress
>>
Can schools really control hair length and piercings?
>>
how long are they allowed to grow their hair out?
>>
>>5631809
Yeah, it's a matter of distinguishing our schools from the ghetto ones.
>>5631819
Can't be longer than a shirt collar, cover your eyes, or go over your ears.
>>
>>5631798
Fucking fags. Why can't you just fit into society and be degenerates on your own time. You got to fag everything up for the rest of us.
>>
File: 1453284513150.png (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453284513150.png
69 KB, 500x500
>>5631798
Wow. That sounds pretty fucked up.

Good for you I guess OP.
>>
>>5631798
What's next on the agenda, anon? Forcing schoolgirls to share showers and restrooms with cross-dressing males?

You disgust me.
>>
>>5632031
That's obviously correct.
>>
>>5631798
>I couldnt get the rules changed thtough civilized means
>Now Im gonna be a complete degenerate and throw tantrums because my opinion i worth more than others
>>
>>5631798
Wow, my first school ditched those requirements back in the '60s.
>>
You should just keep crossdressing until they get smart and change the law.
>>
>>5631798
while that's a really backwards rulement, I wouldn't put it in the 'gender expresion is lost' category. Not all boys who wear earrings and have long hair are transgender.

In any case, you should be making a statement that says that if you are a boy and are transgender, you should be considered a female and have the rules made for them apply to you.
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-06.jpg (24 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-06.jpg
24 KB, 495x495
>>5632115
>civil disobedience is degenerate

GTFO bootlicker
>>
If boys are disallowed from having long hair and wearing jewelry then the girls should be prohibited from having short hair and wearing jewelry. The rule is sexist and misandrist, you should call them out on it.
>>
good luck, OP. hope you succeed.
>>
>>666158285
>>5631828
That's more strict than a lot of prisons
>>
>>5631828
>Yeah, it's a matter of distinguishing our schools from the ghetto ones

But it's not? If anything your school can get social justice brownie points for being all queer and shit.

I've worked at a school actually the ghetto schools as you put it are the ones that inform stricter dress codes/uniforms. It's because there's a lot more variance in what black kids wear than white kids. White girls typically have similar hairstyles but when you get into weaves and shit that's fuel for the fire for bullying. Also if some kids have been bullied or attacked for wearing nice clothes because they were accused for spending what little money they have on needless things.
>>
>>5631798
Haha, that's actually pretty awesome of y'all. Now you and your friends should all become transbians. That'll really stick it to the man!
>>
>>5631798
Equality shouldn't be a vote. Make a change.org petition
>>
>>5632174
The ways in which OP and his schoolmates are free to express themselves, as members of their gender, are being harshly limited. Their protest is not that they are not free to present themselves as their chosen gender, but that they are not free, as men, to express that gender in a way that is true to them.

Organizations and institutions have claimed dominion over their members' image. But it's not theirs, and it's in the best interest of society, queer or not, that we level criticism at these practices. The power structures dictating and enforcing gender roles must face dissent if any of us are going to be free. They've been led to believe we'll subscribe to their whims unchallenged for far too long already.

>>5631798
Good show, OP. I sincerely hope you can all force the school to revisit its regressive policy.
>>
File: jimmies rustled 2.gif (258 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
jimmies rustled 2.gif
258 KB, 500x380
>>5631798
>can't grow their hair
Yeah like I'd cut my 5 year long hair because a school got autistic.
>>
>>5631798
You have no reason to follow a school decision which is so obviously against the law and the most basic human rights.
That said, I cringed pretty hard at that picture, including at the obvious man in a green dress.
>>
>>5631798
w2c that "GOLF" shirt
>>
You guys are so fucking annoying I can already tell.
>>
>>5631798
QUESTION:

Is it a private school?
>>
>>5633329
>The ways in which OP and his schoolmates are free to express themselves, as members of their gender, are being harshly limited. Their protest is not that they are not free to present themselves as their chosen gender, but that they are not free, as men, to express that gender in a way that is true to them.

True, but that's a smaller part of a bigger problem, which is not letting people express themselves period. As a consequence, some would feel that they are not allowed to express their gender because of that, but that wouldn't be the case for the majority.

Making this a gender issue will result in a mindset of boys with long hair = crossdressers, and then the ones that are not transgender would still not be able to have long hair without their gender being questioned.
>>
>>5631798
Drop out of school, pull your children out of school and raise them the right way. Kids should be outside running around in the sun, or in the rain reading their own books they like and eating breakfast lunch and dinner.
>>
File: badged_blazers_badged_2.jpg (69 KB, 470x293) Image search: [Google]
badged_blazers_badged_2.jpg
69 KB, 470x293
>tfw had to wear uniform.
>>
File: 409.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
409.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>5631798
>tfw you can tell the ftms are the short round ones
>>
>>5633861
But it is a gender issue. Specifically, schools like OP's are dictating how persons of any gender are allowed to express and experience themselves. As is often the case, the official line of these policies holds men to a very limited range of options in personal appearance. Everyone deserves better, and it's good that guys are becoming more involved in fighting for their own liberation. These policies need to be buried in our dark past, and utter rejection of them is a moral response.
>>
>>5633385
>You have no reason to follow a school decision which is so obviously against the law and the most basic human rights.
I've read up a bit on it, apparently the courts, even higher ones, have consistently and constantly sided with the discriminating anti crossdressing rules especially when it comes to boys crossdressing. There were multiple rulings how it's not gender discrimination, apparently, to allow girls to wear skirts or pants but to only limit boys to pants in the dress code and such
>>
>>5633894
our blazers didn't even fit us, they were terrible.
>>
File: 1447053794339.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1447053794339.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>5633381
yeah i'd just tell them to fuck off and look how I want
>>
>>5631809
kek UK and we had people who had to go to the headteacher's office and have their heads shaved at the start of the day because they'd dyed their hair
>>
>>5631798
what a bunch of fucking fags.
>>
>>5634244
>But it is a gender issue

Did you even read my post? I didn't say it wasn't. I'm just saying that it is not ONLY a gender issue, and that there's a bigger problem which is not letting people express themselves which affects not only trans people. It is not only a gender issue, it is a freedom of speech issue.

Making it only a gender issue will end up in the solution being targetted at those who struggle with their gender identity, and not to the entirety of people who was opressed by the rulement.
>>
>>5633894
Wearing uniform was the best desu

You didn't have to waste time thinking about what to wear in the morning, and no one would make fun of your clothes if you had shit taste (which I know I had)
>>
>>5635951
I don't know, I always had my outfit chosen in just a few minutes. I usually got compliments on them too.
>>
>>5631798
>A bunch of my friends and I all cross-dressed today to make a statement.

Fighting for your right to be effeminate degenerates.
The only right highschool cunts are interested, these days. Go, this country is so fucked.
>>
>>5635944
But, you're actually the only person in this thread to suggest this was a trans issue. The class of social categorization these restrictions are based on and being applied to is "gender". Trans people are not the only people being hurt and hindered by gender role enforcing social structures, pretty much everyone is.

It is an issue of personal expression. The justification is gender. Gender expression is the specific thing being limited.
>>
>>5636508
What other rights should we be fighting for?
>>
>>5631798
>GOLF shirt
I already like
>>
>>5631798
What kind of crap is this? I went to high school in Texas and we were allowed to have long hair and earring.

I seriously doubt the school could get away with expelling you for having long hair. No self-respecting court would uphold that decision.
>>
>>5631911
>why cant everyone just do what i want them to, because im an easily triggered faggot?
back to tumblr dumb PC sjw
>>
My school had a similar rule against slut slacks, but it was for both genders, and guys got a rule agains shirts with cut off sleeves to prevent "muh discrimation.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 703x703) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 703x703
>>5637269
>>
>>5637120
>I seriously doubt the school could get away with expelling you for having long hair. No self-respecting court would uphold that decision.
this has been happening to black kids for years
>>
>>5631798
You guys should all have worn long wigs, and clip on earrings for the protest. Crossdressing wasn't needed.

Thankfully the 2 schools I went to were much more enlightened.

I'd have rebelled and grown my hair out, and maybe even have gotten piercings. I had the guts to do it to grandma when I was 6 or 7. I even resisted a couple $100 bribes. One visit, grandma complained to mom that my hair was touching my ears. Not a hair on my head was over 3/4" long. Being girly in nature I wanted long hair and rebelled. I didn't allow it to be cut for years. Just split end removal and ends trimmed up. Eventually it was below my waist. My sophomore year of HS I cut over a foot off and curled it because it worked well when dressed as a guy or girl.

>>5631911
>2016
getting worked up about protesting lack of freedom of expression.
>>
>>5631798
>crossdressed for one day to make a statement
>"DONT WORRY GUYS, ITS JUST A STATEMENT"

do it 24.7 until you win.
>>
Why? Does your libtard high school think that it is cultural appropriation from women?
>>
>>5631798
When I was at school couple of teachers, head teacher and director were forcing me to cut my hair short.
At the beginning of my last year (11 grade) I persisted and refused to do so. I was frighten expelling, but I gave a zero fuck. For every week passed they cared less and less, so at the end of the school I could wear long hair freely
>>
>>5631798
>At the highschool I currently attend

MODS
>>
>>5645557
>all high schoolers are underage
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.