[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT video games that help you cope with dysphoria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13
Idk why but this game helped me with dysphoria and finding out that I was trans

No idea why but I like the game
>>
>>5626689
I'm pretty sure most transgirls have/are/will soon play it

it's just one of those fads that spreads throughout their community
>>
>>5626689
metroid. its so nice to play a game with a female lead with no fanservice and hasnt been pinkified in any way. its a travesty there arent more games like this. even mass effect doesnt even get close.
>>
>>5626689
i played LiS and strangely enjoyed it
later on i found out i was a tranny.
life is strange.
>>
>>5626689
>>5626706
Enjoyed it and few months later im thinking i might be trans
Coincidence?
>>
>>5626928
probably?
>>
>>5626689
>finding out that I was trans
explain
>>
File: 1428831491334.jpg (76 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1428831491334.jpg
76 KB, 600x800
>>5626956
>>
>>5626969
i don't understand
how could it take someone that long to identify the source of their discomfort?
it's not like you became aware of being male or female because of Prof. Birch
>>
So... I watched a playthrough of that game, was almost constantly was jealous of how that Chloe character looks and sounds while watching that playthrough. But I'm totally cis right?

When rolepaying in WoW I naturally play as a passive, caring female character because it just feels more true to myself. But I'm totally cis right?

When playing GTA V online, my first instinct was to create a female character, because it felt more true to myself. I thought, I'm a straight white man, I need to be manly... thus I went on to create a male character, and stopped in the middle of it, because such a strong feeling of wrongness came about in me. I found myself thinking while playing as that female character and changing my outfit, "Oh gosh, that's so cute, I wish I had boobs and a butt like that. I would LOVE to wear that in real life." But I'm totally cis right?

When people post random pictures of Jessica Nigri around, the first thing that comes to my mind is, "I wish I had big boobs." But I'm totally cis right?

Whenever I see a girl, fictional or real that I'm jealous of, I immediately click away or close the game because real men don't want to be girls. And those feelings are for pussies. But I'm totally cis right?

I am cis, right?
>>
>>5627025
moreso than i am, but i've admitted to not being cis
>>
>>5626988
>it's not like you became aware of being male or female because of Prof. Birch
It's just a joke really. I hope that nobody has seriously had their pivotal first thoughts of being female and not wanting to be male from playing a video game. And that goes for the OP, too.
>that long
I understand where you're coming from but the comic depicts a pretty young looking kid/teen, and trans are confused while growing up because they are raised as male from birth. The joke is playing off the emotion when they put it all together and realize they are trans
>>
>>5627134
i think i understand
>>
>>5627134
well yeah i had trans feelings before LIS but it helped seal the deal and helped cope with dysphoria
>>
>>5627025
>But I'm totally cis right?
Git thee to a gender therapist and talk it though before it's to late.
>>
I've been slowly playing through LiS lately and find it really helps me feel better on my worse days. Mtf on mones here
>>
File: nwmain 2013-03-13 05-01-11-59.png (99 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
nwmain 2013-03-13 05-01-11-59.png
99 KB, 1360x768
This Neverwinter Nights module
http://adwr.wikia.com/wiki/A_Dance_with_Rogues
>>
File: the_dankest_meme.png (567 KB, 1246x748) Image search: [Google]
the_dankest_meme.png
567 KB, 1246x748
Lisa

The main character goes through a world where all the females are gone. Its full of at best weird but mostly hostile men so sex starved they all act like teenage boys and get excited at the thought of finding the 10 year old girl (the only female left in the world) you're searching for and raping the shit out of her. Throughout the game the character you play as gets shit on constantly even when he "does the right thing."

>the first party member you get is Terry, an effeminate man who doesn't seem to know how to be a man, likes to dance, has perpetual beard stubble and hates himself
>The Honeybee Inn
>one of your party members is a drag queen addicted to the games equivalent of Crack
>>
>>5626689
I am MtF on hormones and I hate this game. Can't relate to the main character. Using Polaroid in 21th century? Absolute stupidity.
>>
Been playing lots of Halo and Battlefront. Competitive games can be a good outlet for my stress but honestly sometimes it backfires and I get frustrated.

Played tons of Fallout 4 because I'm a Fallout fan and been meaning to play Tomb Raider DE but haven't had time.

I play a male stormtrooper and spartan, and female rebel and vault dweller. I've always swung between both genders in games. Games were always a great escape even before I knew wtf my deal was.

Never played Life is Strange, probably never will unless it ends up being one of XBox's games with gold.(That's how I got Tomb Raider)
>>
>>5626689
Oh my god this character reminds me SO much of myself. I have the exact same haircut, hair color, style and general build. If my nose was smaller and I was 15lbs lighter I'd look just like her.

Is this game actually fun to play??? I may buy it.
>>
>implying I'm not too depressed to commit to videogames anymore
But yeah multiplayer games as a girl are where it's at.
>>
>>5626689
>mfw I'm trans and played with this with my other trans friend
>>
>>5629166
>implying I'm not too depressed to commit to videogames anymore

That... Hit strangely close to home.
>>
File: 4GcvLc9.jpg (221 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
4GcvLc9.jpg
221 KB, 700x525
>play MGO
>make female character
>90% of her gear options are utilitarian, no boob armor
>can be the badass person I want to be and have control over the battlefield, even if I have no control over my life
>>
>>5629601
There is some boob armor, but there is also butt armor for the dudes
>>
>>5629723
Every female character I see is

>bikini armor
>beret
>Sunglasses

The outfit offers no tactical advantage whatsoever
>>
Animal crossing was great. Got to dress up a qt girl and escape reality
>>
Maybe it's a coincidence because I got into the series about the same time I was figuring trans stuff out, but this game feels like a pretty big factor in it.

If we can all agree LiS is the definitive transgirl game, I'm pretty sure this is the ftm equivalent
>>
TF2, MGSV:TPP, Civ 5 complete edition because fuck not haing expansions. Also, RuneScape. All those. And Skyrim. And Oblivion. >__>
>>
>>5628749

>repressed mtf autist
>socially awkward as fuck despite dysphoria
>had an interest in photography as a kid but my mom would get mad at me for not taking photos with people
>later went to community college and took a photography class
>too sperg to show up to classes after a while and dropped out
>made friends with a tattooed punk lesbo qt
>she eventually dropped me because of my shy ways like everybody else
>playing LIS feels like a laugh I could have had growing up if I didn't have shit parents and got to be the little girl
>>
>>5626689
Didn't help me cope with dysphoria or anything, and was already getting ready to transition. But I did like this game, and I would definitely attribute part of it to being able to vicariously live out some womance I never really had.
>>
>>5630241
right? fuck everyone who doesn't have expansions
also R U N E S C A P E
>>
>>5630179

What the heck does MGS have to do with FTMs?
>>
>>5630446

>socially awkward as fuck despite dysphoria

Surely you mean because of dysphoria (even if only partly).

>>5630446

>had an interest in photography as a kid but my mom would get mad at me for not taking photos with people

Why are mothers so neurotic?

>>5630241
>>5630881

Yeah, RuneScape alright.

>when you realize the other reason the quest was called RECRUITMENT Drive
>>
>>5626705
you best be talking about old samus

zero suit samus is such trash compared to power suit samus
>>
>>5630943
Yeah Zero Suit Samus is crazy obvious fan service.
>>
>>5630936
hahah fuck that's accurate
>>
File: Terry.png (2 MB, 6600x3000) Image search: [Google]
Terry.png
2 MB, 6600x3000
>>5628731
There aren't many games where there are status conditions for depression or drug withdrawal (which are both incurable and crippling), and where the player character can lose both of their arms and therefore their ability to perform the basic "Attack" command.
>>
>>5628731
>if the game was about a boy and a bunch of sex-depraved women it would've been extremely offensive

:^)
>>
>>5630890
I just know a lot of ftms who really like it. What do any of the games itt have to do with trans people?
>>
So I played this weeaboo game in 2009. Then I read Wandering Son the year after. Then I came out the year after that.

Fragile just makes me nostalgic for a time before I'd figured everything out and though I'm glad I'm no longer in the dark about my gender it was sort of exciting to figure it out and I miss those days. I don't know why.
>>
File: Seto_Merchant_Bonfire.png (742 KB, 1350x760) Image search: [Google]
Seto_Merchant_Bonfire.png
742 KB, 1350x760
>>5631271
Actually, that's not true. I do know why. The main character is a cute shota in a dress. One of the character's a gay android. It all takes place in this overgrown environment that reminds me of the rural Ontario village I grew up in.

My parents were away when I played it in the summer. Lots of time to myself to think.
>>
File: 1417243065355.png (103 KB, 311x353) Image search: [Google]
1417243065355.png
103 KB, 311x353
>>5631240

>I just know a lot of ftms who really like it

You have to be soulless to not enjoy MGS.
>>
>>5626689
>helped me with dysphoria
I had the exact opposite reaction. Haven't finished more than the first episode, and I'm really liking the story/setting, but it's hard to play it without it triggering ">tfw you will never grow up as an actual girl" feelings.
>>5631271
What type of game is this? Looks interesting
>>
>>5626689
Roleplaying
>>
>>5626988
>Prof. Birch
THAT'S PROF OAK YOU LITTLE SHIT
>>
>>5633538
Roleplaying made me discover what an awesome woman I could be if I didn't have some social issues...
Tomboy, but still a feminine side.
Such a tease.
>>
File: Space-Marine-Video-Game.jpg (100 KB, 691x415) Image search: [Google]
Space-Marine-Video-Game.jpg
100 KB, 691x415
Unironically.
>>
File: spacemarine-3.jpg (605 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine-3.jpg
605 KB, 1920x1080
Stomping around, smashing through shit, destroying whatever's in your way, half an hour in I was just like "Fuck yeah! this is what it means to be a man, this owns!

....oh"
>>
>>5626689
>>5633420

>>5629000 here. Yep.... I had that reaction. It was extremely depressing for me. I'm in college now, but my lifestyle is nothing like hers. It just made me wish I was born (or at least socialized) female. I think I'm going to fem up my room today. That'll probably help with my dysphoria a bit..
>>
>>5631271 >>5633420
really lovely adventure game, its not well-known and maybe gameplay is lacking a bit, but the atmosphere and setting are amazing, it really puts you back in childhood and has touching moments
>>
File: hatsune miku00703.jpg (305 KB, 740x858) Image search: [Google]
hatsune miku00703.jpg
305 KB, 740x858
>>5633803
Sapphire was the first one where I chose to be the girl...
>>
>>5629908
Yes it does, it gets the opponent thinking with their small brain and that kills their effectiveness.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.