[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Trans people" BTFO. >former psychiatrist-in-c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11
File: 1453856513732.jpg (98 KB, 502x745) Image search: [Google]
1453856513732.jpg
98 KB, 502x745
"Trans people" BTFO.

>former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry
>author of six books and at least 125 peer-reviewed medical articles
> transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible"
>"people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder"
> London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”
>transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate

so trannys are officially mentally unstable (but we all knew that anyway). Where were you when trans got btfo by a well respected shrink that gives no fuck about your non sis feelings.

do trans people need our sympathy because they are mentally ill?

should they be hospitalized as soon as possible?

what causes them to feel this way?

what do you think /lgbt/
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change
>>
Well true, that's probably why I thought "HRT will definitely make me feel better". A year later, still feel like shit, then got FFS and thought "this is it, I'm finally going to be done with this bullshit". Now I'm at the point where I think SRS is going to be the final piece of the puzzle. Why does any of this shit matter?
>>
>>5624250
And your point is...?
None of that is any news?

That guy is literally /pol/-tier retarded.

>"They're ill, we must treat them"
>And how?
>"Fuck do I know."

Sorry, but someone who even confuses transgender and transsexual is hardly respectable.
>>
>>5624278
>How to help them? I don't know, but I'd imagine telling doctors the whole truth about chronic masturbation to sissy captions would help.
>>
>>5624272

If you're legit, you have to focus on yourself, see a shrink, soul searching, backpacking through China i dunno.

Plently of trannies get a bunch of work done and are still unhappy in the end. Transition can fix a lot but not everything.
>>
>>5624302
>the whole truth about chronic masturbation to sissy captions
Literally never did that.
Think this shit through first. And not a 4chan perspective. Then come back when you actually have an idea.
>>
>>5624334
Tell me you don't see a thread here every single day of guys who strongly desire to become a man's fuckhole. In fact, browse every trans-forum on the internet for this. It exists, and it isn't rare.
>>
>>5624250
But why did you feel the need to post this here? Just to be Contrarian? Or are you looking for a negative reaction?
>>
>>5624250
The same guy that says homosexuality is a choice, and the cause of pedophilia in the Catholic Church? Right, totally gonna listen to him on progressive issues.

Also, here's the author of the infamous post surgery suicide rates talking about how her study is misrepresented by media. http://www.transadvocate.com/fact-check-study-shows-transition-makes-trans-people-suicidal_n_15483.htm

>tldr; g8 b8 m8 5/7
>>
>>5624350
And I'd gladly see all the non-transsexual transgenders gassed. They absolutely nuked our credibility, nontheless, they're queer, I refuse to call them trans.
I mean it's obvious there's like 20% transsexuals and the rest are just queers, but I refuse to accept such generalization under a transgender term.
You can literally do whatever if you just call it gender. Make up all sorts of new definitions, people will think you're smart.
>>
>>5624350
Pretty much every cis girl I know gets off on being a big strong man's fuck hole. It's a pretty common kink, Trans or cis.
>>
>>5624559
Oh lord, here we go again. Does one really need to explain how the sissies sexuality and your average girl's sexuality differentiates? I've never seen a sissy who told me they were into slash novels or Yaoi. Why? Because the vast majority of sissies aren't at all attracted to men, but to how humiliating it is to be a girl. Do not mistake humiliation for femininity, because there are many girls who conversely aren't into that and are just into pleasing the man they find attractive, just as the man wants to please her.
>>
>>5624664
Correlation does not imply causation faggot. Have you ever stopped to think maybe the fact that they get off to being a female in a humiliated fashion is because they live in a society that deems female traits as inferior and that they have lived under constant scrutiny, hiding their femininity out of fear of being beat up or treated as a social pariah?
>>
>>5624729
You can take your Freudian theiry elsewhere. You're no different from the people who call transgenders repressed faggots, who were stricken with so much homophobia in childhood that they opted to become female instead to cope. As far as I and the world is concerned, sissies are just anoher, more extreme version of the cuckold fetish and fetishes can easily control one's life if left to someone's own devices. While you're at it, would you like to try to explain why a ball-busting fetishist would opt to be castrated, or perhaps why an amputee fetishist has the strong desire to remove a limb(s) and feels as though they can't live a happy life until they are gone? Anyway, my point is, more research needs to be done on fetishes like these and people aren't doing themselves or the world any favors by not talking about them.
>>
>>5624250
Isn't this the same guy who says that sexual abuse in the Catholic church never ever happens and the "victims" are just suffering from false rape syndrome or whatever?
>>
>>5624802
Oh you're the scientific one then? Because you cherry picked an article that contradicts every other study I've ever seen on this topic? Look if you're gonna try and break this down with logic, then why are you talking about studying it as a fetish? If you start a hypothesis with such a bold assumption what value is anything that comes of it?
>>
>>5624915
Look, all I'm saying is that there are some pretty damn weird fetishes out there, and while I believe transitioning is okay if that's what would make one feel whole, I also believe doctors aren't getting the REAL stories, the one's that will help make more sense of this shit 30 years down the line. I've been on the internet a long time and I have seen some shit. I once read a thread where there were a bunch of guys talking about fucking other guys in wheelchairs, while trying to love vicariously through those men and desparately craved to be crippled themselves. One man even talked about how he felt so motivated to lose his limb that he let his diabetes get so out of control, doctors were forced to amputate his arm. I mean, from what I see, sissy fetishism is no different.
>>
>>5624363
You deserve to know the truth
>>
Every single time you /pol/ retards post this thread, it gets disproven front and back, and you ignore the whole thing and do it again in a week. Just fuck off already.

1) This guy isn't who you think he is
2) His claims are not scientifically sound
3) His speciality is irrelevant
4) You a busta
>>
>>5625004
Thanks anon, it's nice to know the dysphoria ive experienced since I was 6 was actually because I'm a sex addicted pervert. I'll keep this in mind if I ever get a bf and lose my virginity someday.
>>
>>5624250
>> transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible"
It could be argued that it is impossible to actually change one's biological sex, though most people who make this claim cannot even give a definition of what biological sex IS (and those who can usually say it's about chromosomes, which isn't really a useful definition). And making such a claim doesn't really provide evidence one way or the other regarding the effectiveness of what are generally referred to as "sex change operations".

As for the treatment part, yes they do deserve treatment, however gender transition is the only treatment consistently shown to be effective.

>"people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder"
Like the "biologically impossible" quote above, this is an emotive statement that doesn't really mean anything. Letting people transition isn't harming anyone, so it's not remotely comparable to mental illnesses that make people want to engage in criminal acts. Indeed, transitioning generally improves one's mental health and makes it possible for someone to become a productive member of society and live a fulfilling life. Thus it is a medical treatment, not "promoting a mental disorder". Unless of course finding a way to live with a medical condition, rather than pretending it doesn't exist, counts as "promoting" it in your book.

>London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”
Pretty sure this study used an incredibly broad definition of "transgender feelings", as in anyone who didn't conform perfectly to gender stereotypes. Most of whom wouldn't even be considered trans by Tumblr, never mind the diagnostic criteria for clinical gender dysphoria.
>>
>>5625004
Positioning McHugh's "review" as a source of truth?

Eh. Whatever. The complete refutation of its validity was already posted in-thread.
>>
>>5624250
>>transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate
Compared to what? The general population? Or to non-op trannies? If it's the former, it doesn't really prove anything one way or the other. Just because post-op trannies are worse off than the average population, doesn't mean it doesn't help.
>>
>>5625046
"Transition or die", does anything more need to be said? Also, you imply that transitioning is the one-size-fits-all cure for everyone. Of course, societal and family acceptance is going to be huge in terms of mental state, but surely, if that were the case, we'd see catastrophic suicide rates given the stigma of black folks, etc. No, some people are clearly very deluded, in that they will stop at nothing to become that pretty girl they see in their heads. It is hurting people. It is clearly hurting themselves, these specific(but seemingly huge) amount of transgender individuals who are driven into attempted suicide.
>>
>>5624250
>transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate
And those who hadn't?
>>
>>5624250
>Johns Hopkins

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>5625130
>"Transition or die", does anything more need to be said?
So you think in some cases gender dysphoria should be left untreated?

>Also, you imply that transitioning is the one-size-fits-all cure for everyone.
Generally speaking, it IS the one-size-fits-all cure for everyone with clinical gender dysphoria. Not everyone will transition the same way obviously (taking HRT while still living as the original gender could be considered a form of transition). Nothing else works consistently in treating gender dysphoria.

>It is hurting people. It is clearly hurting themselves, these specific(but seemingly huge) amount of transgender individuals who are driven into attempted suicide.
How is it hurting them exactly?
>>
>>5624250
>One renegade psychiatrist
>Le children argument
I did a thread over in /r9k/ about these same tired arguments, Kids and adults are not the same.
>>
Old news.

Even fags realize trannies are mentally ill vermin.
>>
>>5624250
>>5625004
>>5625196
>McHugh does cite one study from 2011, by Cecilia Dhejne, MD and colleagues at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. However, he misunderstands Dr. Dhejnes work. In the paper, Dr. Dhejne states that the study was not designed to draw conclusions on the efficacy of transgender surgeries, yet McHugh does exactly that. A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejnes work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.

You should probably learn how to read actual scientific research and not just look to opinion pieces misinterpreting actual research.

>You deserve to know the truth
So why are you trying to misinterpret research to serve some agenda?

>>5625073
See above.
>>
>>5624370
That one isn't as crazy as people say, most of the boys were in there teens and either priesthood attracts gays or cuse straight men to have a prison type sexuality
>>
File: 1453987946530.jpg (37 KB, 396x382) Image search: [Google]
1453987946530.jpg
37 KB, 396x382
There's /pol/tards everywhere. Just because this one is otherwise respected doesn't mean he's not still just a closeminded prick. If someone wants to transition, some dumb cunt's retarded opinion shouldn't stop them, especially since there's a plethora of people that are actually willing to help them instead of just being an asshole for the sake of it.
>>
>>5625321
Church makes them define sexuality as much more rigid which causes problems with things like repression and curiosity
>>
>>5624250
Actually, it's interesting that you brought up that second to last point from the article. I had some pretty severe dysphoria (hated my masculine appearance post puberty, wanted to chase after feminine ideals, etc.), but it's like they switched when I hit late high school. Now I sometimes worry I'm not masculine enough. I don't know whether that's related to transgenderism or not, but it was something.
>>
If people ITT hate the transgendered so much, why do they even care if they kill themselves?
>>
>>5624250
As a trans girl i agree 100% . anyone who wants to mutilate their own genitals will either kill them selfs or is beyond extremely delusional and deserves to be locked away in an insane asylum. Period.

Look: you dont like your penis that much, we get it, i dont really like mine that much either. But if you stop for a second, take some deep breathes, and REALLY think about it, you will realize the VAST majority of you are just scapegoating your penis and placing almost ALL of your dysphoria on it because you see it as the "symbol" of your masculinity.

Your dysphoria is not going to go away once you slice it up when you look like a man in a dress.

Girls spend 100000x more time thinking about their appearance and wanting to look good than they do thinking about their vagina.

If you are spending that much time wishing you want a vagina when you look like a hon, im sorry to tell you, but you are not trans at all.

Pic related, she cant wait to get the surgery and be a REAL GRIL
>>
>>5624278
>former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry
>"That guy is literally /pol/-tier retarded."

you make me sad
>>
>>5625934
The guy's biases are so heavy they prevent him from accurately reading text on the regular. It IS sad, but there it is.
>>
>>5624250
>>
>>5624729
This is what I want to say every time 'agp' comes up out of context. Yeah its real, but its also a flawed theory. A huge number of sissy fetishists are closet fags and bifags who deal with the shame of being feminine in the only way they can. When there is no socially acceptable outlet for a man to be feminine and all of the cultural memes are telling him that lowering himself to the level of a woman is degrading, its not surprising that we end up with so many. Again, agp is true for some individuals, but I believe most men have some bisexual potential that is beat out of them as young men and a lot of factors work together to create sissy fetishists.
>>
>sex change is “biologically impossible"
clownfish say otherwise.
>>
this is old news. no studies will ever change the tune of trannies tho cause theyre delusional. theyll keep pushing their bad ideas, en vogue or not, as well as denying that you can cure dysphoria without transition.

this is coming from an ex-tranny
>>
File: LOL.jpg (32 KB, 659x438) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
32 KB, 659x438
>>5626577
>>
>>5626577
>as well as denying that you can cure dysphoria without transition.
Is there any evidence of other treatments being successful in the treatment of neurological gender dysphoria?
>>
>>5626591
>in before pimozide
Seriously, that's one of my favourites. Can you serve it up /pol/?
>>
File: 1451706058187.jpg (63 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
1451706058187.jpg
63 KB, 878x814
>>5624250
>john hopkins
>>
>>5626591
> inb4 the one sample wonder drug that starts with a P

>"so this crossdresser came in...after a few weeks of the drug he stopped doing feminine stuff! XDXD" - linked by every /pol/ user ever
>>
File: alicia memes.jpg (16 KB, 507x325) Image search: [Google]
alicia memes.jpg
16 KB, 507x325
>>5626605
>>5626609
lmao hivemind
>>
>>5626591
its hard to find anything not trash in the medical system cause theyre go to is "make this person normal and theyll stop wanting to transition". and society would rather have gender-conforming trannies than queers so they love transition. also dysphoria is just plain hard to treat.

all my friends and myself had to do alternative CBT for our results. sucks but thats reality. people dont like weirdos.
>>
>>5626663
>society would rather have gender-conforming trannies than queer
Um, no they wouldn't. Especially considering most trannies don't pass without a great deal of effort, as far as society is concerned, trannies are just non-gender conforming queers, but go a step farther in demanding to be treated as the other sex. Being merely queer is far more preferable as far as society is concerned.
>>
>>5626663
>and society would rather have gender-conforming trannies than queers so they love transition.

Terf or ex-FtM? Support for trannies is entirely conditional on how well you can perform the right script. Its no different from being gay. Society doesn't like things that are new or different in general. How many people say they like normal gays, but not fags? Lesbians, but not dykes? Gays get shit for being non conforming. Trannies get shit for being non conforming. Doctors aren't fixing fags with hormones. The people who transition for the wrong reasons have nobody to blame but themselves for being too stupid to separate gender stereotypes from the idea of wanting to be another gender. Its not surprising so many women fall into that trap though. Its like they can't grasp the concept that you can be a woman who likes masculine things. Despite the fact that women are already far less restricted in terms of attire/career/interests.
>>
File: fuckyou.png (378 KB, 800x427) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.png
378 KB, 800x427
Hey I know this is bait but here's a teaching moment

Trans people who don't have reassignment surgery are around 100 times higher than the suicide rate of the general population (which is what the study is comparing it to)

The more you know.
>>
>Same thread gets made practically every single day.
>People fall for it every time.
>>
File: 1454013524705.jpg (144 KB, 617x458) Image search: [Google]
1454013524705.jpg
144 KB, 617x458
>>5627201
>100 times higher than the suicide rate of the general population
Wow I didn't know it was that high.
Sucks.
>>
>>5624250
Reminder to report people who spam the same thread over and over again
>>
>>5627201
>Trans people who don't have reassignment surgery are around 100 times higher than the suicide rate of the general population (which is what the study is comparing it to)

omg everything is so awful what do I do /lgbt/?
>>
File: 1453000047008.jpg (51 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1453000047008.jpg
51 KB, 256x256
>>5627415
Well my appointment just came by mail...
>>
I understand that the suicide comparison is wrong, but can anyone actually provide some relevant statistics? I'm not seeing them anywhere.
>>
>>5624664
but im a trans girl and yaoi makes my pee pee feel all gooey. checkmate transphobes
>>
>>5627426
oh, kill myself? But I want to live forever. I just don't want everything to be horrible.
>>
>>5627201
SAUCE
>>
>>5627436
AGP
G
P
>>
>>5627443
I was thinking more in SRS terms...

>>5627449
Not that anon and idk, but there's enough.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/23553588_Long-term_Assessment_of_the_Physical_Mental_and_Sexual_Health_among_Transsexual_Women

http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/25690443

http://mayoclinic.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/hormonal-therapy-and-sex-reassignment(8e0020c1-2f99-49e4-92ea-869b25ccd85a).html

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/960745/
>>
>>5627453
whats agp about appreciating the beauty of love between two boys?
>>
>lives socially as opposite sex with no ugly neo vag

I'm healthy live normal life what more could i want?
>>
>>5624985
And what if it isnt a fetish? I mean, your whole argument is based off of trans people being into a sissy fetish. But have you considered this?: you might be wrong. I mean, for one, that doesnt consider ftm. Are they wanting to be sissies too?
:/
>>
>>5626577
>this is old news
Yeah, so is him getting btfo by every major medical organisation and the author of the only actual study he quoted for misinterpreting it by ignoring the demographic data.

>no studies will ever change the tune of trannies tho cause theyre delusional
Well the actual research and medical organisations disagree with you but you're free to believe that your delusional feels trump basic math from statistical research and modern neurology.

>as well as denying that you can cure dysphoria without transition
Well what's the cure then? The evidence of past research and treatment shows that just therapy and/or psych meds isn't enough.
Oh and "lol just get over it u mentally ill degenerates" doesn't count, "just get over it" is not the treatment for any actual mental or neurological condition or disorder.
>>
>>5627427
It's in the very study quoted in the johns hopkins paper. See
>>5625228

The issues that caused the johns hopkins paper and its author to be discredited by the medical and scientific communities were that he tried to draw conclusions from the study that the study specifically stated it was not designed to produce and he ignored the relevant demographic info that showed improvement in modern transitions. Whether he did that purposefully to try to manipulate data and deceive people or was unable to read basic scientific research and decided to stand by his mistake is kind of irrelevant since they are equally damning in medicine and science.
>>
>>5624664
I...I like yaoi
>>
>>5628346
But you were homosexual, not AGP. I meant to say that I have never seen an AGP trans-woman into yaoi or slash romance novels, because they are clearly not attracted to men.
>>
>>5628383
I'm trans though.
>>
>>5628420
Anon is using Blanchard's typology for some reason. The two available categories for MtFs are "homosexual transsexual" and "autogynephile".
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 544x558) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 544x558
>>5628428
Kek, so you can't like men without being classified as an AGP fetishist or whatever the fuck a "homosexual transsexual" is. Thanks for informing me though, bby. Gonna be laffin' for days.
>>
>>5628456
You've got it reversed. Blanchard does not place stock in trans identities, just sex and sexualities. His "homosexual transsexual" is a MtF attracted to men, nearly exclusively. Autogynephiles are any MtF with more than incidental attraction to women. Seriously considering paying for an orchi out of pocket so I can dodge CAMH.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.