[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being Gay: Misogyny or Transphobia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
At first I thought this idea was just pain stupid, but I've been seeing the idea that being a homosexual male is just another form of misogyny popping up with increasing frequency, and I have to say it's alarming.

Of course, you can be a lesbian and not be misandrist, because misandry doesn't really exist as you cannot be sexist towards men.

On top of that, there is also the idea that being gay is transphobic, particularly referring to when a gay man refuses to become romantically involved with someone who is female presenting and physically female, but identifies as a male.

Doesn't seem to apply to the reverse case with lesbians, as they generally assume if a man walks up to you and hits on you, and when you say you're a lesbian and they respond "thats okay I'm actually a chick lol" that its just a dude being an exploitative pig as usual.

Thoughts?
>>
Gay male misogyny exists and manifests in a different way from straight male misogyny. Women can also reproduce misogynistic discourses.
>>
>>5617476
95% of what you said is bullshit, but gay men tend to be misogynistic often, and I suspect that a couple of the legbeards here might only be gay because of how they hate women for whatever reason.
>>
>>5617476
>Being gay is transphobic

Trans person here. That's fucking bullshit, and a lot of transgender people are themselves, gay.

Sexuality is more complex than "You're a gay guy, so you're attracted to any person who identifies as a guy". Truth is, you're attracted to the physiological features typical of a man. It's why some gay men are attracted to trans men (because they can tolerate the genitalia, as they are attracted to the overall body of the person - which otherwise has male features such as facial hair, a masculine-looking face, and a masculine frame), and why some lesbian women are attracted to trans women (same thing). Genitals are a deal-breaker for many people, but not everyone.

>Being gay is misogynistic

Sorry, what the fuck? Not being attracted to women sexually = hating women? This is some fucking tumblr logic right here.
>>
>>5617506
And also, you don't fucking choose your sexual orientation. Only tumblr-ites thing that.
>>
I think that it's all the concern of literally autismal people with zero real-world experience, and their professional activist elders who make it look like a functional school of thought.

Concerning yourself with petty shit like this isn't what's going to change the world for the better, these are all symptoms of decadence and laziness.

>>5617508
A.K.A the new fundamentalists
>>
>>5617506
In all honesty, I far more prefer the company of men over women any day.
90% of women are shallow, vapid, insecure, delusional self absorbed creeps, and if we could show at least 50% of straight men this the world would be a happier place by far.
>>
I like to think my hatred of women has nothing to do with me being a homo, but I don't know. It might very well be related.

All I know is that I'm disgusted by the way they're allowed to openly abuse heterosexual men nowadays, and I wouldn't shed a tear if every single one of them disappeared from the face of the planet.
>>
>>5617476
>you cannot be sexist towards men.
RED FLAG, RED FLAG
ABORT ABORT ABORT
>gay man refuses to become romantically involved with someone who is female presenting and physically female, but identifies as a male.
>gay man
>female presenting
well there's your problem, why would someone who is attracted to masculine features want to go for someone who isn't masculine
>>
i was so fucking freaking relieved when i discovered i was gay because i can stand being near a woman and their disgusting faces
>>
Remember to label your generals correctly, ffg. It makes locating them much easier, and allows less exhaustive selective-filtering.

Thank you, and great work on those flags.
>>
Posting in a bait thread?
Posting in a bait thread.

Post in a bait thread:

The idea that male homosexuality is inherently misogynist is an old radfem idea circa '60s. It's fringe and not very popular. It also attacked gay s&m and things like that as being degrading to women without women being there to defend themselves. There are people who'll agree with that - and that's it, because pretty much any counterargument is already there and obvious. The historical context (2nd wave feminism enjoyed better legal status than gay buttfucking did, which throws doubt on how homosexuality fit into social patriarchy), the clear bias in the conclusion, the question of why this conclusion matters and how it is demonstrated beyond said bias, etc.

It's an old argument full of holes.
>>
What a lovely bait.

You better go fishing, then!
>>
>>5617561
The idea that male homosexuality is inherently misogynistic actually dates back as far as the Victorian period. It was believed that men who hated women enough turned to each other as a matter of course.
>>
>>5617476
Women are whores and I don't respect them, all I want to do is not even have sex with them.
>>
>>5617476
2bqhwyf you really can't have a serious discussion if they're shouting and yelling and going hysterical
>>
>>5617476
>misandry doesn't exist
As if the bait wasn't obvious enough, but here you go.

Systematic racism against men is virtually nonexistent. That doesn't mean that there aren't people, and lesbians especially if you're willing to count them as people, who hate men just for being men. At an individual level, misandry is quite real, regardless of whether or not there is wide scale oppression.
>>
After the first sentence it was clear that this was bait.
1/10
>>
>>5617476
>At first I thought this idea was just pain stupid, but I've been seeing the idea that being a homosexual male is just another form of misogyny popping up with increasing frequency, and I have to say it's alarming.
>Of course, you can be a lesbian and not be misandrist, because misandry doesn't really exist as you cannot be sexist towards men.
There are political gays of both sexes, but obviously not all gays or lesbians are that way just because they hate the opposite sex. And misandry definitely exists, but it doesn't really manifest in a systematic way.

>On top of that, there is also the idea that being gay is transphobic, particularly referring to when a gay man refuses to become romantically involved with someone who is female presenting and physically female, but identifies as a male.
It's only transphobic if the person has had surgeries etc to make them physically indistinguishable from any other man, AND the gay man in question would become romantically involved with them if they weren't AFAB.
>>
File: shrug_answer.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
shrug_answer.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
>>5617496
Gay men are only misogynistic because they know they don't have to put up with women's shit to get sex
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>>5617592
>Systemic "racism" against men dont real
>selective service
>higher prison sentences
>get raped in divorce courts
Yeah, I think you have it mixed up. In the US at least, men are the only gender to face real systemic discrimination. Women just grasp for straws with videogane violence and abortion.
>>
Middle-class men, neutered by office life and daunted by feminist rhetoric, are shrinking. Lesbianism is increasing, since anxious, unmasculine men have little to offer. Women are simply more interesting to them. Male homosexuality is increasing, because masculinity is in crisis and because maternal consciousness, severed from the support network of the extended family, has become a psychotic system, forcing the young to struggle for life against clinging personal fantasy.
- Camille Paglia
>>
>>5618115
Then they have no reason to be misogynistic. Hating half the human race is not healthy under any circumstances.
>>
>>5619368
let me socratize this shit
>is hating ever acceptable or healthy?
>are there people who ought to be hated?
>are those people hated based on their traits and action?
>is it possible for groups of people to share those hatable traits?
Then hating a group of people can be healthy and it's up to you to prove that they are not hatable.
>>
>>5619368
Misogyny is the natural order of things. Straight men only step away from it because they need a coping mechanism from being around women so much. If they didn't have to fuck women, they'd hate them just the same because it's logical
>>
>>5618129
Do not fall into the oppression olympics that feminists display. Men and women both have problems. While men may face more or less, it's not a contest, the important thing is that we do have issues that need public attention.
>>
>>5619597
No, they wouldn't waste time/energy hating them, they'd just be indifferent. There isn't actually anything to gain from hating women.
>>
>>5619368
>>5619644
Women do stupid manipulative inane egotistical shit all the time, but for straight men, this negative aspect is balanced out by being attracted to women. If there were no attraction, there'd be nothing but negative interactions with women, so of course they'd hate them in the end,
>>
>>5619660
The manipulative stuff doesn't really affect gay men though. And it really doesn't seem to be that common anyway.
>>
File: implying.gif (872 KB, 500x216) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
872 KB, 500x216
>>5617476
>"when they are so angry all the time"
Yup, that's the only thing wrong with feminists. Nothing else. Nope. Nada.
>>
File: d7a.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
d7a.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>5617476
>all those fucking baits in one post
JESUS FUCK
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.