[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
future trans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: being_the_little_girl.gif (1 MB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
being_the_little_girl.gif
1 MB, 640x384
Once everyone starts living on the internet with our bodies just kept in storage while we interact through fully immersive VR, do you think the amount of men choosing to live as girls will increase? I think most men secretly wish they were girls but don't become trannies in real life because it's difficult and there's social stigma you have to overcome to go through the process, but once everyone begin spending all the time we spend today on computers and smart phones inside fully immersive VR instead, I think we'll see most everyone start deciding to be girls.
>>
>>5615608
I think people will be more amorphous about the appearance and nature of their virtual avatars than just with regards to gender.

Why would this world full of weirdos even just settle for human avatars? We'll be a world full of mermaids, lion people and talking dolphins floating around through augmented reality visors, glasses and contact lenses.
>>
File: vocaloid.gif (747 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
vocaloid.gif
747 KB, 500x296
>>5615633

>Why would this world full of weirdos even just settle for human avatars?

Because most of us aren't furries desu. Why be an animal when you could be a pretty girl instead?
>>
File: 1295017615190.png (18 KB, 588x473) Image search: [Google]
1295017615190.png
18 KB, 588x473
>>5615633
>mermaids
das it mang
>>
File: ariel.jpg (105 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ariel.jpg
105 KB, 800x600
>>5615936

Why do so many trannies have a thing with mermaids?
>>
>>5615973
I dunno. I'm not one of them. I just think it would be dope as hell to be able to breathe underwater and swim fast as fuck.

Making my tall, strong gf carry me around on land would be pretty sweet too
>>
>>5615608
Nah. Lots of guys play girls in online RPGs, but if they were actually feeling what those bodies feel, they'd get hit pretty damn hard with the dysphoria after a while. You'd see a spike at first, but after a while the number would decrease.
>>
>>5615973
Come on use your head, think below the belt stuff.
>>
>>5615633
>>5615608
Oh yeah, good VR/AR is going to be the greatest gift to transhumans in a long time.

>>5616069
> but if they were actually feeling what those bodies feel, they'd get hit pretty damn hard with the dysphoria after a while

We will learn very quickly who has a fragile self-image and who doesn't. I have heard stories of other people looking at their hand in VR with a model that doesn't match their meatspace hand and not liking it at all. But, in my experience, people either get hit with the dysphoria right away or not at all. I've got a (relatively) healthy brain and full body-tracked avatars in VR don't give me dysphoria. I've been girls, cyborgs, monsters, you name it in VR. Good enough body tracking and an in-universe mirror and my self-image assimilates the new form really quickly. Some people just don't have fragile self-images. Kind of like motion sickness, everyone has different tolerances.

I will say this though - it is the *coolest* feeling looking at your own body and seeing something different that feels real. When I got my Leap Motion I spent hours just geeking out over how awesome it was to have mechanical hands.
>>
>>5616118

Trannies like the concept of mermaids because it lets them imagine their penis is a fin?
>>
>>5616125
While I agree with you on a lot of that, you're only talking about sight, and maybe sound. Touch will be a whole different ballgame.
>>
>>5616230

>Touch will be a whole different ballgame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teledildonics
>>
>>5616230
> Touch will be a whole different ballgame.

I can't wait. Honestly I'd be willing to go prosthetic if it meant good haptics, body tracking, and custom proprioception.

Who am I kidding I was going to go prosthetic anyways.
>>
>>5615608
yeah I mean I used to think most guys also would rather be girls

but apparently that's not the case
>>
>>5615608
>I think most men secretly wish they were girls
how to spot a transbian 101
>>
File: satone.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
satone.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
>>5616404

N-No, it just makes me feel really good inside when I imagine being a girl, and also I usually masturbate about being a girl. I'm OK though, I don't need to transition, I can just keep myself feeling alright through the power of imagination and not paying too much attention to my real body.
>>
>>5615608
I remember when the matrix director came out as trans. I thought of a scene in the original matrix, the residual self image that morpheus talks about. I wonder if this was intended to have a character that was trans and displayed a different self image.
>>
File: 17wpjm3by8n0wjpg.jpg (51 KB, 450x304) Image search: [Google]
17wpjm3by8n0wjpg.jpg
51 KB, 450x304
>>5616430
As someone who fits that description spot on i don't like what your insinuating...
>>
>>5617090
If you mean the movie, then yes. Switch was originally going to be a girl while connected to the Matrix.
>>
>>5617090
sounds like its worth the time to investigate such behavior.

>>5615608
Thas deep.
>>
>>5615608
You'd think so at first though...
But, they could choose to be a really big alpha male, and get to fuck all those flawless girls.

On the other hand, if sex became a really big thing, then everyone would probably choose to be girls, so that they can experience the best sex.
>>
>>5615608
Nah, people will become nonhuman.
>>
Living in some epic fully immersive VR fantasy land with a perfect bod sounds amazing and all, but how long until this stuff is invented?
I mean optimistically I can't see this kind of tech being fully tested and commercially available for at least 150+ years.
>>
>>5617640
150? I feel like its sooner than that, simply because of how exponential the growth of technology is. we already have pretty expansive online worlds, and right now VR becoming more of a thing, with the oculus and microsoft's augmented whatevers.

really, in the grand scheme of things, it was only very recently that cell phones were giant plastic bricks. and now look what we have. I have a feeling things like the oculus rift will end up being considered the brick phones of VR in just two or three decades.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.