[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does anyone actually get out of identifying as a mysterious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: QtkTp.png (95 KB, 751x376) Image search: [Google]
QtkTp.png
95 KB, 751x376
What does anyone actually get out of identifying as a mysterious THIRD GENDER and expecting everyone to use their obscure pronouns?
I get transgenderism, I just want to understand how this obscure pronoun stuff benefits ANY party involved AT ALL. There's not really much to be gained out of wanting to be called "Xir".
>>
Bumping because I'm always wondering the same fucking thing and I'm trans.
>>
When I was a teenager a went through a bit of a find my identity phase. I never got seriously into it and I'm thankful I was always too lazy to start a blog to share my shitty opinion on.

To be honest I think it's a lot of people trying to find what's comfortable to them and no different than someone who goes through a religious crisis.
>>
>>5612517
How is making things needlessly complicated "comfortable" to anyone?
>>
>>5612472
Being male is too disgusting so I identify myself as a third gender to comfort myself.
>>
>>5612525

Well, because identity is a complicated concept and labels make people feel secure. So it would make sense that you'd have to come up with obscure labels to cover something as complicated as a person.

I don't agree with the shitty attitude a lot of these people have about the subject but I get why they're doing it.
>>
>>5612529
If they need to not only explain who they are with "Hey, I'm a brand new gender that is totally legitimate despite having never been mentioned at all prior to the 21st century", but also force that explanation on everyone else just to feel comfortable, that sounds like an issue they ought to take to a shrink to be honest. That doesn't sound healthy.

I'm pretty sure if I'd been born like 6 years later I'd be in the same messed up state as these people are, because as a teenager I hung around with the 2004 equivalent of what is now the tumblr community (and still kind of do in some capacity) and internet neo-progressivism has, as far as I can gather, decided that reinforcing mental issues is totally the way to go. I can tolerate them perfectly fine, the fact that they're being smooth talked into being so insecure that they feel as though they're being put down by anyone who doesn't know or refer to them using their obscure gender label is what bothers me.
>>
>>5612569

They don't need it, it's just a security blanket thing.

Like I said, I don't necessarily agree with it but I get why they do it.
>>
>>5612472
>What does anyone actually get out of identifying as a mysterious THIRD GENDER

Attention. They also get to be defended by the crazies of the queer community, who think that anyone who gives themselves a label has suffered as much from society as fucking Joan of Arc.
>>
No one wants to be called "xir" "xhe" zhe" but attention whoring tumblertards so don't fucking lump us together with them.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.