[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
an hero soon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
>Get referred to GIC
>GP tells me I'll get a letter soon
>3 months later
>no letter
>I go to look up the waiting time
>Nearest GIC time is 4 YEARS
How does one survive this?

(source: https://akari.in/koL5)
>>
Damn. Where's your next closest clinic?
>>
>>5609090
I don't think they can refer me to NHS scotland, if that's the case, next closest is newcastle @1year wait.
>>
>>5609049
>How does one survive this?
Self-med, obviously.
But 4 years is ridiculous, how are they not adding staff yet?
>>
>>5609103
I'm already self-medding - I can barely afford it, student loans aren't supposed to cover this.
>>
>>5609100
1 year ain't bad, it's a quarter of the other one.
>>
>>5609109
It's still incredibly expensive to self-med for that long
>>
>>5609049
Do people like you instantly kill yourselves if you get badly burned, paralyzed, etc? I fractured several lumbar vertebrae in a car accident and live in daily pain. I can't even have sex. But I still go on.

why is your life so empty that having one part of it no go your way makes it not worth living anymore?
>>
>>5609889
well, it's a combination of severe depression and having to live a life that isn't yours.

For me at least, physical pain is easier to bear than mental, and when your mental illness is so bad that you genuinely can't be happy, you just want to die.

I'm not saying physical ailments are easy, hell no, but they don't affect you mentally in a way to make you not want to carry on
>>
>>5609889
Can you imagine having to wait 4 years to get your lumbar vertebrae looked at?
>>
>>5609921
There is inoperable nerve damage to my spine so yes for the rest of my life I will be in constant pain.
>>
>>5609930
Was your problem immediately checked upon, or did you have to wait 4 years?
>>
>>5609930
>>5609921 didn't deny that - but imagine not knowing if it's curable or not, and having to wait for years to even have a doctor look at it to tell you, all the while in constant, possibly curable pain.
>>
Self med OP, it's unfortunately the only way to transition in the UK.
Its been five months since I saw the GP and I still haven't received my letter from the GIC. Meanwhile QHI took 8 days to ship in my hormones.
>>
>>5609904
What sort of treatment for clinical depression have you done?
>>
Consensus seems to be that self-medding is the way to go since the NHS is slow as hell with most things and trans treatments, barely moving. As long as you're MTF though. FTMs gotta source from black market roid dealers or some shit.
>>
>>5609100
You in Scotland? Me too. 'Burgh?
>>
>>5609961
I've been prescribed antidepressants and been to counselling.

Counselling is shit.
I've had... 3 counsellors, only one was vaguely competent, but I had to move back to uni and hence couldn't keep him :c

Been on antidepressants for the better part of a year, they do fuck all.

>>5610008
No, south of the border. Enough so that i'm closer to scotland than other GIC clinics.

>>5609993
>>5609948
Yeah I am - 200mg spiro / 4mg estrofem a day
But I pay out of the ass for it - I only get minimum student loan that barely covers rent, so I was hoping the NHS wouldn't be so bloody slow
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.