[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gay TV shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: FINAL-KEY-ART.jpg (724 KB, 1238x1669) Image search: [Google]
FINAL-KEY-ART.jpg
724 KB, 1238x1669
Hey so I finished spartacus a while back and am currently watching black sails and loving the gayness of both TV shows and I'm thinking about starting Da Vinci's Demons. Now I did some research and aparently there's like one gay kiss in the entire series? Please tell me there's actually more to it than that? Cause if not it won't even be worth watching for me. I'm bored of hetero characters.
This being said, would anyone like to advise TV shows like spartacus and black sails with gay characters?
I heard some things about penny dreadful but not a lot. I'd appreciate a description of the TV show :)
>>
I read that as the dank knight
>>
>>5604771
mods
>>
ever watched torchwood? There's not too much explicitly but the relationship is adorable
>>
File: images.jpg (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22 KB, 640x480
>>5609268
Torchwood is excellent.

Also pic related.
>>
>>5609268

everyone is bisexual and into open relationships - the show
>>
>loving the gayness

I always think faggotry in tv shows feels forced and contrived, like it's intentionally trying to pander to fags and homo-loving SJWs who feel good when they see diversity in a series. It always ruins a show for me.
>>
London Spy - one of the main focuses is a gay relationship, but it doesn't seem too contrived and adds pretty well to it
>>
>>5610944
Oh poor crybaby I guess you'll just have to watch the 30000 other shows and movies that only contain gay characters when it's a weirdo villain. Poor crybaby.

It's ridiculous how much one has to search for a piece of entertainment where one of the characters just happens to be gay (not lesbian).
>>
>>5610944
Sometimes it's done pretty good though. Even the walking dead had lesbians and they didn't push any agenda.
>>
>>5610944

It's not like most shows don't have contrived hetero relationships too
>>
I've only seen the first few episodes of DaVinci's Demons a long time ago and it was garbage. DaVinci's himself is portrayed as especially a "I don't care what gender, I just wanna fuck" dudebro and the first actual gay character they introduce is a big whiny fem that betrays DaVinci because he didn't give him the d or some shit.
>>
>>5611343
>Making Leonardo into biscum instead of purveyor of femboys
>No twink Salai

What's the point then?
>>
>>5611343
>>5614467
So in conclusion. Da vinci's demons is shit
>>
>>5611058
>>5611107
Amen to that
>>
>>5611058
>It's ridiculous how much one has to search for a piece of entertainment where one of the characters just happens to be gay (not lesbian).

Which is why I'm in love with black sails rn
>>
>>5604550
wait how gay is Black Sails, i was considering watching it and if it's gay i'll DEFINITELY watch it
>>
File: goyer goying.jpg (17 KB, 489x453) Image search: [Google]
goyer goying.jpg
17 KB, 489x453
>david s. goyer
>goyer
>category: american jews
oy!
>>
>>5604550
The Wire has gay and lesbian characters that feel pretty real. But it's not an especially "gay" show, just a show that has gays in it.
>>
>>5611107
but more people sympathize with them. Literally the only reason people add gays in their shows is to get social justice brownie points.
>>5611058
What a catty faggot. Who cares if there's no shows with gay characters? Why pander to a minuscule part of the population? We shouldn't have gays being role models, last thing we need is to reinforce the idea that being gay is "cool" or something.
>>
>>5615261
that's not true bro. sometimes gay characters get added to shows because a writer/actor/producer/etc is gay themselves. and a lot of the time it happens because writers are creative people and writing the same exact people over and over and over again is boring and not very creative.

whether or not the characters are actually well-written and well-acted is another story of course.
>>
>>5615156
Oh it's gay. The gay is subtle in the beginning though. It sneaks up on you and plunders your booty when you least expect it.
>>
>>5615156
there's some lesbianism (mainly that blonde-bi-slut-breaks-a-brunette-dykes-heart trope kind) but there's some full main gay shit later in season 2, starts subtle then just oh wow they really did it. Then it just goes flat out violence which is great.
>>
>>5615156
It's so gay and its so great and you /need/ to watch it. The third season JUST started last Saturday. I am so fucking hyped
>>
>>5615261
No being gay isn't cool and neither is being straight its just a thing that exists and what makes having a gay couple in the show so great is, as >>5615325
said, its something different for once and it's not the the boring hetero "OH DO THEY FALL IN LOVE AND HAVE ALL THE BABIES?!" shit. PLUS its not pandering to a miniscule population. Gay people in TV shows make a lot of people happy. For instance: fan girls, yaoi/yuri enthusiasts, allies, basically anyone who doesn't care if a love interest is between a man x woman or a man x man or a woman x woman just as long as its written well and acted well to the point where it would make the watcher feel something for the characters. Yeah it could be brownie points but so fucking what, if its done well then its done fucking well.
>>
>>5610944
>I always think faggotry in tv shows feels forced and contrived
Because it is.
Then again that goes for all romance in movies.
A pointless addition that for 99.999999% of times doesn't add anything to the plot and thus is better removed.
Chekov's Gun.
>>
>>5619263
>fan girls, yaoi/yuri enthusiasts, allies, basically anyone who doesn't care if a love interest is between a man x woman or a man x man or a woman x woman just as long as its written well and acted well to the point where it would make the watcher feel something for the characters.
That's a very long list for people who do not matter.
>>
>>5619328
Thinking the "everyone else" somehow matters is just delusional
>>
>>5619328
Yet its not a minority cause as you said, its a long list
>>
>>5610944
You're probably right, but in Black Sails it was essential to the story line.
>>
>>5615564
well said
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.