[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coming out a Trans (MtF)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
How and when should i tell my classmates (they are pretty intolerant) and family that i would like to be a girl? The only person i can actually trust is my sister.
>>
Start the change on your own, and fuck the haters
>>
>>5586769
Don't. Keep it to yourself.
>>
>>5586862
But how should i start living as a girl then? I really want to do that
>>
>>5586769
Sounds like you're under 18. Tell your family but not your classmates. If they won't let you start HRT, you can self-med, but do hours and hours of research if you do, please.

You should tell them asap, and you should be straightforward and honest. Voice your concern that you're worried they will stop loving you.
>>
>>5586930
You don't, unless you want to look like a freak. You talk to a gender therapist, get on HRT, and wait.
>>
File: chopperdance.gif (759 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
chopperdance.gif
759 KB, 500x280
>friend came out as mtf
>other friend came out as fucking genderfluid
>I'm still too much of a cowardly bitch to come out

And now it's probably impossible for me to do so without looking like a transtrender.
>>
>>5587167
What I wouldn't have done to have an out trans friend back when I was young.

I had a friend that eventually transitioned too, and while we came out to a lot of the same people no one ever had the common sense to tell us to actually talk to each other about it.

Don't waste this chance. Come out to your friends.
>>
>>5586769
Why can't you just be effeminate and look like a girl, but still identify as your real gender, which never ever will grisly change.

Why is it so hard for trans to accept their real genders? It's ok to take on whatever aspects of the opposite sex that make you happy, sure. The problem comes from when you start living a delusion about your identity.
>>
>>5587167
You moron. How about you count your blessings and come out to people who will support you. Looking like a transtrender--to fucking who? To your genderfluid friend? Who are you even trying to save face in front of? Jesus.
>>
>>5587167
The only people who seriously believe it's a trend are bitter old terfs who wish they'd known about test 20 years ago
>>
File: 1348899061176.jpg (17 KB, 452x397) Image search: [Google]
1348899061176.jpg
17 KB, 452x397
>>5587189
>>5587218
>>5587226
I guess you're right. This is what I needed to hear. It's not like I have any pride or respect to lose to begin with. I'm a whiny, petty, envious coward who can't even muster up courage when something's handed to me on silver platter, and I already act very girly anyways.

Guess I'll rip off this band-aid soon.
>>
>>5587745
I was kinda harsh, sorry. I understand your thought process - it's of course natural to fear you won't be taken seriously. But if someone doesn't want to take you seriously they will find their excuses anyway, so don't let the fear of them hold you back. Do take advantage of your situation, it really is fortuitous for you all.
>>
>>5587745
You're not petty and you're not whiny, it's understandable to feel overwhelmed by all this shit even when things look positive. But you're in a good situation to fall back on your feet when you do that jump.
>>
File: image.png (137 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
137 KB, 640x480
>>5586947
>>5586769
I'm in the same situation. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend coming out at all if they are even slightly hesitant about trans people. My mother, who has a lesbian sister and is massively liberal, says I'm mistaken and never talked to me about it again.
Right now, Im just on spiro that I got from QHI until I'm 18, when I'll start with some estrogen too.
>>
>>5587816
>>5587876
Thanks, I guess I probably am worried over nothing. I know I'll definitely need to get stronger will and stop being an avoidant pansy if I want to transition, or live a fulfilling life in general.
>>
>>5586930
Think about getting to a point where you pass first.

Otherwise you aren't living as a girl, you're living as a visibly transgender freakshow that people will assume is some kind of fetishistic male.

Seriously, why the fuck would you want to tell everyone you're trans? Pre-transition, aside from telling a doctor and a few direct family members (if they aren't religious nuts) so you can get on HRT, and post-transition telling your partner (because hiding big things from your SO won't end well), I wouldn't tell fucking anyone.

You aren't going to look like a girl overnight. You aren't going to look like one in a year's time (unless you're fucking 14). Don't tell your classmates.
>>
File: 1452734450137.jpg (8 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1452734450137.jpg
8 KB, 250x238
>>5586930
>>5586769
>coming out before you're fully passing and it becomes awkward when they hear your deep voice
>>
>>5586769
Seek mental health
>>
File: tumblr_mtswugeR3p1so26pio1_500.jpg (94 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtswugeR3p1so26pio1_500.jpg
94 KB, 500x667
>>5586769
Just do a FB post on a friday after school.
>>
>>5587211
Because human bodies don't work like that. After you're 25 or something you're just not going to be effeminate without looking like a creep.
>>
File: 1449082183253.png (223 KB, 1306x1571) Image search: [Google]
1449082183253.png
223 KB, 1306x1571
>>5588558
>just on spiro
omg, i hope you are okay. how long do you have to be just on spiro? its not too healthy.

>>5586769
idk if you shud say anything unless you are already on hrt and transitioning. it might make things really hard for you, all the attention on you and stuff , possibly a lot of bullying also :x
could tell to your family though.

>1year on hrt, still not out to classmates
>people think im this trashy kid still
>only people who say things are the jocks of the school
honestly the only bad things hiding still are the parts where people use your boy name and you have to wear same boy clothes everyday.
couldnt even imagine what it wud be like if i was out, centre of attention and hate suddenly.
>>
>>5594617
why do you say specifically friday?
>>
>>5596623
Because then they have the weekend to see it and form opinions about you and how to behave around you instead of meeting you with their initial shock.

Back when I was going to come out, I wanted to do it just after the last day of the school year, but someone else came out just before me and his exams finished earlier :/
>>
I'm lucky I have friends who told me that if I ever come out as trans and get kicked out I can stay at their house
>>
File: Mental pepe.png (85 KB, 1144x872) Image search: [Google]
Mental pepe.png
85 KB, 1144x872
>>5597750
DO NOT ADMIT TO BEING UND ER AGED ON 4CHAN DELETE THIS POST ASAP FUCKING KID.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.