[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When's the cut off age for passing? Is it possible for someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: SFVjj.gif (2 MB, 726x786) Image search: [Google]
SFVjj.gif
2 MB, 726x786
When's the cut off age for passing? Is it possible for someone under the age of 18 to not pass despite being on hormones for years? And how do people over the age of 30 pass? Seems insane.
>>
>>5577212
Worrying about passing is a great way to give yourself an excuse not to start. The question is, what do you want to do? Do you want to become a woman? If you do then you find an informed consent clinic, you go on HRT and work on yourself. It's not instant, it's not necessarily permanent, but if you are worrying about the practical aspects you are missing the point. The point is that you feel this way. That you have the desire to be a woman. That you worry about passing and how people will treat you when you do it is important but you need to address the root issue.
>>
>>5577212
Genetics my anon. Genetics.
In all seriousness 13 and below are the very best times to transition, and around 20 is the hon zone, where it is unlikely you will pass and nearly impossible for you to stealth mode.
>>
There's no cut off age. It's largely dependent on genetics, how you look, how you present yourself, etc. Don't forget surgery can often make a noticeable difference.
If you want figures, a rough estimate based on my limited anecdotal evidence would be that 95% of people who start HRT before 18 will pass, about 50% of people who start in their early 20s will pass, and about 1% of those that start later than 30 will pass.
>>
>>5577256
>>5577246

I am an Asian male with feminine features (face, legs, arms, hands), but my shoulders are fucked and my voice is deep even for a male.
>>
>>5577274
Maybe you'll be an ugly woman. Will you be happier as an ugly woman or the way you are now?
>>
>>5577284
I am attractive for a guy, but I'd rather live my life as a woman. Felt this way since I was eight.
>>
>>5577274
If your Asian and started HRT under 20, the only way you couldn't eventually pass is if you were like 6'4.
If you are trans, don't put it off because you will end up transitioning eventually and things will only get worse the longer you leave it.
>>
>>5577292
So that's the point. You want to be a woman and what you need to do then is find a place to start HRT.
>>
>>5577296
I am 16 right now and will be on spiro in a week or two. Just curious, buy why do Asians pass better?
>>
>>5577318
>>5577296
Oh, and I am 5'9".
>>
>>5577318
To grossly generalise, Asians tend to be shorter and often have a more androgynous facial structure compared to other races.
Good luck anon, I wish I had started at 16 instead of putting it off until 19.
>>
>>5577357
Are you passing at 19? What is your ethnicity?
>>
>>5577212
passing is subjective.
everyone is different.
basically i'd say if you start before 16 you are pretty much guaranteed to pass.
you have pretty good chances if you start before 20 as well, depending on your build and how bad puberty fucked you over.
After that your body should be fully developed and hrt wont have as much of a significant impact on your physical appearance.
so after 20 it depends on how how pronounced your secondary sex characteristics are. if you have a rounder face with a slim build and little to no body/facial hair, you have very good chances.
if you are big bulky and hairy it will take work... by that i mean a lot of procedures, which requires money. (lazer hair, ffs, boob job...etc)
if you have the time and money for it surgery can make improvements, but there is still no 100% guarantee. it comes back to how far gone you are in regards to appearing as male. the burlier you are, the harder it is.

if you are 18, start hrt ASAP. If you want to pass you still have a good window opportunity.
best of luck op. I hope you become a pretty grill.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>5577734
I have a round face, little facial/body hair, but I'm like 145 lbs at 5'9". Still trying to lose 20 pounds. Thoughts on me passing in the future?
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 699x1941) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 699x1941
>>5577734
I'm 16 btw
>>
>>5577791
>>5577769
you got some nice looking legs there op.

id say you are just about borderline passable as you are now if you had longer hair.

you have nothing to worry about op.
>>
>>5578136
Thank you :) I start spiro in a week and e in December. What changes should I expect?
>>
>>5577769
Your jaw is a touch manly, but other than that you look fine. Better pictures of your face would help.

If you hurry up and get on hrt you'll do great.
>>
>>5578171
wait why wait 11 months to start estrogen. if you are 16 you should be able to start both?

on spiro alone not much. your sex drive will decrease, and possibly gain some weight, it can help clear up your skin as well. but as far as developing more feminine characteristics you'll need estrogen.
on estrogen around the 6 month mark is when you most of the physical changes are in full swing. bodyfat distribution, breasts development, softer skin...etc. if your body is still growing it could have effects on your frame, like wider hips, and a more general feminine physique.
>>
>>5577256
b8ing this hard.
>>
>>5578326
I'm scared by the time I start to look like a girl, my voice will still be manly
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>5578212
Better pic of face
>>
>>5578922
With a wig and makeup, you'd pass right now in that pic. Get on HRT, grow your hair, practice your voice, and enjoy ez-mode.
>>
>>5577318
Sweety Asians don't pass better it's just that if you live in America white People and other races in general don't gender Asians well so you will easily pass to the dominate populations of the western world, whites, Latinos and blacks
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 640x640
>>5578935
Wow, you just made my night a whole lot better despite having a calculus test tomorrow. Thank you so much! I looked a lot more feminine when I was 15, but whatever. How do I go out and about with practicing my voice?
>>
Who else ready for FFVII remake tho
>>
>>5577212
>Is it possible for someone under the age of 18 to not pass despite being on hormones for years?
yes if they have shit manly genetics
>And how do people over the age of 30 pass?
by having good genetics. though if you want to fully pass at 30 and up you'll almost certainly need a fuckload of procedures besides hrt.
but overall genetics play a bigger role than age in terms of passability/prettiness
>>
>>5577296
TFW 6'5
>>
File: image.png (359 KB, 547x478) Image search: [Google]
image.png
359 KB, 547x478
>>5579308
Your name reminds me of a cactus
>>
>>5577212
I'm in my mid 20s.

I look like I'm 17 despite years of substance abuse.

I'm not worried about not passing once I actually start hrt.
Stop worrying, anon.
>>
>>5578975
I've been working on my voice by singing in the car when driving around, if that helps at all.

You should also probably study a bit on the anatomical structure of your throat as well as voice control and singing techniques as they help a lot with being able to control pitch and inflection.

Most of those voice training videos online and on youtube help a little bit at first but, honestly, they kinda suck. But you should still take a look at some on youtube.

But, as a quick start, try slowly and gradually changing the natural pitch of your voice by speaking in maybe half a note higher than normal. And then go another half note or so higher a few weeks later once you've began to naturally speak at your new pitch.

You can keep doing that until you've reached a point where you sound naturally female which, contrary to popular belief, is not much higher than a guys voice. Really only a few notes higher in most cases.
>>
>>5579401
Sur you do hon
>>
File: image.gif (156 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
156 KB, 500x282
>tfw just turned 20
>tfw probably fucked
>tfw attractive male with comfy life
>>
>>5577318
the facial traits that differ between male and female Asians are pretty different (and more subtle) to how it works for a lot of other races

so if you're living in the West then folks' brains apply the same rules for figuring out the gender of the person they're looking at and judge you differently to how other Asians would judge you as a result

basically you'll pass easier around people who aren't familiar with Asians
>>
File: IMG_20160116_190831.jpg (505 KB, 1728x2880) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160116_190831.jpg
505 KB, 1728x2880
>>5577273
>tfw 1%er...
>>
>>5580404
I think that's the first pic I've seen. You really own that style.

Not that 1% is a very accurate number, but good on you.
>>
>>5580418
I just hope I'll look a bit younger and less plain after FFS. Though calling it plastic surgery would be more honest at this point.
>>
>>5580404
bailey jay's mom/5
>>
>>5580404
ahaha do you actually think u pass
>>
>>5578975
>16yo asian
>calculus test tomorrow
i giggled
>>
>>5580404
>that upper lip
>>
>>5584371
I know right... I could have been in calculus much sooner. Oh well :(
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.