[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oppression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: flags_paceflag_detail.jpg (3 KB, 250x174) Image search: [Google]
flags_paceflag_detail.jpg
3 KB, 250x174
How do YOU cope and fight against oppression, /lgbt/?

Have you ever defended who you are against homophobic/transphobic attacks?

What are your complaints about the lgbtq+ movement? What do you think can be improved?
>>
File: =3.png (101 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
=3.png
101 KB, 480x480
>>5573504
with my shank
>>
>>5573504

anti-gay crap like the westboro baptists or fox news right wing jargon used to piss me off when I was younger because I took it as a personal attack.

I thankfully grew out of that though the more I delved into my gayness and gay society. I find it absolutely retarded and hypocritical to bitch about how being gay isn't all about sex and being a trashy fuck. Then our pride parades are trashy fucks with their asses hanging out and glory holes in the bathroom.

many fags will be like "the fact that I like men has NOTHING to do with politics or ME personally blah blah fuckity blah" yet if you're, let's say a christian gay or agree with christian values or the message etc you're essentially a gay heathen.

If a gay is a republican he's shunned beyond belief for being a gay coon. So, all those faggots bitching about how their faggotry "doesn't define them" go and define people based on their faggotry.
>>
>>5573504

>How do YOU cope and fight against oppression
I don't. I live in a country where it's not acceptable. I can't even say the word "gay" without everyone in the room turning their heads to look at me like I'm a freak.

>Have you ever defended who you are against homophobic/transphobic attacks?
I know better than to argue with these close-minded jesus freaks. There is nothing I can say to change anyone's mind, as they've all been indoctrinated into believing that everything that goes against the bible is evil.
>>
BE A MAN.
>>
>>5573504
I just turn off the TV and go outside
>>
>What are your complaints about the lgbtq+ movement?

The q+ part comes from a place of female privilege. It is a way that cis het feminists can weasel their way into the GLBT movement without actually being a gender or sexual minority. Basically it is a mask of oppression women love to put on for attention but are able to take off at a whim and they as women never face any physical or social harm for claiming to be part of the GLBT.
>>
>>5573504
>How do YOU cope and fight against oppression, /lgbt/?
Well I'm an MTF. My parents are trans and homophobic as fuck, and they'd definitely get rid of me if they knew about it. But I had been decieving them for two years now. I take whoremoans every day, still dressing in guyclothes and everything. Since they see me everyday, they don't notice subtle changes like others, or even major ones. My plan's ingeniousness lies in its simplicity. People nowadays often remark that my face is different, I had even been mistaken for a girl a couple of times.
Feels fucking great, as I'm doing this all right beneath their fucking noses. As for coping? I don't. I compulsively overeat. On the other hand, being overweight has given me the perfect excuse why I have titties. I just tell people it's because i'm fat, but in reality I was flat as a board before HRT.
>Have you ever defended who you are against homophobic/transphobic attacks?
No, thank god.
>What are your complaints about the lgbtq+ movement? What do you think can be improved?
Feminists need to get the fuck out of our movement. They're desperately trying to hijack it, so they can spread their gross misandry, their twisted victim logic and other bullshit.
>>
>>5573504
Since I tried to be as closeted as possible while living im my old conservative town, I never really had to deal with anything worse than people saying homophobic or transphobic things in general or laughing at my appearance (I ignored it). One time a girl whose feelings I denied wrote my phone number onto a park bench and put a word "lesbian" near it. I just changed my phone number after three or so calls (probably done by her friends), it's not like I had many people to call, then told my teacher when her friends started sending me death threats. Two of them got expelled, apparently (for several reasons).
Now I live in much bigger and more liberal town, with my grandmother who is pretty homophobic, but we don't have arguments about it anymore, it's not like she will change her opinions after holding them for so long. Never coming out to her, ever - she won't kick me out of the apartment, I'm sure, but I don't want her to be disappointed in me. TV here is pretty homophobic and transphobic, too, but I try to ignore it as much as I can. Same goes for the internet. Sometimes I try to explain to people (online and irl) why I disagree with them, but often it's not worth the effort. Basically, I fight against opression in very passive ways - by signing petitions and offering moral support for my lgbt friends, and by trying not to be an oppressor myself, and I don't defend myself because the only people who know are the ones I trust (and if one of them gives me shit anyway, I act according to the situation).
About the community, it has a lot of negativity going on - trying to decide who is "true" trans or "true" homosexual, designating entire groups of people as enemies even if belonging to this group doesn't automatically make someone trans- or homophobic, shaming members of the community for who they date, how they look or which life choices they make. I think there should be less of it, but it's just my opinion.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.