[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: cyberfem.png (562 KB, 1280x2448) Image search: [Google]
cyberfem.png
562 KB, 1280x2448
Is the binary really toxic?
>>
Good satire.
>>
>>5571934
It was created by the Abrahamic religions, so yes.

As a more difficult one next time.
>>
>>5571952
Is it? AFAIK cyberfeminism is a real thing
>>
>>5572042
I'm guessing so based off of "Defile" and "STRADDLE STRADDLE STRADDLE".

It's a shame because I like transhumanism. I even think there's some generally good language used in that graphic. However, there's no way that graphic would cause transhumanist acceptance. It would do more harm than good. That's why I think it's satire.
>>
I never asked for this
>>
I have a feeling deep in my soul that some day I'm gonna lose my left arm and get a robotic/prosthetic arm. Also I'm trans. Oppositional binaries are bad.
>>
Idk what the binary is but I have no problem with cyborgs.
>>
>>5572062
>>5572042
The infographic's modern but the words and ideas are from a 1980s speculative essay called A Cyborg Manifesto by a feminist studies professor from Santa Cruz
>>
>>5572360
Gross. No wonder people are freaked out about transhumanism. I think being a cyborg would be awesome. All that shit about bestiality or swiss army knife dicks? Ehhhh not so much.
>>
>>5571958
>It was created by the Abrahamic religions
Nature made us sexually dimorphic, not Arabs
>>
File: What even is this.gif (2 MB, 365x205) Image search: [Google]
What even is this.gif
2 MB, 365x205
>>5571934
That infographic is fucking hilarious.
>STRADDLE HUMAN/ANIMAL
I am dying. Pls no
>>
>>5571934
no. but poison is.
>>
File: 1447182922064.png (591 KB, 908x727) Image search: [Google]
1447182922064.png
591 KB, 908x727
As a trans person who also happens to have mechanical parts so is a cyborg this chart is dumb and I hate it.

>Fat listed under trans*

I mean I think trans* is stupid anyway, it's just MtF or FtM, but I cannot begin to understand how fat is a gender.
>>
>>5578078
cyborg tranny is fucking hot.
>>
>>5578100
I mean, if you think so. Personally I think God likes to laugh at me.
>>
File: 1400856115921.jpg (87 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1400856115921.jpg
87 KB, 480x480
>>5571934
>fat
>supporting obesity
>muh cyborgs
>muh genetics
>>
>>5578179
Helps to not believe in god.
>>
>>5578208
I don't, but I think if there is one, he doesn't care one bit for the cut of my jib.

In a more atheistic sense, the random chaos of the universe aligns in such ways as to make my life unpleasant.
>>
>>5578266
Sounds pantheistic. Best religion.
>>
>>5578078
What's your cyborg parts?
>>
I think that the binary is mildly poisonous, but that we're shaking off that poison bit by bit. I mean, you can't deny that there's a clear, solid divide between "male" and "Female" in our culture, that we attribute certain characteristics to each gender. Some of them are backed by science, some of them aren't, but those lines are a huge part of our way of life.

They also happen to be thinning. I think what the people on Tumblr don't realize is that change is a slow, brutal thing. We're not going to collectively wake up one day and realize we're all dicks, and of course, there will always be dicks, but you have to look at things in a matter of decades, not years. We're better now than we were in the 60s then we were in the 20s. They want huge, massive strokes, but that simply isn't the way that humanity works.

More than that, though? They want to be special, they want to stand out, and I don't fault them for it. No one wants to be a cog, but the approach they're taking is trying to prove everyone around them wrong, and that approach is basically going to lead to them sacrificing their very identity for that goal.
>>
>>5571934
I'll straddle some human/animal no problem, especially if it's Fox McCloud <3

He's so hot. He turned me gay/furry. Because of him I am now married to a dude. Thank god the right japs survived the bombings of Tokyo and Hiroshima. Otherwise he wouldn't exist. He's on his way from the Lylat system to rescue me, by the way. Husband will get upset about that I'm sure.
>>
>>5571934
>toxic
kek
>>
>>5578470
I have bits to make my heart keep chugging along.

>>5578350
I suppose so. It's hard not to think there's some driving force to the universe when some people are so lucky and others roll a 1 on every saving throw.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.