[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autism Speaks But Is It Time To Listen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: pondering this.jpg (11 KB, 224x243) Image search: [Google]
pondering this.jpg
11 KB, 224x243
Is it possible to be autistic and not trans at all? I am on HRT now but I was never feminine before whether in personality or appearance unlike other mtfs. I never had stereotypical feminine interests and I don't think I have anything in common with women. It never bothered me that I am not more feminine except when I wanted to attract men who obviously are into it. I am sure I only have an obsession with not looking like a man because I can't irrationally stand these features on me like an autist who gets angry at someone who put autist's favorite train in a place he doesn't like or finds familiar. I also never had a father with me while growing up so maybe that influenced my autistic delusion too.
>>
For me I'm wondering whether my trans feelings are not merely a product of general social non-conformity and aspie obsession, rather than actual gender dysphoria. Thing is, I don't want to be a man. Nothing about being a man represents me, I hate the idea of my frame and body hair growing, yet I don't feel like going all the opposite way either.

Guess it's /femgen/ for now but once I get tested for asperger's I'm definitely talking to a gender therapist next.
>>
>>5571176

ASD is not associated with gender dysphoria. It's certainly possible to be ASD and be trans but it's not proximal. It is more likley that you are able to be influenced by ideas about gender roles that have nothing to do with your personal body, but that's because you are a rigid thinker that doesn't like nonconformity and these days it is socially acceptable to transition without dsyphoria to make your personality seem to fit into appropriate, artifical gender roles

>tl:dr 90% you're a gay faget with assburgers, not an actual medical trannie
>>
>>5571176
>Is it possible to be autistic and not trans at all?
Yes. Next question please.

t. cisgender autist
>>
>>5571953
Yes it is. ASD have higher rates of gender dysphoria. If you ask on reddit they will all tell you "oh blah blah blah reasons" but we all know the real reason is that autistic people are weird and latch onto causes to give themselves an identity
>>
For me I'm wondering if I'm forcing myself so deep in the closet to run away from homosex thoughts that gives me panic that I can only become a woman if I want to accept them.
>>
>>5571176
are you high?? no. just no. autism has little to do with being a transgender, it may make it more likely, but being autistic doesn't make you trans. this is such an autist question man, either that or your high as fuck. either way, the idea of this thread is kind of funny. thx for making my day op.
>>
>>5573110
being trans is actually associated with Personality Disorder and mental illness; ASD diagnoses are also higher in those groups, but it's far more likely to by a psycho than an assburgers as a trannie

>>5573110
>the real reason is that autistic people are weird and latch onto causes to give themselves an identity
>>5573126
>forcing myself so deep in the closet to run away from homosex thoughts that gives me panic that I can only become a woman if I want to accept them.

right. that's what we're talking about, and that is not GID or actual transexualism. It is a cognitive behavior that is resolvable with a variety of theraputic interventions that aren't transition related

>and wearing cute panties and thighhighs from time to time of course
>>
>>5571176
>>5578448
both of you are jerks. also http://www.who.int/hiv/pub/msm/un-statement-lgbti/en/ so >>5578448 you are are wrong according the the world wide health organization, which doesn't make you stupid, it just makes you ignorant as hell, and you should consider educating yourself. i'm sorry if calling you a jerk just feeds your hatred for the community, but for real, you need to get the 21st century.
>>
>>5571176
>>5578583
oops sorry op. i you being a jerk on the wrong board, and i just realized it now. I meant it when i said>>5578448
is a jerk though.
>>
>>5571176
No, that's retarded. There exist women that aren't feminine. Like, shit, we're on /lgbt/, gender nonconforming individuals of all shapes and sizes shouldn't surprise you by now.

Also
>I am sure I only have an obsession with not looking like a man because I can't irrationally stand these features on me
Sounds like physical dysphoria. If you hate looking male and want to look female bad enough to transition, then you have dysphoria, therefore you're trans.
>>5573126
This is retarded, too. It sounds like something someone would come up with after skimming over Freud's wikipedia page. It makes no sense and I highly doubt unconcious thought is that complex. It more fitting in some kind of surreal symbolic movie or something rather than actual human cognition.
>>
>>5571176
trip on rapeyface.
>>
meh, I'm basically an autist with a loose perception of internal identity and little adherence to gender roles, but I just say fuck it and do it anyway if transition appeals to you, you only live once
>>
>>5578583
>research bitch
http://aapel.org/bdp/BLgenderUS.html#data

survey says: you're fucking nuts. Just deal with it, it's not hatred, it's reality
>>
>>5571176
>Is it possible to be autistic and not trans at all?

Obviously, I'm certainly not trans. To be honest, I've never really had strong feelings of gender, traditional notions of masculinity, and femininity have always seemed absolutely stupid to me.
>>
>>5578844
You're right. So many of us don't know who we are. You seem to be well-read, anon. Do you happen to know when/if BPD and ASD in girls/FtMs look alike? And how so? Are the symptoms similar or is there just a high comorbidity. I don't want to make a mistake.
>>
>>5578844
>http://aapel.org/bdp/BLgenderUS.html#data
what institution is this? I can't find it anywhere.

That's not to even say anything about the accusatory tone of the piece, am I being trolled?
>>
>>5578905
Tbh the source is sketchy but I've read this stuff before. It's all true. This is coming from a tranny. Don't run from the truth. You might be a Borderline.
>>
>>5578902

According to the literature(DSM baby) the cut off for GID/trans is when dsyphoria interrupts normal life function to a dsyfunctional level.

So if you can't go out in public, hold a job, go to school, communicate or have healthy relationships, etc etc, SPECIFICALLY because you can't deal with being treated like a guy or a girl then you qualify.

not included are: acting like a fag/butch Not liking or conforming to stereotypical gender roles Experimentlng with or living with gender roleplay or representation Not wanting to be daddy's best boy/pretty little girl

get the picture? Dsyphoria is a life crippling disorder, fucking with your gender role is just normal kid shit
>>
>>5578905

just read the studies, ignore the website
>>
>>5578918
trans people having a higher rate of bpd is not at all surprising given that others and themselves treat them like shit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.