[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Counseling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1453095195619.png (66 KB, 382x395) Image search: [Google]
1453095195619.png
66 KB, 382x395
Where do I go to get counseling? I know this may seem obvious but I really don't know where to go/who to talk to about my sexuality. I'm pretty sure I'm gay and I'm having a really hard time with it.
>inb4 just come out faggot
I don't even know where to begin, counselors know what questions to ask to get me to open up right? And even though it's their job I feel like they will be judging me. I just feel lost and hopeless and don't know where to turn. Help me /lgbt/ pls.
>>
>>5571057
lol. just go on 4chan everytime you feel upset. what i do. one day i was really depressed, because im a transgender woman, and another anon on the advice board made me feel better. you eventually see that being yourself can be awesome, and you should just do that. ^v^
>>
>>5571057
Go to a clinic, counselor or psychiatrist. They are almost all beautifully amazing at their job. Unless you have my counselor. I'd enjoy watching her rot in hell.
>>
File: Icantdoit.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Icantdoit.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
>>5571676

But what if you get one that doesn't believe in the trans?
>>
>>5571622
I kind of do that now, but I think I need something in-person. Talking to anons can only help so much, especially when every second response is "shut up mentally ill faggot." etc.
>>5571676
okay...are there specific counselors for this kind of thing? I feel like someone who normally counsels drug addicts for example wouldn't be what I'm looking for.
>>
>>5571685
Then he/she shouldn't have their job. You're not in the wrong, the person is.
A counselor or psychiatrist should be open minded about every issue someone has. It doesn't matter if they're talking to some neo-nazi, to someone who's genderfluid, or even to someone who's an absolute pussy and whimpers 99% of the time; I've always wanted to be a psychiatrist/counselor, and from the studying I've done, let me tell you; if they judge you, they're wrong. It's as simple as that. They are meant to make you feel better, not make you feel worse, no matter how wrong or right you are.
I really hope this helps you out.
P.S if you get a bad psychiatrist or counselor, just walk out the door when they start judging. No matter how right they are, it's not their job to judge, it's their job to make you do what's right in your mind.
>>
>>5571709
Didn't read this; If you happen to be under 18 (Which you shouldn't be here if you are, w/e though) then you want to go to a Youth Clinic. They're hard to locate, but most community centers have them. They will help you with things all the way from birth control, to mental guidance. However, they may judge you time to time, but in this case, allow them. They've spent years talking to children and teenagers, and they can help you out a lot.

If you're over 18, any psychiatrist or counselor should do the trick for you. But, some of them are more specific to one type of mental assistance; for instance, like you said, one might counsel drug addicts better, one might counsel mental health better. They should mention that in their description whether you are finding the person on a website, or on a billboard/advertisement.

But, most drug counselors work at mental institutions and rehabilitation facilities, so it's kind of hard to find a drug addict counselor over a mental health one.

Once you find a good one, talk to them about everything; I seriously mean everything. Maybe except some things that would threaten your own life. Look at it as some sort of way to repent. Except this time, you actually get help, rather than just being told "ayy ur forgiven lmao"
>>
>>5571791
I'm 21.
I'll make sure to check their description and whatnot, I'll probably find one online I suppose.
I'm going to try to find one while I still have some motivation. I'm tired of feeling like shit all the time. I'm scared but it's got to be better than living confused depressed and angry.
And I know not to tell them I am or have been suicidal. I don't want to be committed, and I'm not a threat to myself. But I have had thoughts of killing myself and still do sometimes. Do you think it would be important to tell them I've thought about it in the past?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.