[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If SJW gays believe that being exclusively attracted to masculine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: 1451766080608.jpg (19 KB, 179x265) Image search: [Google]
1451766080608.jpg
19 KB, 179x265
If SJW gays believe that being exclusively attracted to masculine men instead of feminine men is due to "internalized homophobia," then why don't they believe that all gays are "misogynistic" because they are all exclusively attracted to men instead of women?
>>
when will gays just accept that theyre really just women?
>>
They do. Why do you care what SJWs believe though? It's like wondering what schizophrenics believe.
>>
I just hate all men to keep it simple
>>
>>5564995
Ew, God no.
>>
It's trying to pull apart whether this selective attraction for masculine men is just because they inherently like masculine men or because there is some cultural and societal influence that discourages them from being attracted to feminine men. Personally I understand people have a type and don't really think this is internalised homophobia. That is when gay men consider anything feminine that another guy does or that they themselves do is a bad thing.
>>
>>5564964
>If SJW gays believe that being exclusively attracted to white men instead of black men is due to "racism," then why don't they believe that all gays are "misogynistic" because they are all exclusively attracted to men instead of women?
>>
>>5566948
OP here. I actually agree with that too.
>>
>tfw gay sjw
>tfw exclusively attracted to dominant masculine men
>>
>>5567483
I should also add that I obsess a lot over straight men, so chances are I am indeed struggling with internalized homophobia.
>>
>>5564964
They do believe that.
>>
>>5567483
>>5567490
It's not really so much that I am internally homophobic, I have no problem with flamers... I just don't find them sexually attractive, like, at all.
>>
I hope you realize that sjws already believe that gay men have internalized misogyny.

http://www.vice.com/read/gay-men-and-their-not-so-cute-misogyny-problem

https://newrepublic.com/article/120565/mcgowan-hilton-banks-controversies-are-gay-men-misogynistic

http://thoughtcatalog.com/ryan-oconnell/2012/01/whats-the-deal-with-misogynistic-gay-men/
>>
>>5567490
But straight men are, more often than not, objectively better boyfriend material than gay men.

>less likely to have mental issues for having been able to have a normal childhood/adolescence
>They have been told their objective in life is to settle down and form a family
>No chance they are part of the gay community which we all know is toxic as fuck
>Way less likely to have HIV
>They will never speak like sassy black women
>More of then than not they are naturally masculine and don't need to 'act' it like the masc4masc gays
>>
>>5569492
>emotional depth of a piece of cardboard
>bare minimum grooming
>falls for women's dating games
>constantly trying to prove thejr masculinity
>homophobic more often than anyone else
No thanks, I'll stick to the gays
>>
>>5569492
that's just wishful thinking anon and you know it. The grass is always greener on the other side. The only things I can really agree on are
>More of then than not they are naturally masculine and don't need to 'act' it like the masc4masc gays
>Way less likely to have HIV
>They will never speak like sassy black women
The rest are debatable. I've known hoards of straight guys who weren't quite sane for example. Well, in my opinion very few people are, but seriously.
>They have been told their objective in life is to settle down and form a family
I'd argue with the conent of that statement, but nevertheless it's true that a lot of men hear that. Doesn't mean they actually follow it lol. Just look at straight marriages. Like over half of them end in divorce.
>No chance they are part of the gay community which we all know is toxic as fuck
I personally prefer the gay community way more than the straights. At least most of us are somewhat original, and are capable of independent thinking if nothing else. Straight people are usually sheep and incredibly boring. Especially straight men with their gross fascination with sports, cars, BEING EXTREME, being the ALPHA, wait, does it make me gay if I put lotion over my hands that are so cracked and dry that a desert lizard actually lives on them? Oh and I forgot their source of all inspiration, PUSSY.
ugh, I totally just grossed myself out, I've got to go puke.
>>
>>5569645
I'd take a sports and cars alpha male over feather boas and cha-cha heels queen any day of the week, anon. Even the biggest queens of the community admit that masculinity is more attractive than femininity. How many times have you actually seen anyone say "no masc" as opposed to "no fems"?
>>
>>5569645
>At least most of us are somewhat original, and are capable of independent thinking if nothing else. Straight people are usually sheep and incredibly boring. Especially straight men with their gross fascination with sports, cars, BEING EXTREME, being the ALPHA

kek, not saying you're wrong with straight guys being like sheep, but gay guys are like that too. Just take a look: most of them dress the same way, listen to the same music (which usually is the pop diva of the week), watch the exactly same shows (mostly because they have one lgbt character in them). Not to mention their fascination with labels for every single thing (bear, otter, bull, bunny, twink, etc.)

Yeah we're different from straights, but there's no way the gay community can be described as 'original' when it's just a huge stereotype.
>>
File: 1441223790280.jpg (45 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
1441223790280.jpg
45 KB, 650x365
What do you call when you're attracted only to muscled guys smooth shaven with long hair?
>>
>>5569617
>emotional depth of a piece of cardboard
Which means they don't tend to be drama queens, which is a good thing.

>bare minimum grooming
Which means they don' take forever to get ready to go out, which is a good thing.

>falls for women's dating games
Gay dating is literally fucking with strangers until you find a stranger you'd like to fuck more than once.

>constantly trying to prove thejr masculinity
As opposed to masc gays, right?

>homophobic more often than anyone else
Well, duh. Being gay and homophobic would be pretty stupid, and still gay guys love to put down other gays throwing bitchy lines from the movie 'Mean Girls'
>>
>>5569715
>I'd take a sports and cars alpha male over feather boas and cha-cha heels queen any day of the week, anon.
That's strawman and you know it. Also how'd you react if a straight person said that gays wear feather boas, cha-cha heels and were flamboyant? You'd tell them they were wrong and fucking homophobes, because 90% of the gay community isn't like that. That's quite a bit of internalized homophobia you have there. Sorry.
>masculinity is more attractive than femininity.
I won't argue with that. But most gay men are plenty masculine. Provided they don't parade in a feather boa at the time of inspection. Yes, that was my attempt at lightening the mood.
>>5569720
>most of them dress the same way
Somewhat true, but what do you want them to wear?
>listen to the same music (which usually is the pop diva of the week)
Definitely false. Sure a lot of gays have an appreciation for pop divas, but so do straights guys.
>watch the exactly same shows (mostly because they have one lgbt character in them).
But that's not being sheep. That just means normal shows don't cater to our interests, they don't portray our problems or provide - and I hate to use tumblr buzzwords - representation. It's easier to connect to LGBT characters and protagonists. That's just human nature.
>Not to mention their fascination with labels for every single thing (bear, otter, bull, bunny, twink, etc.)
I have nothing to defend this though. On the other hand it's useful, because if I tell you that I'm into muscle bears, otters and dislike twinks and chubs, you get a pretty good idea of what kind of men am I attracted to.
>>
>tfw masculine looking but femme and fruity as fuck
Take that, libtards.
>>
>>5569857
>That's strawman and you know it. Also how'd you react if a straight person said that gays wear feather boas, cha-cha heels and were flamboyant? You'd tell them they were wrong and fucking homophobes, because 90% of the gay community isn't like that.
No I wouldn't. I would acknowledge that they are right and hang my head in shame because this is what my community has been reduced to. The best I can do is at least show them that I am not part of the 99% that parade themselves around in fishnets and assless chaps. Also, I'm not internally homophobic. I am quite content with being openly bi.
>>
>>5564964
they do though
>gays are misogynistic because they don't like women
>bisexuals are transphobic because they don't wanna fuck polygendered helicopterkin
>lesbians are transphobic because they don't like dick
>trannies are racist, classist, ableist, transphobic if they believe you need dysphoria to be trans

literally no winning with them unless you have the "right" beliefs
>>
File: consider-the-following.jpg (25 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
25 KB, 300x301
>>5570025
>Also, I'm not internally homophobic.
Yes you are. And quite oblivious at that too.
>I am quite content with being openly bi.
So what's the issue here? Start telling people you're straight, date women and have 2.1 children. What are you even doing in the LGBT community if you are ashamed of us so much? Nobody has forced you to join. And unlike gays you do have the option to go straight.
Do it. Toss us into the garbage where we belong. If you'd like, maybe you could even punch a couple of feminine faggots on your way out.
>>
>>5570163
>What are you even doing in the LGBT community if you are ashamed of us so much?
I'm part of the community because I AM LITERALLY PART OF THE COMMUNITY. I am bisexual, that makes me part of the LGBT community by default. I'm not ashamed of the LGBT community itself, I'm ashamed of the overplayed stereotypes that plague our culture, and the fact that we buy right into them, hook, line, and sinker.
>"You do have the option to go straight."
No, I don't. I can date women all I want, but I'm still attracted to men, and vice versa. Literally nothing can change that.
>"Toss us into the garbage where we belong."
Which one of us has the internalized homophobia again?
>>
>>5569449
but they often are misogynists
>>
>>5570575
You're goddamn right I am.
>>
>>5570764
at least you'll cop to that
>>
File: 1448472866979.png (12 KB, 275x260) Image search: [Google]
1448472866979.png
12 KB, 275x260
>>5569734
>no answer
Thanks guys.
>>
>>5570548
I still think you'd be better off being with a woman, as you are clearly unhappy with the LGBT folks. You really could cut ties, you don't need us. What do you really have to lose if you say you're straight? Nothing. Lots of bisexuals do it. No conflict, not having to deal with people who'll associate flamboyant gays with you. Is that really such a bad thing? Just because you have same sex attractions doesn't mean you have to act on them :)
>>
File: 1410622609254.jpg (201 KB, 1116x1678) Image search: [Google]
1410622609254.jpg
201 KB, 1116x1678
>>5567490
Are straight men obsessing over lesbians suffering from "internalized heterophobia"?
>>
>>5564995
I already did m8
>>
>>5570830
There's no answer because there's no name for that. You are attracted to long haired guys with muscles and little body hair. That's it.

>>5569857
>what do you want them to wear?
Nothing in particular. But I won't say that someone has an original style if he dresses like everyone else. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that it isn't original.

>Sure a lot of gays have an appreciation for pop divas, but so do straights guys
Honestly, I can only talk from personal experience here, and I have never seen a straight guy obsess about a pop diva the same way gay guys do. Sure, I know some straight guys who think that Lady Gaga has some cool songs, but never saw any calling her 'mama monster' and bashing on madonna for being old, for example.

>But that's not being sheep. That just means normal shows don't cater to our interests
Fair enough. But why liking sports is being a sheep, then? It's just an activity (or a sort of show, for the ones who enjoy watching) that simply caters to their interests.
>>
>>5570841
>Just because you have same sex attractions doesn't mean you have to act on them :)
Same could be said for you, eh?
>>
>>5571307
That's capitalism for you, everyone dresses alike. But I meant that the LGBT is quite original in worldview, mindset or humor. Not fashion. Though, for the record, the leading fashion designers have lots of gays, as you well know.
>Sure, I know some straight guys who think that Lady Gaga has some cool songs, but never saw any calling her 'mama monster' and bashing on madonna for being old, for example.
Well, Lady Gaga can't fill entire stadiums with just gays. Statistics apply here as usual. 5% of the population is gay at all times. Maybe at her concert there's 10% who's gay, but the rest? Straight. And half of that is men. Just some food for thought. Also Madonna IS old, lol.
>Fair enough. But why liking sports is being a sheep, then? It's just an activity (or a sort of show, for the ones who enjoy watching) that simply caters to their interests.
But it isn't at the very core of their personalities and identity. Being LGBT is. You can stop watching sports and nothing happens, but you can never stop loving who you love. Queer folks watching LGBT shows is different, because it may in fact save their lives - whether it is protecting them from suicide or warning them about hate crimes or STDs. QAF in particular portrays a wide range of issues, and imparts wisdom upon the viewer. Sports does not.
Sports is something all men hear all about growing up, that it is manly, that they should like it or they're sissies (creating internalized homophobia) basically it's brainwashing. From the television to the radio, everywhere you're flooded with it. Can they really claim they like it because they do, or because they bought into the PR and media of a multi-billion dollar business? I think it's fair to say it's the latter. Same with cars, being the ALPHA etc. It's just.. you're standing over there and thinking, have y'all ever had a single original thought? Of course, there are plenty of exceptions nowadays, but it's still a thing.
>>
>>5571386
I'm just pulling your leg mate. I'm trying to highlight the fact that you do have a problem. At first I thought you had a problem with your sexuality, but you seem secure enough in that, good for you :) Anyway, nobody says you have to be flamboyant, but being ashamed of your own community is not healthy. It's quite a self-hating mindset. I see a lot of masc4masc guys who think like that. It's quite sad really. And transparent lol: "Look at me, how masc I am! I go to the gym every day! What? What do you mean I still sound like a 14 year old prepubescent boy?"
Being feminine or flamboyant isn't horrible. It's a vestige you carry around because you were raised a certain way or witnessed something - to think feminine boys are worse or wrong somehow. That being gay is shameful. That is internalized homophobia, with a dash of gender policing. Once you let go of that, you'll realize, who the fuck cares what others think?

That said, our Prides could use some rules. The assless chaps, dildoes, nakedness and overt sexuality has to go. But the rest is fine.
>>
>>5571773
>But it isn't at the very core of their personalities and identity
Why not? Everything is part of our personalities and identity. Yes, maybe the stuff you like is not as big of a deal as sexual orientantion is, but it still contributes to make you who you are.

>You can stop watching sports and nothing happens
Yes, something does happen. To stop doing something you enjoy makes it so your overall happiness is affected. Sure, no one is going to fall into a depression becaue they can't watch football anymore, but they wouldn't be as happy as they could be if they were able to watch it.

>Queer folks watching LGBT shows is different, because it may in fact save their lives - whether it is protecting them from suicide or warning them about hate crimes or STDs. QAF in particular portrays a wide range of issues, and imparts wisdom upon the viewer. Sports does not.

Now here I disagree completely. Sports can be very benefical for a person, even if they only watch them on tv. Supporting a team other people support makes you feel you belong to a group of people, that you have peers, that you are not alone. That alone can be enough to save someone's life, or to make someone's life happier, even if just a little. And other important stuff can be learnt from them, such as the importance of teamwork and having a sense of camaraderie with your equals.

>>5571773
>Can they really claim they like it because they do, or because they bought into the PR and media of a multi-billion dollar business?

The same question can be asked about gay people who like everything that's marketed to and created for them. Can they really say the like it because they do or because they were taught that liking that stuff was the 'right way' to be gay, just how straight men were taught that liking all the stuff you listed is what 'men do'? There is a whole business that caters to lgbt people too. Of course, it's not as big, but it is there and it sure tells people what they should like.
>>
>>5571998
>no one is going to fall into a depression becaue they can't watch football anymore
And that's the bottom line. gays watching LGBT cinema and shows is fundamentally different, and more important.
>Supporting a team other people support makes you feel you belong to a group of people, that you have peers, that you are not alone.
What need have straight people for a group to belong to? Literally the whole world is their playground, not to mention dating for them is like, the easiest thing. Nobody is going to kick them out for being straight or beat them up for it. Also sports, in particular football is infamous for fan hooliganism and violence. That's not the kind of people they should be hanging out with if they're feeling lonely. Which they shouldn't be feeling, since y'know, being straight=ezmode.
> And other important stuff can be learnt from them, such as the importance of teamwork and having a sense of camaraderie with your equals.
You can learn that from any friendship.
>The same question can be asked about gay people who like everything that's marketed to and created for them.
Not really. Pray tell, what is it that's being marketed towards gays? Especially at the size of a multi-billion dollar business? Literally nothing. Are you talking about products or like tv shows or something? I know of no products aimed at us, but the tv-show Looking was a huge flop,despite it being marketed towards gays. Or The new normal. and a bunch of gay films.
Though, you can't really blame the LGBT community for embracing any service or product marketed towards them, since they rarely (read: never) had that before the 2010's.They're going to want to support those mainstream companies that help them. Half of their decision will be a political statement: yes I support companies who support me and my rights. Straight consumers have no such motivations. They just consume mindlessly. Like sheep.
>>
File: banana.png (116 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
banana.png
116 KB, 500x332
YLYL
>>
>>5570045
Not winning is the entire point though. Tumblr SJ is this insane game of Calvinball where theyre constantly making up new rules and terms and categories and subcategories and exceptions to rules ect ect on the fly. Then when you inevitably break one of their arbitrary rule of the week they get to call you a shitlord.
>>
>>5572302
>What need have straight people for a group to belong to?Literally the whole world is their playground, not to mention dating for them is like,the easiest thing

They need it as much as any other person. Being straight doesn't equate being automatically accepted in every instance of life. Yes, it is easier for them to date, but life isn't only about that. They still need to feel they belong to somewhere, and find people they can share their lifes with -again, not only at a romantic level.

>You can learn that from any friendship
So? That doesn't invalidate it every other way to learn those things. In any case, it's much easier to be a sports fan than making true friends, so it's easier and more effective to learn that stuff from them.

>>5572302
>Pray tell, what is it that's being marketed towards gays? Especially at the size of a multi-billion dollar business? Literally nothing
So there's no gay literature? no gay music (musicals, especially)? no gay 'culture' that people just accept because they are gay? Of course the business will never be as big as the one catering to straight people, simply because its audience is considerably smaller. There is no need for it to be that big.

>you can't really blame the LGBT community for embracing any service or product marketed towards them
Of course not. The same way you can't really blame the straight community for embracing any service or product marketed towards them.

>Straight consumers have no such motivations. They just consume mindlessly
They don't have such motivations becaus they don't need them. But that doesn't mean they consume anything mindlessly. They will still choose things based on other aspects of their lives. For example, their political views and the news programs they decide to watch.

Yes, at the end of the day they still are sheep, but they do choose the sheppherd that caters the most to the rights they think they deserve and the view of the world they have. Just like lgbt people.
>>
>>5564964
>SJWs
>Lodgic

also.

>Taste in partners is a reflection of how you view people as people and can make you racist/sexist
Stupidest logic ever. This would mean that gay men are sexist against women. You do not have to justify taste. I like cheese burgers, because I like cheeseburgers and I think seaweed tastes like fish buttholes.

Unless you start mandating sex quotas this is retarded. You haven't fucked enough Chinese Lesbian Bureaucrats, you goddamn shitlord!
>>
>>5569734
BRUUUUTAL
>>
>>5571883
I wasn't the bi dude who posted that, I was just trying to point out the hypocrisy in your statement senpai
>>
SJW bullshit really is a shame, it's really hampered actual feminism.

Part of being gay is about rejecting women, rejecting the expectations / demands that you find a woman, all that sort of shit and some gay dudes (especially in the past before social media made everyone a lot more interconnected) fall into the trap of equating the bad behavior of their mothers and sisters and so on with all women, and turning "I'm not sexually interested in women" into "I'm not interested in women on any level and I don't care about their mistreatment or the challenges they face, especially compared to my own"

That really is "misogyny" and there are plenty of gay men that inadvertently think that way, and it's perfectly understandable.
>>
>>5573272
>"I'm not interested in women on any level and I don't care about their mistreatment or the challenges they face, especially compared to my own"
Just to put things into perspective: maybe because it's illegal being gay in over 70 countries. In another 10 they'll torture then kill you for it. There isn't a single place on Earth where being a straight woman is illegal or people kill them for simply existing.
Literally even in the shittiest of thirld world countries, straight women have it better than any LGBT person. It's really hard to care about the welfare of straight women, when you're the one who has to hide every day so you may yet live another day.
Also feminists are fucking hypocrites. 'hurrr manspreading, mansplaining! men are evil' 'what? no, islam is a religion of peace!' 'what do you mean they kill gays, rape women and and practice honor killings? It's just part of their culture lol' 'ALL MEN ARE PIGS'

This is why nobody takes feminists seriously.
>>
>>5564964
Most of the time it goes beyond lack of attraction. Most masc4masc guys are outright douchebags towards fems. And fuck, most guys who think they're masc are hardly even masc.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.