[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help Me MtF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Unknown.png (235 B, 180x90) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
235 B, 180x90
18 Year Old Mtf
Coming Out: (all of this just happened) Anyways I digress. So today when I finished exams I went home and told my mother I was going to get some new shoes. She asked me which shoes and I said pink converse high tops. The only reason I really wanted these was to hint my mother. Either way they were nice shoes and I needed new ones. She told me I couldn't get them because my father might get pissed at her for buying them. (He is gone for business now.) Overall she didn't seem too put off. She just made jokes later like "come here, check out this pink thing". Later in the night my sister was complaining to her about me wanting the shoes (she thinks ill ruin her "image"). So we were all talking and my mother said "not that there is anything wrong with this but, people might see those shoes as gay. I nervously said "I'm not gay". Next she said "your not a Caitlyn are you" while laughing. I laughed nervously and drank water to pretend I wasn't talking. She said "you don't want to change your gender or have surgery for boobs haha". I said I don't want any surgeries and said "I have to go upstairs and study". My sister was mortified. My mother was kind of chuckling nervously. I went to my room and studied. I was shaking. Five minutes later she came in and said "I know you just like those shoes because you like them. I said I like them and they are cool. She said, "you want to change your gender and have surgery" (she obviously has no idea what hormones are). I giggled nervously saying "you got it". She kept asking me things and I said "I have to study" She softly said "you can talk to me" and stuff. I said I know and she said "if you are having these feelings we can take you to someone to help you". Not sure if gender therapist or conversion type of therapist. Anyways It just kinda ended on her not really being completely sure of anything and her leaving saying she loves me.
>>
>>5551441
congratulations, your mother is cautiously supportive of you, now don't be an autist at her, and ask to see your GP to be referred to a gender clinic
>>
Connect with your mom. She will say ignorant and maybe invasive things because we aren't really taught about trans people in society at large. It'll be okay.
>>
That could have gone a lot worse. Congrats on coming out.
>>
Sounds like it went well. Awkward is always. Talk to her about it and let her know you're serious and not some fickle faggot
>>
Definitely educate her about hormones and surgery and explain (if true) that you don't want surgery, etc.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.