[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you "came out" as trans in the past 2-5 years and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 71sJpKGagtL.jpg (210 KB, 1400x2101) Image search: [Google]
71sJpKGagtL.jpg
210 KB, 1400x2101
If you "came out" as trans in the past 2-5 years and you've never read this book, don't be surprised if people call you out for being a bandwagon jumping dipshit
>>
Looks pretentious, is it?
>>
>>5548944
has anyone read that book besides you OP? never heard about it (that doesn't mean much desu)
>>
>Intersex meme

Get out.
>>
File: 1451289430486.gif (252 KB, 371x371) Image search: [Google]
1451289430486.gif
252 KB, 371x371
>>5548988
I thought about saying "if you've never heard of this book"
That makes it even more obvious that you have no interest in the thing that you've ruined your life with
>>
>>5549089
>the thing that you've ruined your life with
not yet, but hopefully sometime soon. so what is this book even about?
>>
>>5549130
A guy who was born a girl with descended testicles. the start of the book is mostly about his ancestors in Romania or some shit, it doesn't get to the trans part until book 3 or 4 of 4. There's a chapter near the end called "Gender Dysphoria In San Francisco"
the main thing is that it came out in 2002, back when the only people who knew anything about that shit were people who were genuinely interested in the subject or actually lived with it instead of hearing about it on tumblr
>>
>>5548944

I wish I came out 5 years ago, at least if that would have gotten me HRT, anyway.
>>
>>5549089
Give us the red pill then because you clearly think there's some great wisdom that we've missed.
>>
>>5548944
never heard of it.
>>
>>5548944
i'm FTM, i came out three years ago, and i've read the book... but it's not about transgender people and isn't very relevant to trans issues. the main character is intersex and i didn't connect with his story/experiences/etc at all. i think most trans people probably would feel the same way; i've even read some reactions/reviews from trans people who felt very negatively about the book. i mean, yeah, there were a few passages that made me tear up, but overall it's really not very relevant to trans people.
>>
>>5549351
it's me again, i forgot to add that before i had come out to myself and come to terms with my gender issues i actively avoided any media that dealt with the concept of switching bodies, changing sex, intersexuality, etc. it was terrifying to be confronted with these sorts of narratives before i understood my own feelings about my gender. they made me feel exposed and raw, made me think about things i had spent years trying to ignore and forget, made me feel ashamed, made me feel depressed, etc. just because a trans person hasn't read or seen any given well-known media about gender doesn't mean they're not "serious" about being trans. for a lot of us, it means we were trying as best we could to protect ourselves.
>>
>>5549351
I'm MtF. Read this book in 2007, and I completely agree with you anon.

I can confirm that OP is a fucking retard who made a thread that misses their own point (if they even had one).
>>
my s/o's sister has that book... i read the back cover years ago thought it sounded boring as shit, and figured i'd probably hate it cuz i don't like her taste in books (her favourite author at the time was miranda july who i can't fucking stand...) so i didn't...

being a transguy doesn't mean i have to read shit i don't find interesting...

i don't go seeking out lgbt movies cuz most of those are garbage too so... yeah...
>>
File: Luna_novel_hardback_cover.jpg (10 KB, 463x700) Image search: [Google]
Luna_novel_hardback_cover.jpg
10 KB, 463x700
This one's the most realistic.
>>
>>5548944
Does the OP understand what the book it posted is about?
This >>5549351 >>5549417
>>
ftm,i was just thinking about this book
i've always felt abnormal
this book made me feel bad about wanting to be a boy :( I stuffed those feelings down inside and felt very, very sad.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.