[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I do if I think I might be gay but I'm in the military?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: coop.jpg (16 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
coop.jpg
16 KB, 500x384
What do I do if I think I might be gay but I'm in the military? Even though it's legal gays are still the joke of every battalion and are ostracized plus they don't have tumblr dyed rainbow haired hug groups to fall behind like in the regular world

The problem is I'm a virgin so I don't know if I'm straight or gay
>>
>>5542250
what the fuck would you do besides keeping your autistic mouth shut?
>>
You should probably keep it quiet since there's no reason to come out and since you're a virgin questioning your sexuality you should probably explore it more before even coming to that decision yourself.

Unless you met a fellow military gay guy and you wanted to start a relationship with him then I don't see the point in coming out, and even then I would probably keep it on the down-low just because I don't see why your sexuality is the business of anyone in your squad
>>
>>5542265
>>5542265
>>5542265
>>
I guess hit up Grindr to find other gay military people. Maybe people in your unique situation might be using it for more than just getting a nut off? And if not, you can always use it to get a nut off.
>>
Just be yourself. There are plenty of tools outside of your chain of command that can help you if you feel discriminated against.

I don't know what branch you're in, but you can also go see a mental health professional any time. When I was in they had an office separate from every other thing right on the base, but I don't know where you are. You can talk to them about your sexuality and it will be a safe place since it's ok to be gay. They might even be able to direct you to a support group.
>>
What's the military like, senpai?
>>
>>5542250
your sexuality is none of their business. If you become close friends with one and trust them enough that you feel comfortable telling them, sure. But at the end of the day your professional and personal life are not one and the same.
>>
Hey I feel you man. I'm joining the Army this April and I'm gay. Well I've always believed that I'm gay since 6th grade. I'm also a virgin and not out to everyone except for a few close friends I trust. Anyway, I guess what you can do is to keep your mouth shut about your sexuality because nobody really bothers with petty feelings in basic. Everyone else will be focusing on themselves they have their own shit to worry about. Unless they ask you then you answer truthfully.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.