[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Support Groups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
So I'm going to my first trans support group meeting tn

What should I expect? Share ur stories plz
>>
>>5537776
lol

lots of hons, a very sad future for yourself, 55 year old football player sized men in either poodle skirts, or hooker outfits, talking over everyone and telling 16 year old trans guys about patriarchy, literally not letting anyone other than themselves and the other hons talk, and being really creepy and overly touchy because "that's what women do", pulling younger vulnerable trannies into their hon lifestyle by "helping" them with clothing choices that make them look like frumpy old ladies and completely out of place in the real world.

maybe they aren't all like that, but in my experience that's how it goes. decide carefully.
>>
>>5537839
Sounds great!
A-at least there'll be free snacks
>>
>>5537839
So basically if you're a passable mtf you shouldn't go?
>>
>>5537941
I don't think it's so much about passing vs non-passing, as much as how much self-respect you have. I don't know, I'm torn on it. It would have been great if there were any successfully transitioned trans women there. The lack of them and the amount of self-delusion made my dysphoria worse.
>>
You're going to see hons that's for sure. I went to a support group not long ago and everyone seemed friendly but that's just my experience.

Like >>5537839 said, the hons tend to talk the most which kinda sucks because it's hard to relate to those kinds of people and I'd rather listen to the stories of younger, more relatable trans people. I still liked the experience because it was really my first experience seeing other trans people in person.

I'm going again this friday. Worst case scenario you have to listen to some hons for a few hours. Best case scenario you learn some stuff and make some friends.
>>
>>5537776
I went to one once early on. It was a couple of hons, and then a bunch of others my age, but they were mostly tumblr fags. They safe space eachother hard. A few of them actually passed super well, but yeah. It was a joke. Literally made me feel even worse about being a tranny knowing that most are like that.
>>
>>5537776
I spent most of my time in the chans early transition, and everyone always rags on support groups, so I was always scared to go to one of them

But like, I went to one that was for all LGBT people and it was fantastic. Most people were great. Met my roommate there, and I made tons of friends cis and trans

Just try it. You never know if it might end up being great. If it sucks, then whatever, you just wasted a little bit of time, and you have a funny story to tell everytime someone starts a thread like this
>>
hons lots and lots of hons. including myself.
>>
>>5537982
>>5537839

That's pretty much the situation, most of the people who go there year after year after year are SUPER hon never pass-tier and it's weird as fk. Hons talk a lot to try to validate their own existence and it's boring and sad.

However this tells you something; either you never pass and you are stuck with this support group forever (Hon-life). Or you pass and never have to go back to the support group ever again and fade away into normal society.

There were only 3 girls there that were passing when I went to mine, and they only went because they wanted to give hope that you don't have to be hon tier. I had a decent conversation with one, but yeah like.. jesus christ it's intolerable.

Also, I was pre-HRT and got He'd by some man hambeast weeaboo who wanted to talk about Japan when I went. So trans people are varied and just as shitty as real people. Enjoy.
>>
Hons, but probably mostly tumblrkids. It will be gigantic hugbox. Stay out of politic conversations unless it's something reasonable. Don't bring up insecurities like you don't 'feel trans enough'.

I used to attend support groups, first because I was alone and scared and eventually moved on to 'veteran' aka the trans people that have their shit together, been through it and focus more on helping everyone else. It was fucking great, no one was triggered, social issue discussions were fairly rational and void of extremism. While supportive, we did talk about the pros and cons of transitioning, but we also didn't force people into transitioning. Hope you can find an untainted group, OP. A lot of these new kiddies pushed a lot of us out.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.