[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does the United States prison system handle transgender people ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 1136x640
How does the United States prison system handle transgender people ?
>>
If you're cute and pass= women's jail Hon= men's jail
>>
>>5534384
I'm not an Amerifag but, from what I've gathered from documentaries and such MtF are housed in genpop with males until/unless they go under the knife. Probably the same (but reverse) for FtM
>>
Considering the small number of trans people in the population I think we should be more concerned with how the prison system effects men. Specifically how the government and big businesses use men in prison as slaves, having them work for $0.15 a hour to buy $1 packs of ramen, and how female correctional officers are raping the men they are in charge of.
>>
>>5534401
I'm not worried as much as I am curious
>>
>>5534394
FTMs always go to female prison. Everyone wants to go to female prison, it is like adult daycare.
>>
>>5534401
Because none of these issues affect women in prison? Are you stupid?
>>
>>5534500
Women's prison get more funding, more visitation rights, more off facility rights, more programs for rehabilitation and better living conditions. Whats more, women get less time in prison for the same offenses are they are more likely to get early parole.
>>
>>5534401
>Specifically how the government and big businesses use men in prison as slaves
http://www.loc.gov/rr/program/bib/ourdocs/13thamendment.html
>>
>>5534384

By having an influx of BEES
>>
>>5534531
Your right $0.15 a hour is a reasonable wage for road work! Slaves were held against their will and forced to work for no pay, these men are just held against their will and paid $0.15 a hour.
>>
>>5534589
>I'm too retard to read a constitutional amendment which consists of a single sentence
>>
>>5534391
>>5534384
Not really.

If you have had SRS, which usually means you're 40+ hon, you go to womens prison. If you're cute, passable, but haven't afforded SRS, you go to mens prison, and will have to spend 5 years for stealing a candy bar.
>>
>>5534589
If they don't want to be in prison, and work for such wages, they shouldn't have committed the crime in the first place.
It costs money to keep the prison going, and all the fees that come with it.
>>
>>5534674
>because I can't afford srs/it's not on my insurance that means no young trans girl can

This mejmej needs to go.
>>
>>5534682
>What is a general statement
Autism at it's finest.
>>
>>5534384
Pre-opt mtf go to men's
Pre-opt ftm go to women's
Post-opt it's flip
>>
>>5534674
>If you have had SRS, which usually means you're 40+ hon
Topkek. You're just a sad fuck.
>>
>>5534589
To be completely fair, like 99% of their paycheck is docked for prison fees kappa.
>>
>>5534678
It's easy to make a shit load of money just have mommy and daddy buy it for you.
Niggas hooked on crack and people who are homeless make up jail.
Assault and battery and assault with a dangerous weapon on my mom and her bf
2 charges for each crime 4 felonys
High school drop out and 19
Yes I should have just be rich and successful I can pick what I want in life.
>>
>>5534772
>Assault and battery and assault with a dangerous weapon on my mom and her bf
>Yes I should have just be rich and successful I can pick what I want in life.

>I don't want to take responsibility for anything I do, because poor me, I'm so oppressed and shouldn't be blamed for the crimes I commit
>>
>>5534678
Except the majority of prison inmates are in prison for non-violent offences. The US has the highest conviction rate in the western world. And it is specifically men who are adversely effected by this because their labor is much, much more productive than women's.
>>
>>5534674
>goes to prison
>bangs a qt mtf boipussy 24/7

now i understand why the mass shootings in USA.
>>
>>5534790
No I'm happy about being a criminal
But a single mother can only do so much
>>
>>5534404
That's pretty silly desu

>>5534589
So being paid $0.15 an hour is somehow worse than being paid nothing?

>>5534835
>And it is specifically men who are adversely effected by this because their labor is much, much more productive than women's.
That's not the prison system's fault. We're not going to STOP using prisoner labor just because it makes you upset. That's part of how the prison system works. And complaining about it is distracting from actual problems, e.g. that the treatment of transgender inmates is not consistent with the logical basis for gender-segregated prisons, and the fact that male inmates are exposed to an extreme level of rape and abuse.
>>
>>5535020
Not that guy, but how is that silly? You think anyone would prefer male prison?
>>
>>5535148
It goes against the whole principle of having gender segregated prisons. What danger does a cis man pose to female inmates that a trans man does not?
>>
Like any other violent alpha scumbag.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (19 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
19 KB, 500x367
>>5534384
Well it could BEE better
>>
>>5535194
a functioning penis
>>
>>5535382
>penises are an inherent threat to women's safety

This misandrist feminazi meme needs to die. It's why we have the double standard of people freaking out about MtFs entering women's spaces and demanding that they chop their dick off in order to gain access or change their birth certificate/ID, while on the other hand, hardly anyone gives a shit about FtMs entering men's spaces and even fewer people demanding that they have bottom surgery in order to be legally recognized as a man.
>>
>>5535427
Chill dude, it was a joke.
>>
>>5534384
poorly
>>
>>5535382
And why exactly is that the sole relevant characteristic? I'd think physical strength is far more significant.
>>
>>5534384
A lot of states are dick = men's prison, vagina = women's prison.

A few have more enlightened rules.
>>
>>5534513
And transwomen almost universally get maximum sentences.
>>
>>5534682
>>5535020
>We're not going to stop the machine from exploiting that's what it's designed to do. This is somehow acceptable
Yes. It's insulting and a massive injustice that they may be robbed like that. Their physical labor is worth much more than .15.

Eat your pheasant drink your wine, your days are numbered bourgeoisie swine.
>>
>>5539274
Top fucking kek.
>insulting
>massive injustice
>robbed
They BROKE THE LAW. You lose like 99% of your rights when you violate the code of law that keeps the nation running in a semi-okay state. 13th Amendment says you done fucked up, and now you get to work your ass off. Don't fuck around next time, then you don't work your ass off for shitty wages. If you ask me, prisoners shouldn't be paid at all. The prison system in CA is such a fucking expensive mess. Any cuts to spending in that area are a good idea as long as they don't physically harm the inmates.
>>
Um I am non-op mtf, does it mean I would end up in a men's prison if I did something bad and was an American? This is really scary.
>>
>>5534384
Ask Chelsea Manning
>>
Would it really be that bad to go to male prison as a mtf though?

>Probably the only person in the entire prison who even resembles a female
>Head alpha convict will make you his bitch because having a gf while in prison will be the ultimate luxury / status symbol and the strongest convict everyone will compete for and only the strongest convict will win
>Get treated like queen of the prison from that point on
>>
>>5539511

>Um I am non-op mtf, does it mean I would end up in a men's prison if I did something bad and was an American?

You could also end up there if you didn't do something bad but just got wrongly identified by an eyewitness who confused you with someone else.
>>
>>5535730
Its like they are treated as men, how horrible.
>>
>>5539720
Wow what? That's really stupid.
>>
>>5539766

Yeah. Here's a list of 300+ known cases where someone was convicted of a crime they didn't commit and sent to prison (it's known they were wrongfully convicted because they were latter exonerated after lawyers took interest in their cases and used new technology for DNA evidence to prove their innocence):

http://www.innocenceproject.org/cases-false-imprisonment/front-page#c10=published&b_start=0&c4=Exonerated+by+DNA
>>
Oh, I saw this on Lockup! There are whole gay units and they split them up between masc and femme groups
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 750x1133) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 750x1133
>ftm bottom surgery sucks and is too expensive
>tfw pic related would go in a women's prison
How does that make sense?
>>
>>5540087
i would be his prison wife.
>>
This is the only good thing about being ftm. Female prisons, female bathrooms, female lockerooms
>>
>>5540087
Because there is no Y chromosome present.
>>
>>5540202
>female prisons
better than male prisons i suppose
>female bathrooms
have you ever stepped foot in a women's bathroom?
>female locker rooms
now that's a perk
>>
Roughly
>>
>>5539781
>they were latter exonerated after lawyers took interest in their cases and used new technology for DNA evidence to prove their innocence):
so it's rather unlikely to happen today. not saying it doesn't happen but it's highly unlikely for any individual to be wrongly convicted.
>>
>>5539714
Not in your masturbatory fantasies, no. In reality you'll probably just get raped and abused a lot more.
>>
>>5539484
I honestly hope you end up in prison for something frivolous just so you could meet a person like yourself after you get out.
>>
>>5539720
You could also end up there for basic self-defense depending on the mood of the police.
>>
>>5540364
>>5540202
Post-op bottom surgery ftms go to male prison. Post-op bottom surgery mtfs go to female prison. There are 'mishaps', which are the ones you read about but usually its just mtfs that have boobs but still have a dick.

In Canada it also is determined about what's in between your legs.
>>
>>5540437
>so it's rather unlikely to happen today.
What world do you live in man?
>>
>>5540850
At least they don't think going to prison exempts you from being a contributing member of society.
>>
>>5540364
Y chromosomes is the reason they separate the sexes. got it.
>>
>>5540922
:^)
>>
>>5540922
In all fairness though for the longest time have 2 Y's placed you on the "probably gonna be a criminal" list.
>>
File: 1443808438299.png (18 KB, 146x187) Image search: [Google]
1443808438299.png
18 KB, 146x187
>>5534384
Your best bet is to either peition and cause a stir for reassignment to a women's prison, or risk mental insanity in solitary confinement. Some prisons have a unit for openly gay or transgender people, but that is rare and not much better than genpop.

If you want to be real about it, if you're transgender, you better be as careful as you can, because you are not coming out of prison alive, or at least, you won't be the same person anymore.
>>
>>5540437
lol, no.
I'm sorry if it breaks your fantasy built from crime investigation shows but they really don't pursue most cases with very much dedication and effort and things that cost money like DNA tests are likely to be skipped as not necessary to make things quicker and simpler when they're "kinda pretty almost definitely sure about what probably happened" unless you have the money to afford a good lawyer who will actually advocate and fight for you and pursue every possible option instead of just trying to get it done to get to the fifty other cases they have that week.
Oh and you're almost guaranteed fucked if your "crime" had anything to do with police abuse/corruption/lawbreaking, they all back each-other up and put every roadblock and delay up to stop others from seeing evidence including "losing" it and unless you can somehow get your hands on solid evidence like video then it's just your dirty criminal word agaisnt a bunch of respected officers and supportive higher-ups, even eyewitnesses don't usually change that balance.
>>
>>5540437
>it's highly unlikely for any individual to be wrongly convicted.
LOL
You have no clue!!!!
Be a part of a despised minority, and you will be fingered for a crime if you just look like you are the guilty one. Any evidence that shows your innocense will be ignored.
>>
>>5535542
True. But it handles everyone poorly so at least they're consistent.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.