[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /Lgbt/ think about polyamorous relationships?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: Polyamorous-Pride.gif (49 KB, 236x276) Image search: [Google]
Polyamorous-Pride.gif
49 KB, 236x276
What does /lgbt/ think about polyamorous relationships? Would you consider doing one? What genders do the people involved have to be? If you have been in a relationship like this before, green text your stories.
>>
File: its those darn jews.jpg (369 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
its those darn jews.jpg
369 KB, 1600x1200
How the fuck could I get 3 or more boyfriends when I haven't even ever hand one.
>>
>>5528934
This tbqh fampai
>>
>>5528892

I don't do monogamy. I was in a monogamous relationship for 10+ years and it sucked. I mean I loved my bf but I hated feeling so trapped. I'm an independent person and I don't like feeling like I belong to someone.

Now I just date/fuck whoever I want, whenever I want. All the guys I see know that I'm poly and that I have other partners. I don't do any sort of stupid primary/secondary bullshit. I just have several casual relationships with different guys. It's chill.
>>
I have never seen a functioning truly polyamorous relationship. I've seen open relationships that work i.e. a couple that has play partners but every polyamorous person I have met is off their fucking rocker. All were some alternative lifestyle turbo hippy, a diehard Tumblrina, suffering from severe mental disorders or any combination of the above.

Their relationships worked about as well as one might expect.

I've had interest in more than one person at once but that was just it: interest. From my experience humans have a very hard time dedicating romantic love to more than one person and when they do, it's heavily diminished. It may work for some people in some far away land but not once in all my years of service, travel, and general human exploration have I encountered a healthy poly relationship.
>>
I don't have anything against it, if you can manage to make the relationship work then more power to you.

All i know is it wouldn't work for me since I have massive self esteem issues and i'd interpret it as me not being good enough for them. Also >>5528934.
>>
Becoming the third member in a couple ATM. The secret is communication. I love my two bfs very much.
>>
Literally the most self-centred and narcissistic way to have a relationship(s).

See>>5528962
>>
>>5528892
>been with gf for a few years
>think how we're both bi and so there are things we can't really do for each other
>decide to give it a shot because why not.
>one of my oldest friends and my gf start going out
>just get to laugh at how squeamish she's being when she talks about him, it's adorable and funny
>friend from a levels comes over on her birthday cos no one else is around, tells us she's poly, end up having threesome with view to more but it didn't last (realistically she was attracted to me as a guy and i'm not exactly that now)
>gf and friend break up, everyone is cool though. just hug gf all night that night.
>gf goes back to uni, has a couple one night stands, recently has started seeing one guy repeatedly
>go to visit, meet this guy
>both of them are awkward and i'm just laughing my ass off at it

Essentially i do it cos i genuinely get the whole compersion thing. maybe in a year or two i'll find another partner for myself but rn i'm stuck in a shitty area so meh.
>>
I don't like them, but that's mostly because someone I love very much was hurt by an asshole who got her to have sex with him for 5+ years, her wanting a relationship the entire time, while he claimed that he was polyamorous and therefore couldn't. It took her over five years to finally realize that he only thought of her as a place to cum. Ever since that, it's been really hard to look at polyamory and not see it as a total copout to committing. In this guy's case, I think he just didn't want to commit to a transgirl.
>>
>>5528962
>How to get aids
>>
whats the point of being in relationship?
i need total trust and loyalty , having another person around would be hurtful
>>
>>5529573
uhh... polyamory means you're interested in multiple *relationships*. That guy was a massive douche.

fucking for the hell of fucking and polyamory are not the same thing.

I'm >>5529449 and actually gonna be marrying my gf. the a level friend mentioned is also engaged.
>>
>>5529573
She knew what she was getting. She could refuse after he told her that he's not satisfied with only one parter. But she didn't. And the only person responsible for being a place to cum is place to cum.
>>
>>5528892
>What does /lgbt/ think about polyamorous relationships?
I don't understand how they work, but if they work for some people then it's ok.

>Would you consider doing one?
I don't think so. There was a time I kinda liked the idea of having many people hugging me. But I don't think that's a good reason to be in a poly relationship.

I think I'd be ok with an open one, assuming I could ever get more than one people to want to fuck me at a time.

>What genders do the people involved have to be?
Male. Can accept ftms if they pass and aren't too dysphoric about their mancaves.
>>
>>5528892
I'm currently trying to build a relationship with two other people, but one of them is a bit intimidated and unsure about it. I'm sure we'll work it out though, we work rather well together usually.
>>
>>5530398
Are you one of my bfs? Lol

Anyway I'm currently in a MMM relationship, becoming the third member of an estabilished couple. We're a bit distant from each other and we only meet every two months or so. We passed new Years eve together and it was really nice. When I left, at the train station, they both cried like babies, it was the most moving moment of my life and I spent all the ride back home tearing up at intervals. Knowing I have such influence over, not one, but two people really made me feel honored. They are also older than me: 35 and 42 respectively. I'm just 24
>>
i want to ask an existing couple out on a date
im close friends with them
theyre both bi
im trans

any advice?
>>
I'm like sort of on my way into one? I find it a little odd, but I'm willing to try anything, and I don't feel jealous over someone having relationships other than with me.

It's more that the person I'm getting involved with seems to want to get every person involved with each other, and I don't like guys.
>>
I think it's pretty fucking greedy in the gay community to be honest. There's already such a ridiculous shortage already and not to mention we have women who try to convert gay men all the time so it just adds to the problem.
>>
>>5530810
Nope, degenerate tranny threeway stuffs going on. Sorry.
>>
>>5530883
dont
>>
my boyfriend was poly and shit bugged me. if another dude told me he was poly it would be a huge red flag
>>
>>5528892
I've been in a few poly relationships. Twice as part of the original couple, one as joining a couple. The sex was always awesome, and there's something satisfying about having two boyfriends in general. But it never worked out. I've yet to see one work out.
>>
>>5530941
How can a women "convert" a gay man?
>>
I honestly don't understand why anyone would feel driven to be in a monogamous relationship.
>>
>>5530810
That's actually really adorable <3. I hope the best for the three of you.
>>
>>5530810
Does the age difference get in the way in anyway? And awww, it must suck not being ale to see them everyday :/
>>
>>5531709
>And awww, it must suck not being ale to see them everyday :/

Not him, but yeah, it's hard being apart from them, but at least I know they have each other. Can't wait to see them again.
>>
>>5531706

>>5531709
On one hand we have the same interests (vidya, tv shows, gym, cooking) but I'm not used to their routine, they work really really hard, I'm still a college student and have a lot of free time. I don't know if I will be able to adjust to their rhytms if we end up living together.
>>
>>5531706
thanks man :)
>>5531709
Another problem for me was the sex, I had a bit of anxiety going on and told them that I had the need to get to know them in that sense also singularly. So we're holding off the threesomes for when I'm a bit more comfortable around both of them.
>>
I'm thinking about it more and more.. I'm 25, bi, cis girl. I miss the fun of the chase.. I feel limited having a bf now. On some days I'm okay and we'll watch animes or wtv and days like today I'm thinking about how I'd like to fuck a dude from my fb lol or my ex gf..
>>
I'm kinda in one. Had a threesome with a couple who are my friends. Now she wants to be girlfriends while still going out with him. So we're working on it
>>
>>5530883
I'm in that situ too... except I'm cis and the couple are just normal cis straight people :(
Doubt they'll be dtf boohoo
>>
>>5531700
idk I like the feeling of us against the world you can only really get with two people...
three people adds another dynamic- competitive, collaborative idk but not the same at all
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.