[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I bisexual or pansexual?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: Pepe_72a1c9_5563753.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_72a1c9_5563753.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
I've always identified myself as bisexual bu lately I've been seeing posts that are making me confused. I'm sexually and romantically attracted to everyone, like I don't exclude anyone. And recently someone told me that means I'm pansexual. But I thought bi meant that I like people rather then what they identify as?
>>
'Pansexual' is bullshit. You like boys and you like girls? You're bisexual, congratulations.
>>
Labels are so annoying. It seems like there's a new label every week. Love who you want.
>>
Pansexual is used to denote that you're also attracted to genderqueer folk who can't just be called guys or girls. If you're attracted to them, you're pan. The problem a lot of people have with it is they refuse to believe genderqueer people are real, so they insist on using bi. Truth is most bi people are pan.
>>
>>5521945
Why don't you think it's real?
>>
>>5521959
Agreed.
>inb4 those people are special snowflakes
>>
>>5521941
Call yourself bi, you get accused of erasing trans people's identifies. Call yourself pan, you get accused of being a special snowflake. Pick your poison.
>>
>>5521961
Eh, I just don't like the proliferation of pointless labels. I mean, I guess >>5521959 makes a decent argument that it might make more sense if we also are considering people that don't consider themselves men or women, but that opens up the combinatorial explosion of terms that comes with "well I like this this and this but not this this this this or this". I don't know, I guess I can see why people might want that, it just makes communication difficult. Whatever, I'm not going to change how people talk I guess.
>>
>>5521969
I don't get this argument; transmen are men, transwomen are women, bisexuals like men and women, the only people whose identities are being erased are more exotic genderqueer types that don't consider themselves either.
>>
>>5521995
Yeah, that's what I thought, guess I was wrong.
>>
At this point, you have the choice to call yourself either bi or pan. I'm bisexual, and I'm attracted to all genders, including nb ones. I just choose to call myself bisexual because I'm more comfortable with it.
>>
>>5521995
how the fuck are transmen men and transwomen women? they're just playing dressup.
>>
>>5522057
edgy
>>
>>5522012
Nonbinary people still fall under the "trans" umbrella. That said, bisexuality is defined as being attracted to two or more genders, so the argument doesn't work very well anyway. And after all, you could be bisexual and attracted only to women and nonbinary folk.
>>
>>5522057
>Go through years on gender dysphoria
>Go through years of trying to accept who they are
>Must get over the fact that they are different from regular people
>Must go through years of hormones and coming out to their parents to finally be accepted with in society
>Some don't even pass well so they must deal with ridicule
Yeah, but I'm sure they're just playing dress up for the heck of it though.
Niceb8 by the way.
>>
>>5521941
Do you know anyone who isn't a man or a woman? If not, whether you're bi or pan doesn't really matter.
>>
>>5522070
edgyier then a sharp sword
>>
Average bisexual: I'm attracted to males and females. :)

Average pansexual: I'm attracted to men, women, anD I'D PROBABLY DATE A TRANS PERSON TOO maybe PLS GIVE ME BROWNIE QUEERNESS POINTS SO I CAN UPGRADE MY ALLY BADGES

Now, you decide which group you'd rather be affiliated with.
>>
>>5521959
Truth is pansexual as an identity was created by people who demonize bisexuals as transphobic. Sorry, but genderfluidity is bullshit. No one in the professional world recognizes it. If you're trans, you identify as the OPPOSITE gender from your assigned.

TLDR: 2 genders exist. Many variations on the two biological sexes exist (various intersex conditions. Sexuality is a spectrum. End of discussion.
>>
>>5521969
THIS
>>
>>5523366
>Sorry, but genderfluidity is bullshit. No one in the professional world recognizes it.
They do, they just call it gender non-conforming (GNC) instead.
>>
If you have a tumblr account use "pansexual"

If you are sane use "bisexual"
>>
>>5521941

4/10, well presented but poor subject matter

improper comma use
>>
>>5523805
Edit the post for me then, grammarfag.
>>
>>5523811

why would I edit bait
>>
Different conceptualizations of the same behavior, generally. "Bisexual" is probably socially easier, "Pansexual" is often more accurate and I think a better way of thinking through and describing attraction.

What sort of bifag is going to categorically shut down their attraction to someone because they find out they don't ID as cis?

It's important to remember all this is just ways of talking about things. "The map is not the territory." Use the map that makes sense to feel through and share your life.
>>
>>5521959
What the hell is gender-queer
>>
>>5524362

Name a gender identification that isn't just a remix of male and/or female, and is interested in having sex.

Wait, you can't, because it doesn't exist. Ergo, if you're bisexual and not attracted to 'genderqueer' then you're 'bisexual but don't like genderqueer people'. Adding extra words to describe the same thing detracts from legitimacy, it doesn't add to it.
>>
What's a pansexual
>>
>>5526501
tumblr shit to make everyone feel better well really the teenagers that can not handle there own sexuality.
>>
>>5522557
I am bi and i date a transwomen. Because she is a women that's all. stupid tumblrina.
>>
>>5530255
Read my post again m8 we're on the same side
>>
So, I don't get why tumblrinas are into the whole "pansexuality" thing because to be it seems transphobic. A reasonable bisexual person probably already includes trans people in there, because they already SEE them as the gender they are. Pansexuality seems to just separate them out as something else entirely. So by their own logic, aren't they being shitty by claiming pansexuality is a thing?
>>
>>5530664
no cause there are the special boygirls and omnigender plantkin. how dare you not respect their identity? that dfab is wearing trousers xe is truly a third gender
>>
>>5530684
I've honestly never seen anybody who wasn't a teenager take this shit seriously and I use tumblr fairly heavily as an art platform. Is this actually as big of a thing as people say? Maybe I just don't folllow the mentally ill people or something
>>
>>5530706
in new york i think you can get fined for refusing to use 'xe' if someone asks you to
>>
>>5530718
I want to scream
>>
>>5530718

only if you are purposefully misgendering someone you employ. not just random people on the street, come on guys
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.